Steve's vision problems are because...........

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
he is being poisoned. And, according to SOD, the person doing the poisoning is........JOHN!!

The why is not being divulged yet, but Drake Hogestyn (John) himself talks about John slipping something into Steve's drink......Again! (This is the Jan. 29 issue of the mag. Steve doesn't want to tell Kayla, but eventually, it gets bad enough, he has to. She checks him out (???) and finds nothing wrong.
John meanwhile is filled with guilt, almost tells Marlena about it, but backs off, needs to protect himself and her as well. (whatever that means)

Just saw this in another magazine, bt wasn’t going to post until I saw this. In fact, I just came across this as I was going to ask Poirot if soapoperanews.net is reliable. They speculate maybe a DiMera has him under control.

Last edited by a moderator:
the article says he cannot tell Marlena about it, in order to protect her. So, someone is threatening Marlena, thus forcing John to do this. I just cannot imagine John hurting his good friend and business partner. He has to have some kind of plan, an out of some kind.

:eek: Boy, the writers just can't stop the nonsense. John and Patch bosom buds. So you know, anyone that likes anyone else ,or loves anyone on this show, is doomed in some way or another. :angry: :tsk::fan: :sick: :beat: Can I say how I feel anymore? ShaSha

Last edited:
Too bad there weren't any missing cats or cats in trees for these private eyes to investigate.
Good point. Perhaps, John is being forced to poison Steve so he won't be able to spot the valuable pedigreed cats that a gang of thieves has stolen. More seriously, if John is really caving to somebody's threats, it's so lame. The same man who overcame DiMera control and took down Yo-Daddy's Phantom Army gives in to some lame threats made by Mr. Nobody from nowhere? Say it ain't so. Hopefully, there's more to this. After all, if silver fox John hasn't achieved immunity to Salem nonsense, nobody else in town has a chance. What next:
  • Chad replaces all of Abigail's dresses with blue jeans because of a threat;
  • Kate starts wearing her hair in a Mohawk to protect Lucas;
  • Kayla starts implanting tracking devices in patients to protect inmate Joey;
  • Little Trippy sabotages Claire's YouTube account to keep her from being kidnapped?

Back