Studio City, CA, Hang With the Guys - Days Event

I've seen Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) had at a convention once. He seems
like a nice guy talking to people who were around him when he's not on
stage.

I've been to several Science Fiction conventions over the years. You
have to pick and choose what you can pay for. And even then things
may not go the way they are suppose to. Actors have to leave and
you're left standing in line.

As you all know I will be attending a Days of our Lives event in May. :) Although expensive, I am willing to pay the fee and I think it is worth every penny. :clap: I will be meeting Billy Flynn (Chad), Bryan Dattilo (Lucas), Eric Martsolf (Brady), Galen Gering (Rafe) James Scott (EJ) and Jen Lilley (Theresa). Part of the proceeds goes to children with neurological disorders and I am such a big advocate of this as I work with kids. To me it is well worth it. I can not wait!!!! :)

Are we sure this is not a scam of some kind? Some tickets are limited only to 5, or 25, but that disclaimer about the actors subject to change........?????
Subject to change?? Imagine people who were dying to see Sonny, Paul, and Will and laid out all that money for the event, but then finding themselves in a room with the actors who portray Cole, Daphne, and Derrick.

Are we sure this is not a scam of some kind? Some tickets are limited only to 5, or 25, but that disclaimer about the actors subject to change........?????
Does this mean we might get Joe Nobody instead of one of these actors.
So let's see......is it worth $5-6000 to me to spend a day sharing the attention of 3 soaps actors with other people. I don't think so. But evidently they do. And I guess some fans with great bank accounts.
You might not get Joe Nobody but maybe you'll get to meet the girl shaking her bootie in Horton Town Square!! I couldn't find the clip to post with this one but I think our memory of clip will never be forgotten. LOL!

A former co-worker told me that he met Kris Jenner and Kourtney Kardashian in 2009 or 2010 at a Walgreens in Miami. Cost: free. In early 2013, I was in a meeting at the coffee shop next door to Kardashian Khaos store at The Mirage hotel in Vegas. The person I was meeting with said that Kourtney was coming in the following week and when I asked if there was a cost, she said she charges $150/head just to meet/greet for a couple minutes. I bet the line was out the door too.

I think the prices listed are outrageous for an event with soap opera actors. If it were the entire cast, it would still be too much but at least more justifiable.

I think figure skating events are very well done. At Stars On Ice, you pay an extra $60 or so for a Meet/Greet pass and then go into a private room after the show. All of the skaters come in and you are not rushed at all. You spend as much time as you'd like and can get photos and stuff signed.

Edited to add: Really cool story Robins Nest. You should go to Star Wars Weekends at Walt Disney World in May. They do a great job of getting the stars to appear. Mark Hamill (Luke) was there last year.

This event is within a 1/2 hour drive for me, but WAY too expensive to even think about. I have met a few of the cast members just by running into them. Jennifer at Discount Bird Supplies. Kate at a local deli and another time at an Italian restaurant. And John Black at a nearby movie complex.

I went to DOOL book signing at NBC Experience Store about 7 years ago. You needed the book, which I had DOOL 45th Anniversary, at the NBC Experience Store in NY City. It didn't cost anything, just had to buy the book to wait on line. I had gotten the book as a Christmas present but waited forever to meet everyone, but it was worth it :)

I was able to meet Galen Gering (Rafe) last year in Bridgeport CT. The event was Women's Health with an entrance fee of $10, but if you had a coupon, which was posted online, you could get in for free. I was able to talk with him one on one, not rushed and had my picture taken with him with my own camera and my friends. Such a nice guy, totally genuine and I would have paid to meet him. This year Eric Martsolf (Brady) will be there and then Shawn Christian (Daniel).

edited to add character names and actor's last name; please remember that not everyone knows the real names of the actors who play the various characters - JS

I wonder, too, how it went. I think the tickets were pretty costly.

I frequently run into James Reynold (Abe) at a theatre he owns with his wife near where I live. I also, from time to time, run into the actor who played Eugene (John de Lancie) either in the supermarket or at Trader Joe's. He's very tall.

Back