The Cop and the Bad Girl-a Rafe and Nicole love story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dd.... that was really delish!! So ironic for Rafe...what he always wanted, he now despises. Can't wait to see how the romance between Rafe & Nicole develops... so looking forward to that!!

WOW.. This is by far better,,, no let me tell you this way, This story is so good, I sometimes catch myself getting the two confused, and not sure if what I just heard was the story you wrote, and it was in my head, or was it on the tv, and it was written by the pros.... I loved it degrassi.... wow

Chapter 28: Falling In

Nicole and Eric were making passionate love in the bed. Nicole closed her eyes for just a moment as they finished, and she lay her head on Eric's chest. When she opened her eyes, she was pleasantly surprised.

"I knew you felt the same way about me as I feel for you," said Rafe.

Nicole woke with a start. Her dream had startled her. Last night, her and Eric made up and had sex, so the dream made a bit of sense in that aspect. And yet Nicole did not understand why Rafe was the guy who made love to her. Did it have something to do with how much attention she wanted from him lately? Maybe the dream was just a really weird one that she would soon forget. In any case, Nicole had to get dressed. She had heard that Chloe was visiting town for a few days, and she wanted to grab a coffee with her from Common Grounds, perhaps a scone for breakfast as well before the work day began. Suddenly, Nicole's phone rang. She looked down and saw it was Rafe's number.
"Hello?" Nicole answered.

"Nicole, it's Rafe. Listen, there is something important we need to discuss. We need to meet ASAP on the pier."

Nicole could tell it was serious by the tone of Rafe's voice. "OK, um...I am meeting Chloe now in Common Grounds. I will meet you at the pier afterwards, at 10:00. Is that OK?"

"Fine," said Rafe. "See you then". And the line went dead. Nicole began to worry, but she knew she would not get to see Chloe for a while if she missed this meeting. She quickly got dressed and headed out the door.

Chapter 29: Don't You Worry Child

Rafe began walking on the pier to think. The air was cold and refreshing for him, small spring flowers starting to bloom and snow beginning to melt away. The sound of dripping water from the melting snow was soothing to him. It helped his mind relax, as he had worried so much recently. His schemes against Sami, his sister's pregnancy, and of course, Nicole...There was something about her that drew him in, yet he couldn't say for sure what it was. Suddenly, Rafe heard the sound of footsteps. Annoyed, he looked for a place to keep out of sight, as he didn't want company. He hid behind a fence and some empty crates, but heard a familiar voice.

"Yes, I want my money in two weeks at the latest!"
Rafe recognized it as Dr. Cameron Davis, his sister's doctor and friend, as well as the half-brother of the late Lexie Carver. The Dr. was clearly on the phone.

"Look, what I did was unethical, and I took a huge risk. If EJ DiMera ever found out I took his and Nicole's son and lied to them about him being dead, I'd be a goner faster than you can say dead!"

Rafe was shocked, and had to remember to be extremely quiet. He took out his phone and started recording the words that came from the shady doctor's mouth.

"Just make sure that i get my $10,000! I need to leave the country as soon as I can. Somewhere the DiMeras will never find me should the truth get out."
There was a short pause before Cameron sighed, annoyed, and said something else.

"Don't worry about Abigail; she's my business, not yours. I'll try to convince her to come with me. She likes traveling anyways. And she can never find out! Her mom nearly got in trouble with this situation. And I don't want her put in harm's way."

Rafe heard the sound of footsteps, and peeked out from his hiding spot. Cameron had left. He quickly stopped the recording, and took a few minutes to process what he'd heard. Cameron lied to everyone that Nicole's baby had died. How? There was no fetal heartbeat! Not only that, but Rafe couldn't believe that EJ wasn't behind it. In fact, EJ knew nothing about this!

"What if he tries to do this to my niece?" Rafe said quietly to himself. And why had Cameron been hired to do this? Rafe took his phone and dialed Nicole's number.

Chapter 30: Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)
Nicole walked onto the pier, burying her hands in her sweater. The night air was very cold, and even though it was now spring, there wasn't much of a change in weather. She saw Rafe looking down into the water right in front of her.

"Rafe, hey! Sorry I'm a bit late, I was meeting Chloe for coffee. She's visiting."

"Yeah, that's fine," said Rafe. His mind was clearly elsewhere.

"What's going on?" Nicole asked, sensing something was wrong. "What'd you wanna talk about?"

"Your baby...Daniel Rafael..."

Nicole didn't know how to respond. She didn't like talking about her most recent miscarriage. It brought up too many painful memories for her. "Rafe..."

"Look, I know you don't wanna talk about this, but we need to. Nicole-he's alive!"

"Rafe, this isn't funny! I can't believe you'd tease me like this!"

"I'm serious! I was walking on here, and overheard Cameron talking to someone on the phone of how he took your baby. I have proof!"

Rafe took out his phone, and played the recording he had. He gave the phone to Nicole to hear. Nicole didn't believe what she was hearing. The sweet, nice Cameron Davis, who was dating Abigail Deveraux, had taken her child, and made her think he had died? How was this possible? She gave the phone back to Rafe.

"I don't understand...The baby had no fetal heartbeat. Danny-R was dead! How could this be?"

"Your vitamins," Rafe said. "i had a bottle at my place, one I forgot to give you. I saw one of the pills. My sister is taking the same brand, but her pill looks different. So, to see what was going on, I showed them to Daniel, who recognized the pill as some kind of medicine that makes it look like there's no heartbeat on the monitors. Apparently, criminals used this to make their escape from guarded hospitals."

"So Cameron gave me this drug, letting me think my child died, when in actuality he was alive?"
Rafe nodded. Nicole didn't know whether to feel stupid, disgusted, mad or happy. He child was alive, but Nicole had missed those crucial first months with him. She had spent months suffering, believing that she deserved to lose her baby because of her past sins, thinking that G-d and everybody hated her bad karma came to haunt her.

"Why?! Why did he do this?" Nicole asked, feeling intense anger at Dr. Davis.

"Someone hired him to do this. I don't know who, because he was on the phone with someone. Luckily he didn't see me. But Nicole, we have to keep this a secret."
Nicole nodded. "What about EJ? He knows that this was his baby now, and he has a right to know what's going on. Maybe with his connections, he can take care of Cameron, or figure out some way to learn who's behind this."

"If EJ were to find out, he'd just be mad and make things worse. You remember how he was at the Horton House when Daniel revealed what you did. He'll screw up everything. Dr. Davis is already preparing to leave Salem and ask Abigail to come with him. Plus, she doesn't know. Look, I can get to the bottom of this with my connections, but no matter what, don't tell EJ anything."

"I won't, I promise." Nicole was a bit scared by Rafe's intensity. She'd never seen him like this before. She hugged him with delight.

"Rafe, my baby boy's alive!" She began crying. Nicole was feeling emotional. Angry at Dr. Davis for doing what he did, sad and feeling dumb about how she didn't sense this, and how she has missed all this time with her baby, happy that DR is alive.

"And I promise," began Rafe, in an emotional, intense voice again, "that I will bring him back to you."

Degrassi, You know good and well that when we watch the show on TV, and observe the way the professional writers have everything going, that all we think about is the way DG has it going, and I swear to the God above that I love, I have wondered over and over, if this is not the way it should be, and if maybe in the coming future it may come to pass. Thanks DG... It really makes one wonder.. Excellent.

Chapter 31: Better Than Revenge
Eric and Nicole were walking through the Square, "discussing work". Nicole had been so elated and upset about the news of her baby, but she couldn't tell anyone, not even Eric. Understandably, Eric was confused about her emotional mood swings. One minute, she was sobbing and snapping at him, the next she was practically jumping up and down excitedly.

"So," said Eric. "I was thinking that maybe we should spend some more time together. Maybe a picnic on the 'beach', by the river? I hear that your friend, Daniel, takes Jennifer there often for picnics. I was thinking maybe we could do the same."

"Well," said Nicole in a flirtatious voice, "I'd love that. Seclusion, and everything...but Jennifer still doesn't know about us, and her judgy self would be so mad that we're together, and that Daniel didn't tell her. And honestly, after everything I did, I'm not sure I'm ready to be around Jennifer that much just yet."

Eric laughed. "I didn't mean a double date. I just meant the two of us...both of us, alone, could go there and have a picnic, just like Daniel and Jennifer do."

"OH, I get it," Nicole said. She laughed a bit. "Well, I'm all in." Nicole smiled, but had to remember not to kiss Eric here. It was already "dangerous" that they were flirting so openly.

"Well, I bet everyone here would be interested to know just how far in you really are, Nicole," said an annoying, shrill voice from across the Square.

"Sami, what're you doing here?" Eric said, shocked.

"Doing something I should've done a while ago: tell the truth, and of course, get my revenge on you two," she said.

"Well, Sami," Nicole started, "given your track record, you suck at both of those things, especially telling the truth, so I'd advise you to just go."

"No," Sami said. Then, she got louder. "I think everyone deserves to know what you and Chloe have done. How you two have defrocked the town priest-both of you! That's right, everyone! Nicole Walker and Chloe Lane have both been involved with my brother since he's been a priest, and all three of them have been lying to you," Sami said.

"You have no proof, Sami!" Nicole shouted, getting closer to the shorter blonde woman. Sami sneered.

"Really, Nicole? You're gonna keep lying? The whole town's practically seen you flirting with Eric, and we all know the rumors about Eric and Chloe." Sami looked up at her brother. "You should've been more discreet, brother. I warned you, and I kept your secret, but you just had to ruin everything for me. You and Rafe stooped to Nicole's level!"

"Like you're the one to talk, Sami," Nicole began, but Eric interrupted her.

"Sami, I tried to do what was best for you and my family. It's bad enough that Brady is with Kristen, but how do you think mom and John felt about you romping the guy who kidnapped your daughter!?"

Everyone in town was murmuring to themselves and gathering around. Most people were giving dirty looks to Nicole and Eric, although a few shot Sami some nasty glares.

"Regardless, you hurt me, and while Rafe might be justified in what he did, you two are not. So now everyone knows the truth, and my work here is done." Sami had on one of those intolerable smirks that Nicole just couldn't stand.

"You *bleep*!" Nicole shouted, and she slapped Sami hard right across the face. Although Nicole had been controlling herself and holding it in for so long, that slap was years a'comin'. Sami looked shocked and angry, but Chloe stopped her and Nicole from moving forward in their confrontation.

"Sami!," Chloe shouted, glaring at the town hussy, "I suggest you leave, NOW!"

"Chloe, I didn't mean to drag you into this-"

"JUST GO!" Chloe said. And with that, Sami slinked off to the back of the crowd, but stayed behind, listening. The crowd was murmuring to themselves, mostly asking each other if the rumors were true.

"Everything you just heard was correct," said Chloe. She turned around and gave Nicole and Eric-both shocked by what Chloe did-an apologetic look. "I'm sorry for what I did, I really am. And I'm sorry, Eric and Nicole, for everything that's happened, and for doing this. But I can't lie anymore, and we all knew this would happened eventually. I'm doing you guys a favor."

Chloe, looking sad, walked away slowly. But another figure stepped forward. It was Father Matt.

"Father Eric," he said, a disappointed look on his face. "We need to talk. Alone."
The older man beckoned Eric forward with a wave of his hand, and the two men disappeared in the crowd, Eric looking disappointed in himself. Nicole tried to fight the tears, and left the Square as fast as she could, before the townsfolk could do as they always did, and judge her. She headed to the one place she knew she'd be safe from ridicule: Rafe's loft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back