SPOILER !! Spoilers - mish/mash

You know, the more I think about it (especially as I just finished watching yesterday's episode), the angrier I am at Tripp for giving up so easily on Ciara. I mean, come on, it's clear that something is going on and he should just be persistent, not give into the first girl willing to be into him.

Granted, there's history, as he was into Claire, but I compare how he was about Claire and how he is about Ciara, and I see so much more there. And Claire will lash out at anyone she wants to when she's hurting, so why not hurt Ciara a little more.

I also read Chloe kills Mateo!!! [All the other drug lords in Mexico are going to get a good laugh about this. The fearsome Noodle done in by an opera singer.]

Pic of Xander telling Eve to cut her losses. [If nothing else, Xander is versatile. Instead of playing the tough guy, he's now dishing out advice on life and love.]

Chad doesn't have much leverage to battle Stefan since Stefan runs DiMera, but an opportunity comes along to run Titan. Kate not happy about that, as it destroys her plan to run Titan. [What a surprise -- another one of Kate's plans flops. Why does she even bother?]

Victor is told of Leo's lawsuit, and is furious.......so has to fire Sonny, or whatever, til this is settled. [And another one bites the dust. Victor's main fun in life seems to be playing musical chairs with the Titan CEO job.]

Claire returns home, Theo broke up with her, she & Tripp share their problems, and evidently kiss, Ciara walks in. [Pity poor Trippy. He lives in a town where there seem to be only two datable women his age. Steve should advise his son to move to Chicago like Shaggy Phil.]

I'm not sure about the direction of the show. I'm not really happy. I think the last scene of Vivian was her waking up. All same suspense we have to wait on just like Kristen DiMera at Susan's. Yes I keep repeating it, but its been almost a year, its annoying.

But they bring back Ben? Why? And clearly he is stuck in some situation with Ciara.

I don't like the writing with Theresa either. Seems out of character or her not to help Chloe or call Mateo. I think because of the short return, Theresa is being written more like a bad girl again.

Obviously Brady is not going to choose her. Wait and see, I don't know, it seems crazier than the Salem Stalker these days.

I can't access my SOD digital issue. It's asking me to pay $2.99 even though my subscription auto-renews next week. Since so many people photograph and repost pages from the actual magazine on social media (copyright infringement), I don't feel the need to pay extra money on top of what I already pay for the annual subscription. I did report it to their tech team but haven't heard back yet.

To tell the truth, I don't understand why SOD doesn't step in. I know we got a notice a few years ago, as did a few other web sites, about copyright infringement, But, I see the reproductions on Twitter, Facebook, etc. so doesn't seem to cause SOD a problem any longer. In fact, I bet it sells mags for them. LOL

Do the posts get removed...does twitter suspend or warn. Just curious.

Is it just me or is anyone else feeling like none of these stories have any grit?

Lucas and Chloe/Mateo - we really have no reason to be invested in this. I guess it's how they bring Theresa back and also how they write her out again.

Brady/Eve/Theresa - while I would like to see a man put Eve first, I really don't think they will leave Eve and Brady together long term, so, this falls flat for me.

Chad/Abby/Gabby/Stefan/the kitchen sink- hopefully this gets more interesting

I will continue to watch, and hope things get better.

Is it just me or is anyone else feeling like none of these stories have any grit?

I'm with you. I think the show could do much better but at the same time, I feel like the show is much better than it was a year ago under Dena Higley's pen.

I am looking forward to late Summer and Fall though. Based on casting news so far, spoilers, and behind the scenes photos, we already know quite a bit. Please note that I'm not posting any casting rumors as that's not permitted on this board.
  • John and Marlena's wedding date to be determined. I'm hopeful this will be attended by all their kids and grandkids.
  • Returns of Sami, Mimi, Belle/Shawn, Ben for a longer term, possibly Rex played by Kyle Lowder (confirmed by some media but not the show), Kate Mansi as Abby, a newborn, a little toddler boy (another Thomas recast?)
  • Billy Flynn (Chad) tweeted that he's staying with the show presumably for another year so I'm curious to see if the show signs Kate Mansi (Abby) for the same amount of time, recasts Abby again, or sends her away for a while.
  • Camila Banus (Gabi) re-signed for another year
While this stuff isn't perfect, I am looking forward to some of the returns if it shakes things up a bit. Admins sorry if this should be in a new thread but figured some of this overlaps with early Summer.

Thanks Heather.....and just for those who don't know the "why", rumors, especially casting rumors, tend to quickly get passed on, as fact. Someone says "I think Mary Doe would be perfect for such and such character, and suddenly it is fact, and people are saying I wonder who Mary Doe will be paired with, perfect for John Smith, and before you know it, all over the internet, people are discussing Mary Doe & John Smith's storyline to be.............and it was never FACT!! Was a rumor, based on someone's speculation or hope!

And while the show has not said a word, nor has any cast member or the actor, the assumption that Rex Brady is who Kyle Lowder will be playing is everywhere. Don't know if some media has reported it as the assumption is pretty heavy!

Completely agree with you Heather. And thanks for the explanation Poirot. I wasn't sure if it was started as a rumor why it came be posted, but your explanation makes sense.

You know what would be really cool??? If the summer stories had many different actors involved. Not just say Gabi in prison and people going to see her, but something that involved a bunch of people and at the same time another story that is running at the same time with some of the A story people and more folks, so you don't go 10 days straight watching one story, with a couple of inserts of scenes of other folks.

Wild guess, but since Ben appears to be coming back long-term, it looks like they might be going the real redemption route, which means they'll probably pull a "Ben didn't kill anyone" card and have him be a brainwashing victim like the era of Marlena/Salem Stalker.

Though I hope they actually get brave and have him go through a REAL redemption and spend time with him wallowing, finding who he is, making amends, becoming a good person, perhaps with Ciara's help since she has her own demons and they're both kind of damaged so they're friends (at first). I don't know, we'll see.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the character of Ben as well as the actor, and would welcome a redemption story over time. I don't, however, relish the idea of Ciara as his support system as it reeks too much of the stereotypical storyline of bad dude tamed by selfless angel. You know, a Tammy Wynette "Stand by Your Man" story. It never helped Tammy, and it is a myth we see repeated over and over again. Every nuance matters.

Back