Summer Preview 2022

"Why is Paulina thinking about marrying Abe with another big secret between them? She’s like Gwen. Never learns a lesson "
I honestly think Abe knows, and knows why, but I think since he is so close to the situation, and fully knows what Ray was capable of, I believe he will whole-Heartedly forgive her. The difference between Gwyn and Paulina is, Gwyn was lying to help herself out while Paulina was lying to protect someone else. She is protecting her and Abe's daughter. Her lie was a purely un-selfish sacrifice. If put in that situation, and was my kid, I would have done the same thing!!! (Momma Bear). I think Abe will adore how selfless that choice was......As for Rafe, he's like Roman... Really great guy, super unlucky in love. He deserves much better than he gets. I honestly was rooting for him and Ava, and was liking her initial transformation into a decent, law-abiding citizen. She genuinely was buyable as trying to reform her life, and then when she was almost there, the writers just had to muck it up. There was so much potential there. Now they're making Ava a one note story. I can see it going that way with her and Jake now. Ugh, it's frustrating because I love this show (more in the past than now), but it almost seems like they can't come up with anything new and are trying their darnedest to run this show six feet under with the storylines.

I actually like Nicole with Rafe. I am hoping that this Eric thing is a red herring, because it seems from the way spoilers are worded and from her behavior so far, it seems like Eric is the one going after her yet she is committed to Rafe. I'll be really upset (but not super surprised) if they try and throw Eric and Nicole back together. I'm a big sucker for friends-turning-into-true-love kinda stories, and Nicole has been friends with Rafe for a decade now. I used to like Nicole with Eric but there is too much bad history between them, and it never works out. Then again, if Eric is the one chasing Nicole but gets rejected, then this is another poor storyline for no reason.

Not interested in Allie/Chanel/Johnny. As someone already mentioned, could've been interesting last year without the devil, even with Tripp thrown in, yet now is just bland and tasteless.

Sami only cares about herself. She wants what she wants, and heaven help whoever gets in her way. Paulina did what she did out of love for her daughter, Lani. I would guess that she is trying to make up for all the years of deceit, even though she gave Lani to her sister out of love, to keep her safe from TR. I seriously doubt that Sami would sacrifice herself for anyone. I could be wrong, but Sami is a selfish screecher.

Thanks, Just Samantha! I had pretty much forgotten about that. Didn't Sami shoot EJ, too? I remember somebody (Sami?) shooting EJ while he was in bed sleeping. My memory is not what it used to be and the way ReRon keeps changing history I just get confused and end up with a headache. EJ has been shot a lot, but he keeps on surviving. He even came back from the dead!

Thanks, Just Samantha! I had pretty much forgotten about that. Didn't Sami shoot EJ, too? I remember somebody (Sami?) shooting EJ while he was in bed sleeping. My memory is not what it used to be and the way ReRon keeps changing history I just get confused and end up with a headache. EJ has been shot a lot, but he keeps on surviving. He even came back from the dead!
Yes Sami did shoot EJ while he was in bed sleeping.

I think Sami is in her mid 40s (ignoring the SORASing of Brady and Belle, which puts them about the same age). When Eric returned in 2017, the twins hinted at their "big" birthday, 40 years old, which coincides with the date of 1977 listed as their birthday on SoapCentral after they were SORASed. Eric and Sami's ages are more consistant than anyone else on the show.

Sami actually brought a cake to Eric on their 40th birthday, when he was living alone in that cabin somewhere, back in 2017.

Sami bangs on Eric's door, birthday cake in hand. Calls him butthead. Says she's there to celebrate their "happy, crappy birthday" and waltzes in. She lights the candle and says they're both going to make a wish, but it can't be on something they can't ever have. They talk about the claims of Rolf reviving Will. She talks of how she unfortunately has to put her trust in Andre right now.

Eric gets some plates and silverware, then apologizes for not having a gift for her. Sami asks if she should slice a piece for Nicole, so she can shove it in her face. Eric says Nicole's not moving in, that she dumped him. Sami calls her the b-word. They talk about what happened with Nicole dumping him out of the blue. Eric's resigned to the fact while Sami goes on and on, ranting. Eric tells her to shut up. They talk a bit more, then Sami jumps up and leaves. Eric wants to know where she's going, but she won't tell him. He's not happy.

Eric then takes out a small box, filled with pictures he took of Nicole, and looks through them, remembering when Nicole walked out (flashback). He flings the box and pictures to the floor. He then totally trashes the living room and throws their birthday cake against the wall. The plate breaks and cuts his hand deeply.

We all know what they said in 2017 doesn't matter. Chase was younger, then older, than Ciara. Will, EJ. Etc. They could have the twinners' 60th birthday next week, and then in February sweeps, have their 50th, and it would barely crack the top 10 WHA? HUH? Are you kidding? moments of the show.

That said - for what it's worth I've thought Sami wore out her act somewhere around that St Valentine's Day massacre episode. After that, it became recycling, and any new folk who entered her orbit were only to cause grist for her then-power-coupling.

Back