Syrian refugee who watches Days

I was watching John Oliver last night and out of nowhere, there were pictures of many of our friends from Days -- even creepy Clyde. Watching Oliver, who is usually doing a humorous/serious take on world events, suddenly presenting a capsule history of EJ and Sami was hilarious. And for Days fans who are longing for the day when EJ and Sami are joyously reunited, the clip has that too -- EJ explaining to Sami about his "crazy sister" and how his "resurrection" was relatively easy.

Last edited:
As we watched "last week tonight with John Oliver", I wondered if somehow the scene done of EJ's return was actually foreshadowing. I don't know how I feel about the return of Sami and EJ if it is true. Perhaps if they are just back for Will's funeral, and then truly return to Days sometime later (maybe another year) I would like it.

That was all a fake scene especially done for John Oliver (he has thanked both actors for doing it on twitter.
That said, Mr. Scott (EJ) has definitely said no return to Days, he is not interested at all. It WAS his decision to leave and not renew his contract.

I refuse to watch this. I applaud the efforts to help this fan however, I think producing a new clip was a bit too far. They could have just as easily done a private meet/greet or sent signed swag from the cast.

Yes, John Oliver's show is a lot of 'comedy' mixed with news. Let's be honest, 'fatha's witch doctors' have pulled off some really unbelievable things. Who can tell what will happen?!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it truly was hilarious........not the scene with EJ/Sami which was a bit funny, but prior to it, John Oliver's recitation of all the evil that EJ did to Sami. I cracked up.
Yeah, too bad they skipped the rape. The rundown and "extra" scene are very much in Oliver's style. He has done this for other shows as well.

I used to always watch this show until we unsubscribed from HBO. I remember when he was on the Daily Show with Jon Stewart, then filled in as host when he was out. I am guessing his hosting the Daily Show led to his own show.

First off I'm glad EJ and Sami aren't on my show to stink it up, but that skit was hilarious. The summary of EJ and Sami's relationship I thought was more of mocking the couple. But the skit at the end talking about refugees and basically bringing to light their plight was very nice of the actors to do. Mentioning the girl's name is a nice touch as well.

Yeah, too bad they skipped the rape. The rundown and "extra" scene are very much in Oliver's style. He has done this for other shows as well.
I don't think they mentioned the rape because basically this girls favorite actors were EJ and Sami and rRape is a all too common and huge problem in Syria right now. It would just show how rape is never really taken seriously.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back