The Cop and the Bad Girl-a Rafe and Nicole love story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chapter 21: Impossible
Rafe sighed. "Nicole, Eric and I have a plan to split up Sami and EJ."

Hope looked pleased. "So you're planning on winning her back? This is great! Sami deserves better than EJ, and you're that guy."

Rafe laughed a bit. "No, I don't want Sami back. I'm doing this for the same reason as Nicole. We both can't stand either of them, and know that they'll ruin the lives of the kids, and probably a bunch of other people too. And Eric obviously wants to protect his sister from EJ."

Hope looked a bit disappointed. "Rafe...I know that you're mad at Sami, but I also know that part of you still loves her."

Rafe and Hope sat down on the sofa. "I know that, too. But it won't last forever. I deserve better than her antics, her fickleness, her disloyalty. Sami and I shared our last dance, and we've both accepted that we don't belong together."

"I don't think that's true," said Hope. "I know she loves you, and not EJ. She's just doing this to spite you."

"Maybe," said Rafe. "But I've seen the light either way. Look Hope, you're not gonna say anything about this to anyone, are you?"

"No," said Hope. "I don't want to see Sami with EJ, so if you and my nephew, and Nicole, can split them up, then by all means, do. It's just kind of amusing to see you and Nicole so close, and scheming at that." Hope laughed and put a hand on Rafe's shoulder. "I've gotta get back to work now, but I'll see you later at the station."

"Bye," said Rafe. The older woman walked away, leaving Rafe to his thoughts. Did Hope suspect that Rafe and Nicole were more than friends?

Eric walked back into the office and saw Nicole alone. "So what happened? Where's Daniel?"

"Don't worry. He left after giving me the check. He's not gonna say anything, but he knows that Sami, Rafe and Chloe all know what's going on here. And he wasn't too happy about us lying to the entire town."

"I bet he's not," said Eric. "And frankly, I'm not either. We're gonna have to come clean someday, Nicole."

"It's a bad idea, Eric. People are gonna hate on me for ruining your career."

"It was my choice, Nicole," Eric told her firmly. "I told you not to blame yourself for this!"

"I know," Nicole said. "But I'll get blamed anyways. Who do you think people are gonna believe, the resident sinner or Salem's Good Boy Brady priest? John and Marlena have enough on their plates with Brady & Kristen, and Sami being with EJ now. They'd be disappointed to find out that you, the priest, has given it all up for me."

"Maybe so," said Eric. "But Sami and Brady don't listen to them, and I certainly don't have to." Eric held Nicole's hands, and they got closer. But the sound of steps in the hallway interrupted them. Nicole knew it was Rafe, from the way he was walking. She quickly pulled away from her boyfriend, which left Eric mystified.

"Rafe!" Nicole said just as he walked through the door.

"How'd you know it was me?" He asked.

"I know how you walk. I could just tell."

"You don't know how I walk," Eric said, smiling a bit.

"She might learn," laughed Rafe. "I just thought I'd drop by to tell you that I spilled the beans on accident...to Hope."

"Rafe!" Nicole said. Eric had a calmer demeanor.

"We probably don't have to worry about her, Nicole. She hates EJ as much as we do."

"Eric's right," Rafe said. "She promised to keep it a secret. She thinks I belong with Sami, even though I told her I have no interest in her."

"Well, at least she's keeping quiet," Nicole said. "We had a rough day too. Daniel came by to drop off a donation, and saw us kissing."

"The words that left Nicole's mouth were like a thorn in Rafe's heart. "What'd he say?"

"Eric left," Nicole said. "I told him that Sami and you, and Chloe know. He promised to keep it a secret, but he doesn't really approve."

"I bet," said Rafe. "He'll get over it soon."

"I hope so," said Eric. "So, have you thought about when we should enact the first plan for our scheme?"

"Yeah," admitted Rafe. "We should get to talking..."

COMING UP:
-Nicole has a dream about her and Rafe
-Eric tampers with evidence against EJ
-Daniel learns that Chloe hooked up with Eric

Chapter 22: Bulletproof
Eric crept silently into the DiMera mansion. Rumors of how bad the security in the DiMera house was were true, apparently, since nobody was inside. He remembered last night how Nicole told him of EJ's favorite places to hide secret documents and the like, and was relieved to learn that EJ hadn't made copies of the tape of Sami's confession to shooting him. Eric found the right cupboard and tried to open it, but it was locked. Running his hands at the top of the cabinet, he found a key, and inserted it into the lock. Not shocked to find that it fit perfectly into the lock, he twisted it. Upon opening the cabinet, he found a white camcorder, a layer of dust covering the screen. Eric played it, seeing it had low battery. The first video that popped up featured Sami, and another woman's voice. He knew that this was the video, because Nicole told him much of the dialogue, since she memorized while daydreaming about having Sami arrested for her crime. Eric slyly erased the video before powering the device off, stashing it in the cupboard and locking it. Eric placed the key back where he found it, and then took the small green flash-drive on top of the bookshelf. Nicole had told him of how EJ put all of Abe's campaign files on there so he could spy on him and steal Abe's ideas for his own dirty mayoral race. Eric held the flash-drive firmly in his glove, and departed out of the back entrance.

Daniel was drinking coffee in the Town Square when he caught sight of Chloe. Curious, he went over to her.

"Chloe, hey," said Daniel.

"Hi Daniel. You look upset." Chloe looked like she had something to hide.

"I am a bit upset. I know the truth. I know what you, Sami and Rafe all know. About Father Eric and Nicole."

"I don't know what you're referring to, Daniel, but maybe you should take this up with-"

"Chloe! I saw them making out in their office! Nicole told me everything."

Chloe sighed, and brought Daniel to the side under the archway. "Do you want the whole of Salem to hear you? You have to be quieter!"

"Sorry," said the doctor, looking around. He was relieved to see everyone going about their business. Nobody seemed to hear or care. "Look, I hope you told Nicole to end this thing. I know Sami can't be happy about this, or Rafe, but please tell me you're not egging her on...?"

Chloe looked down. "Nicole's my best friend, what was I supposed to do? I told her long ago that she can't keep lusting after guys she can't have, but she obviously can have him. So I'm supporting her through this. And Daniel, you CAN'T tell anyone, OK?"

"Yes, yes, I know that, I already promised Nicole that I'd keep quiet. It's just that I can't help but feel that the rumors about you and Eric were true..."

Chloe looked down awkwardly.

"Look, I know it's not my business, and I won't tell anyone, but how does Nicole feel about that?"

"It's true, OK? But it ended because Eric chose his job over me. And we're just friends now. Nicole doesn't care because it was a few months ago, and I'm fine with her and Eric being together. Look, I've gotta run, but I'll talk to you later." And with that, Chloe walked away, leaving Daniel a bit dumbfounded.

Nicole and Rafe waited patiently in the office for Eric to come back. The priest walked through the door shivering, and placed the flash-drive on the desk. He removed his gloves. "It's done," Eric said. "I deleted the video. Sami won't be hurt by that."

"Good," Rafe said. "Then phase 1 is complete".

For all of you guys who love bad boys...just wait till you see what I have in store for Rafe

Chapter 23: Secrets
Daniel was having one of those free beers at the Pub that Caroline promised him. He still couldn't believe that Nicole was with the town priest, and although he wasn't surprised to hear that the rumors were true, he was a bit caught off-guard at Chloe's news. He took a swig as Rafe came in and sat by him, ordering a beer.
"Daniel, hey, how's it goin'?"

"Hey, bud," Daniel remarked as he took another drink. "Look, I know about Father Eric's...relationships with the townsfolk." Daniel looked pointedly at Rafe. "And I know you're aware of it too."

Rafe sighed. "OK, I'm sorry for not telling you. But it wasn't my place to tell. And I doubt you would've believed me if I told you Chloe and Nicole had hooked up with Eric Brady."

"Look, man, I don't blame you. I was just shocked. I walked in to give a donation and saw Nicole kissing Eric. I promised I wouldn't say anything, but I just don't think it's a good idea. I mean, what if Sami decides to spill the beans? She can't stand Nicole, and vice versa. They could be in danger of-of-of, of public humiliation! We need to stop them!"

"Daniel, look...it's not our business. I've warned them already, they didn't listen, and they'll pay the consequences if something bad happens."

Daniel looked at Rafe and smiled. "You seem upset..."

"Well, I am a bit upset. Everything goin' to crap. Nicole's going out with the priest of Salem, Sami's back with EJ, my sister's pregnant with my gay stepson's baby, and the woman I..." But Rafe stopped himself. He couldn't bring himself to say what was on his mind.

"Were you talking about Nicole?" Daniel asked. "You know, last year, when we were together, I was jealous of you two."

"Why?" Rafe asked.

"Because once I saw your connection, and how deep it was, I knew I couldn't compare."

Hope walked into the rectory and saw Nicole and Eric eating their lunch, discussing work.
"Knock knock," she said.

"Hello," said Eric. "What're you doing here?"

"I know that you guys are working with Rafe to bring down Sami and EJ. I came to say that I'm glad you're protecting our family. And...if you ever need anything...any help from the police...don't be shy."

"Thank you, Hope," Nicole said.

"Anytime. So Ciara's coming later on, but I've gotta get to work. I'll see you two later." Hope smiled as she left.

Chapter 24: Wide Awake
Nicole walked into the rectory to find Eric working on his computer.
“Hiya,” she said. “What’cha doin’?”
“Working on some files for a donation to a new church in Chicago,” said Eric. “I was so busy meeting with the nuns today, and talking with Hope about the prison outreach program, that I didn’t have time to get this done. I’ll be finished in a few minutes, and then I can finally go to bed.”
“Oh, but what about dinner?” Nicole asked.
“I just finished eating a Lean Cuisine,” Eric pointed towards the waste basket.
“I see. Well, that’s not gonna fill you up,” Nicole remarked. “I remember you having a bigger appetite than that.” She moved closer to Eric, kissing him on the cheek. Eric looked a bit annoying, and jerked away.
“Not now, Nicole. I’m too busy, and you should get to bed anyways.”
“I’m not ready to sleep,” Nicole pointed out. “I got enough sleep last night. C’mon, you deserve some fun. How about you take a break,” Nicole said seductively, exposing a shoulder from her shirt. Eric looked up and was clearly pleased by what he saw, as he paused for a minute, smirking. Nicole grinned. She leaned down to Eric to give him a kiss, but he gently pushed her away.
“Nicole, I said not now,” said Eric. “I have too much to do.”
Nicole sighed and rolled her eyes. “I don’t think this is about work. Eric Brady, I’ve known you too well to be able to believe your lies. Work has never stopped you before.”
“Well maybe that’s why I’m so tired, because I end up having to do my work late in the night due to spending time with you.”
Nicole looked a bit hurt and taken aback.
“Look, I’m sorry, that came out wrong. I’m just busy.”
“Is this about Daniel? Are you worried someone else will see us, or that someone’s gonna tell? We can count on Rafe, Chloe and Daniel to keep it a secret, Eric. They’re my closest friends.”
“Well what about my sister? She only thinks about herself. She could spill the beans to ruin our relationship so she doesn’t have to deal with you anymore.” Nicole could tell from Eric’s face that his sister as well as his busy workload was stressing him out.
“Well, they don’t call her Sam-Me for nothing,” Nicole joked. But Eric barely smiled. “Oh c’mon, Eric. She said she’d keep quiet because she doesn’t want to hurt you. And I’ll destroy her if she does, which she’s aware of. So let me give you a massage at least, to ease your discomfort and tension.”
“Stop, ok?!” Eric said. He really looked upset, which shocked Nicole. “We’re doing something wrong as it is, and I don’t have time for this!”
“Are you breaking up with me? Eric, I thought you loved me?!”
“I do, but Nicole, Daniel might have been right. This…it just doesn’t seem like it’ll work out. It doesn’t seem like we’re meant to be. If we were, we would’ve gotten it right last time we were together. We wouldn’t have to sneak around this time around, and lie to everyone.”
Nicole rolled her eyes and breathed out heavily. “You know what, Eric? I thought the fact that I’ve never stopped loving you was enough to make you happy. Boy, was I wrong. Because you’ll never be satisfied with anything in your life as long as you keep this judgmental, boring personality of yours.” Nicole grabbed her purse off of her desk and put on her coat.

“Nicole, where are you going?” Eric shouted.
“To the one man I can count on!” Nicole hurried out the door, tears in her eyes.

Rafe had just finished showering when he heard the doorbell ring. He wrapped a towel around his waist and headed out of the bathroom.
“One second!” He shouted. Rafe opened the door to a well-dressed Nicole. Nicole felt her cheeks flush and get red as she saw Rafe’s wet body, knowing he was naked underneath the white towel. She grinned a bit, and turned around. Rafe felt hot as well. He didn’t think it was Nicole that had come over.
“Oh my gosh, Rafe…I’m so sorry,” said Nicole, who turned away.
“No, it’s fine, come on in. I’m gonna get dressed quickly. Just, wait here, will ya?”
“Sure,” Nicole said. Rafe let her in, closing and locking the door as he headed towards the bedroom. Nicole couldn’t help but steal one last glance of that tan, muscular body of his. She quickly turned around. It was wrong, as she was with Eric. Or was she? She wasn’t quite sure if she and Eric split up, so she turned back around. Besides, Rafe was just her friend. She took a seat on the couch as Rafe returned a mere thirty seconds later.
“Sorry about that. I thought you’d be getting ready for bed over at your room at St. Luke’s,” Rafe said. “If I knew any better-“
“No, no it’s fine. This is your place, you don’t need to apologize. I just needed to talk to someone.” Nicole sighed and got up, pacing around, facing away from Rafe.
“OK, what’s wrong,” said Rafe. “Did someone spill the beans about you and Eric?” Rafe asked. He started to get up from the couch, looking a bit upset.
“No, no, that didn’t happen, thank the Lord,” Nicole said. “Eric and I got into a fight. He’s just always so busy, and we have almost no time to spend together.” Nicole sat back down, looking at the ground, before facing Rafe. “He thinks that Daniel might have been right about us not belonging together.” Nicole let out another sigh.
Rafe put a hand on Nicole’s back and rubbed it. “Hey, look at me.” Rafe could tell that Nicole was close to crying. He brushed Nicole’s hair from her face and used his hand to turn her chin so she faced him. “I agree with Daniel that it’s risky. But you’ve gotta follow your heart. And if Eric doesn’t feel the same way as you…as painful as it may be, you’ve gotta let him go,” Rafe sighed. He pulled Nicole in for a hug. She was relieved that Rafe was there for her, his big, warm arms comforting her.
“I’m sorry for being such a drama queen,” Nicole said. “This isn’t the tough ol’ gal you once knew that went around scheming.” She and Rafe laughed.
“It’s just proof that you’ve changed. And that you trust me enough to let out your real emotions,” Rafe said.
“You really know how to cheer up a girl when she’s down,” Nicole laughed.
“Well, how about I cheer you up some more? Your favorite show is on,” said Rafe.
“Even Eric doesn’t know my favorite show. How do you know?” Nicole questioned.
Rafe laughed. “You told me when you were drunk. Pretty Little Liars, right?”
“Yeah,” Nicole said. “I can’t believe you remembered.”
“Of course I remembered,” said Rafe. “I remember most everything about people important to me.” The two friends smiled at each other. Rafe saw Nicole’s blue eyes, like an intense blue flame that warmed him up every time he saw her. And Nicole looked into Rafe’s own warm brown gaze, comforting and welcoming as always. Even though he put on the tough-guy, cop façade, he couldn’t hide his sensitivity and kindness from her. Or perhaps it was that he didn’t want to hide it from her. Rafe flipped on the TV to ABC Family and Nicole rested her head on his shoulder.
But halfway through the episode, they were both asleep, Rafe’s head resting on Nicole’s, and vice versa.

Chapter 25: Jar of Hearts
Eric and Nicole were sitting at a table in the Town Square, waiting for EJ to come. Eric had set up a meeting between the three of them for today. It was the big day, when phase 2 of their plan go into effect.
“So where were you last night, Nicole? You weren’t there this morning when I went to your room.” Eric mentioned.
“I thought you wouldn’t care,” Nicole remarked harshly. “Why were you in my room? Were you ready to spend time with me now?”
“I went in to talk with you. We need to discuss last night, but certainly not here.”
“I agree,” said Nicole. “And I spent the night at Rafe’s place.”
“Rafe?” Eric looked surprised, and a bit hurt.
“You know it wasn’t like that,” said Nicole. Still, she couldn’t help but feel guilty. She didn’t remember falling asleep on Rafe’s shoulder at all, and they were both a bit surprised and uncomfortable when they woke up.
EJ walked toward them, with that ugly greasy, mafia-style hair he wore the last time he was with Sami, in 2010. His stubble was growing longer as well.

“Father Eric, Nicole, good morning,” he said. “To what do I owe the pleasure?”
Nicole shuddered hearing that English accent of EJ’s. Before, she found it as sexy as EJ himself, and his bad boy behavior. Now she looked back, wondering if she was really that desperate and pathetic to keep taking him back.
“Well, this is not gonna be a good morning for you, EJ,” Nicole said simply. EJ frowned in curiosity.
“What do you mean by that, Nikki?”
“She means,” Eric began, “that you won’t get pleasure out of this visit. Especially since you’ll have no choice but to do as we say.”
“What are you talking about?” EJ asked.
“I’m sure you’re already aware that your evidence against Sami, proving she shot you in the head, had been erased,” Eric said. EJ looked shocked, understanding suddenly dawning on him.
“What’re you saying?”
Eric pulled out his two black gloves. “You really should’ve had a better hiding place for your camcorder, and your key for that matter. And you might wanna fire those security officers you hired. I mean, why do people fear the DiMeras? It was all too easy to break into your house.”
“I will have you pay, Eric. You won’t get away with this!” EJ whispered loudly.
“No, I think we will,” said Nicole. “You see, Eric also knew, kudos to me, where you hide your valuables. Eric pulled out EJ’s flash drive. “Your entire election fraud is on here, not to mention how you embezzled your own half-uncle’s money,” said Nicole.
EJ sat back, looking threatened. “What do you want? Are you doing this because you’re upset that Samantha and I have reunited?”
Nicole laughed. “Really? I always knew you were full of it, EJ, but I never thought you’d be this conceited. I did this to take down you and Sami, for no other reason than to see you suffer,” Nicole pointed out.
Eric put a hand on Nicole to quiet her down. Although not many people were in the Square, he didn’t want her to cause a scene. “EJ, you’ve hurt my family too many times. While Sami may think you’ve changed, I know who you really are. I’m not as stupid as my sister, and I never have been. But I won’t let you hurt her, Nicole or anyone else ever again.”
“So let me get this straight,” EJ began. “You want me to dump Samantha, or you’ll release this evidence?”
“Precisely,” Nicole harshly said.
“Well, I think Samantha would be very interested to hear about this,” EJ said.
“Nah, I don’t think she will,” said Nicole. She slyly pulled out her Iphone from her purse, and showed EJ a live feed. “Rafe put a camera on his jacket. He’s meeting Sami right now in the park. It’s time you found out what she really thinks of you,” Nicole said. EJ sat back, eyes wide as he watched the phone. At the same time, Nicole took the files she’d downloaded from last night on her Ipad and made them public. Although she’d go down along with EJ, it would be worth it to see everyone’s face about how corrupt the former mayor had been. And since there was no real evidence otherwise, she wouldn’t go to jail.

Chapter 26: Love the Way You Lie
Rafe waited for a few minutes, the camera hidden on his jacket, and sending live footage to Nicole’s phone. At this time, she and Eric should be blackmailing EJ and showing him everything on the live feed. Then, Sami showed up.
“I got your text. What’s up?”
Rafe got down on his knees, taking a deep breath. “Sami, I just wanted to apologize for everything I said at the wedding. I know I was I the wrong, I was just shocked, confused and upset. Just like you. But we never should’ve fought, and everyday I’ve spent without you has been torture. Especially seeing you with EJ again. It reminds me of what I lost, and how much I still love you. I still want us to be together.”
Sami was shocked at Rafe’s confession, but smiled a bit after. “Rafe, I’m sorry too. I was out of line.” She sighed. “But I’m with EJ-“
“You’re always with EJ,” said Rafe. “But never once have you just chosen him over me, or Lucas, or any other man. He’s just your last resort. And I know love doesn’t just go away in a few days, especially our love.”
Sami sat down. “Rafe, do you really mean what you’re saying?”
“Of course!” Rafe said.
“I told EJ,” Sami began,” that I trust him, and that I love him now, and I was only with you to please my family.”
“Is this true?” said Rafe. He hoped it wasn’t, because otherwise his plan was ruined.
Sami looked down. “No. And I can’t even believe I said it, and that I trashed you. I was just so upset.”

“Not to mention that your family didn’t approve of us at first,” said Rafe. He and Sami laughed.

“True. I’m sorry for what I said Rafe. But you’ve gotta know that I’ll never love EJ. I keep trying to forget what he did to me, to convince myself that he’s changed. I keep trying to trust him because he’s the father of two of my children. And yet every time that I manage to give him another chance, he ruins everything. And I’m afraid that this time will be no different.”
“Do you know for sure?” Rafe said. Sami shook her head.
“No. But Rafe…I love you. I want you. EJ always has been my second choice. This time’s no different. Please,” said Sami, who was on the verge of tears, “please forgive me. Take me back, I beg you.”
Rafe took her arms and brought her up. “I forgive you,” he said. The two shared a passionate kiss. The make-out continued until they were at Rafe’s loft. He had already put up a camera with the live feed on the bookshelf just across from the bed. Rafe slyly turned off the camera on his jacket as he removed it. He and Sami quickly undressed and took things to the next level.

Chapter 27: What Goes Around…Comes Around
Sami was getting cleaned up in the bathroom as Rafe repositioned the camera. He got dressed and cleaned himself up. Sami returned and tried to kiss Rafe, but he backed away.
“What’s wrong? Don’t you wanna talk about…us?” Sami asked, confused.
“No, there is no ‘us’,” Rafe replied.
“What’re you talking about?” Sami asked.
“That,” said Rafe, pointing at the camera.
“You made a sex tape of us? Rafe, I’m not a Kardashian!” Sami said.
“Well, the outcome of your marriages makes me think otherwise,” he said. “And it’s not a sex tape. It’s a live feed, being sent to Nicole, who is with your brother and EJ right now, showing this to your ‘backup plan’”.
“You’re joking, right?” Sami asked, her expression somewhere between anger and sadness.
“Not in the slightest,” said Rafe. “You really think I’d grovel to you for something I wasn’t at fault for? I’m not EJ, Sami, I have a backbone and I am not desperate to be in power of have you as a possession. Nicole, Eric and I set this whole thing up for weeks. But don’t worry; Eric erased the video of your shooting confession, so you have nothing to fear from EJ in that regard.”
“I can’t believe you’d do this! Or Eric! WHY?! How could you DO THIS to ME!?” Sami shouted.
“Because you’re a heartless, venomous tramp who uses the men of this town. Lucas was smart enough to step away, and now I’ve finally seen the light as well. And after witnessing this, I’m pretty sure EJ has as well. Now he’ll finally ‘change’.” Rafe started to walk away, but had one more thing to say to Sami first.
“You’re getting exactly what you need and deserve: loneliness.” And, to Rafe’s surprise, Sami had nothing to say. Instead, she simply broke down and cried as she left the loft.

EJ was furious, but also very sad to finally learn the truth.
“Well, I guess you don’t know whether you want to kill us or thank us,” said Nicole. “But you know what, EJ? If it were completely up to me,” Nicole moved close to his hear, “I would’ve left you two alone, so you would continue believing that you were Sami’s true love, and never realize you were nothing but a sex toy to her.” Nicole and Eric rose from their seats and walked off. Although she’d felt uncomfortable watching Rafe sleep with Sami, their plot had been executed flawlessly. EJ was left broken, having lost his obsession and his power over the supposed powerless in town. Sami was exposed for what she really was, and was left being Single Sam-Me again.
Rafe caught up to Nicole and Eric at the church. They all celebrated with non-alcoholic beer, courtesy of Rafe.
“You should’ve seen the look on EJ’s face,” Nicole said.
“You should’ve seen the look on Sami’s! Oh, wait you did!” Rafe said, as they both laughed.
“She was able to shut up for once,” said Eric. “I’m just glad we did what we had to do. Now excuse me. I have to go call Hope and thank her for getting rid of the evidence on Nicole.” Eric stepped away, leaving Nicole and Rafe in the room.
“I’m sorry you had to see that,” said Rafe. “I was a bit disgusted myself.”
“Oh, it’s OK. I didn’t watch much of it. But I did enjoy the aftermath. I was just paying too much attention to that miserable puppy look on EJ’s face during the lovemaking.”
“I’m glad you got a kick out of it.”
“So,” Nicole began. “What do we do now?”
“We move on with our lives,” said Rafe. “I know for a fact now that I want nothing to do with Sami anymore. I’m over her.”
“So,” Nicole said. “Is there a certain woman you have in mind? For moving on, I mean…”
Rafe and Nicole smiled at each other a bit, but before Rafe could say anything, Eric came back and swept Nicole up in his arms, kissing her passionately.
“I’ll see you guys later,” said Rafe. Eric and Nicole said their hasty goodbyes. Rafe was outside the door, and stopped thinking.

“Yeah,” Rafe said to himself. “Yeah, I do have someone in mind. I always have. I just realized it too late.” Rafe headed out of the church into the cold outside environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back