The Cop and the Bad Girl-A Rafe and Nicole Love Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chapter 56: Try Sleeping with A Broken Heart
EJ was looking at pictures on his phone, of the kids last Christmas, and of him, Chad and Kristen, and him and Lexie. EJ missed his older sister dearly, and still sometimes talked to her at her grave. EJ flipped to the next photo, and saw a picture of him and Nicole just moments after a major press conference when he was running for mayor. In the picture, Nicole had his arm wrapped around Nicole, and they were grinning. He sighed.
"Those were the days," EJ muttered quietly to himself. He got up and went across the room, taking a small picture out of a drawer. It was an old picture from 2009, he and Nicole were sharing a kiss and smiling. EJ smiled to himself, before putting the photo back in its place.

"I will get us back to that place, sweetheart," he said. "I will win you back, Nikki. This time for good."

Chad was sitting at a table with Abigail at the coffee house. They sipped some cappuccino as told her everything that had happened with Stefano earlier that day.

"I just don't get it. Why does Stefano want you to avoid this? Is he worried that maybe something is off with Cameron, and he doesn't want you to get hurt?"

"I wouldn't get hurt anyways," Chad gloated. "I'm a good fighter. You know what I did to Nick." Chad's smile fell as he realized the words that came out of his mouth, and Abby's hurt face as he talked of beating up her cousin. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that. It's not something I'm proud of. It must just be the coffee."

"It's fine," Abby said. "Your dad is probably having men watch you and protect you anyways. Let's hope they're not watching us now. But speaking of Nick, he's been acting so weird lately."

"How so? The dude always acts odd," Chad pointed out. Abigail narrowed her eyes and turned her head sideways. "What? I'm trying! And being honest," Chad said.

"I know. But I'm serious! Gabi moved in for a few nights. She's scared. I really want to talk to Nick."

"See? My interrupting the wedding was a good thing. Some kind of message that Gabi and Nick aren't right for each other." Abby gave Chad her serious look again.

"Maybe you did have too much caffeine," Abby joked, laughing. She tried to take Chad's coffee cup.

"Hey! Give it back!" The twosome were laughing and playing tug of war until it spilled all over Chad's shirt.

"Oh my gosh, Chad, I'm so sorry!"

"No problem," Chad said. "I never liked this shirt, anyways. I've outgrown it," he joked. "I'll get cleaned up."

"Let me help, at least," Abby offered. She took a rag from behind the counter and wet it a little. She tried taking the stain out of the shirt. "You're lucky it was only lukewarm," Abby said.

"Yeah, but the coffee already went under my shirt," Chad pointed out.

"Let me wipe it off," Abigail offered. She pulled Chad's shirt up, and started to clean some of the coffee off of his stomach. Now she could see why they were called washboard abs. Chad was very attractive shirtless. Abby didn't notice that she stopped wiping and was just staring at his muscles. Chad cleared his throat, looking down at her. Abby looked up, blushing, embarrassed. "Sorry," she said quietly.

"It's fine," he whispered, moving his lips closer to hers. Abby couldn't resist, and tried to kiss Chad, but he pulled away in the last instant.

"Wha-what're you doing?" Abby shouted, as Chad pulled his shirt back up, smiling and giggling.

"Proving to you that you belong with me, Abigail. Not with Cameron. The guy can't even hold your trust." Chad grabbed the dishrag and put it in the hamper as Abigail stood there frowning. Chad returned, getting close to her face. "I was your first love, Abigail Deveraux," he said seriously, and quietly. "And I will be your last, that I'm certain of." Chad smirked in a way that warmed Abigail. It wasn't that pompous DiMera smirk that EJ used, but the cute, confident one that Chad always had when he had dated Abby previously. Chad walked towards the exit, his back turned to Abigail, but he raised his hand, one finger up in the air.

"I'll keep you updated on my father," he said, then he opened the door and walked out, winking at Abigail. She stood there, thinking of what just happened, and clearly knowing she still had Chad in her heart.
COMING UP:
-Gabi and Nick get into a heated fight
-Rafe and Nicole's plans take an unexpected turn

My goodness DD, you have really spoon fed us this one. You had my interest from the first moment, and look forward to the next chapter. Did not think I would ever like to read so often, as it used to make my head ache, not with the cateracs out, and just in time for these treats..... Nice job DD, Chad is doing his darndest is he not? I can see a bunch ahead of them...

Chapter 57: The Sweet Escape
A knock at the Horton house door woke Gabi up from her afternoon nap on the sofa. Gabi knew that Jennifer and Daniel were both working at the hospital, and that Abigail's classes were right now, in addition to JJ being out with his friends. She wondered who it could possibly be. "One second!" Gabi said as she lumbered over to the door. She opened the door and was shocked to see Nick standing there, an angry look on his face.

"What the hell are you doing here!?" He shouted.

"Please, quiet down," Gabi said. "The neighbors will hear us and worry!"

"I don't give a crap about them, why are you here? Why'd you leave me?"

"Because you're not being yourself! You haven't been for weeks, Nick! You sit here and treat me like crap and expect me to stay by your side? You're barely around as it is and when you are around, you only yell at me! If this is work stuff stressing you out, then please tell me. Take some time off, we can talk and work through it, but I'm not going to stand by as you treat me badly and push me away!"

Nick walked closer to Gabi and slammed the door behind him. His face was in hers, and he was breathing heavily, as if he were trying to control his anger. "You have no idea what's going on in my life! This isn't about work, this is about-"

"I don't care what it's about!" Gabi shouted, flailing her arms about. "I'm tired of you doing this to me! Alienating me from my friends, trying to turn me against my family, and pushing your family away! You kept me cooped up in that mansion unless I was at school! I was nice enough to try and brush it off, give you chance after chance after chance, but maybe Will's right! Maybe I don't know you well enough! Maybe I jumped into this marriage because I was so desperate for love that I married a controlling psychopath!" Gabi shouted. And as those last few words exited her mouth, Nick's hand swatted her face hard. Gabi felt intense pain, and looked in shock at Nick, seeing the rage in his face.

Nicole finished up her lunch at her desk, just getting ready to open up a file on her computer for work, when her phone buzzed. She looked at it and saw Rafe's phone number, and picture, on the screen. Nicole quickly shut the door and picked up the phone.

"Yeah, Rafe, what's up?"

"There's been some major developments in the case, Nicole. The case."

"Nicole knew what that meant. Something was happening with Daniel Rafael. These past few weeks were so tense that she'd managed to put that longing to see him to a bit of a rest. She had to have a stable job in order to provide for her baby, and with Rafe still doing research on him-and the chance they might not even manage to save him-Nicole felt like she shouldn't get her hopes up. But now she was anxious. She didn't know whether to be happy or nervous. "What's going on?"

"Well, I'll need to talk to you today after work. Something serious is going down," Rafe's serious tone said from the other line.

"What?!" Nicole jumped up, a serious expression on her face.

"The cartels are changing location. If we don't move fast, we're gonna lose 'em. We'll need to execute our plan sooner than either of us thought."

"OK..." Nicole said. "How much sooner?"

"We will need to leave tomorrow night."

I really appreciate the portions of the chapters you dedicate to Gabi and Nick... I feel like I need to reach through the computer and shake the stuffings out of that little fink. I know that he is one strong person, and Gabi does not need to have her hearing impaired as it happens often... and you know DD I am reading every word about Daniel Rafael, and look forward to the trip.... Nice job with this Keemosabi

Chapter 58: Trouble
Nicole showed up to Rafe's office and slammed the door behind her. He looked up from his computer screen. "Are you mad or something? I thought you'd be happier!"

Nicole caught her breath. "No, sorry, I just came here as fast as I could as soon as I got off work. What do you mean we have to go tomorrow night? Are you serious? We have to pack tonight? We didn't even buy our tickets!"

"Relax, woud'ya? I just called Gabi. She sounded a bit strange, must be the pregnancy, but the point is that we're all going to Cancun tomorrow night. I bought our tickets. From there, we're heading to Havana, just the two of us. But yeah, we're gonna have to hurry up and pack tonight. I can grab us dinner at the Pub, since we won't have time to cook anything."

"Ok, ok, um...let me go get it now, and I'll bring it home and pack up quickly," Nicole said, thinking and trying to comprehend the urgency of the situation. 'I can't believe I'm gonna get to see my baby!" Nicole teared up and grinned, jumping up and down before hugging Rafe. "This is it!"

"It sure is," Rafe said, smiling. "Look, I don't know how long we'll be there, but you're gonna need to pack a lot, just in case."

"Will do," Nicole said. "And a bathing suit," Nicole laughed. "So does anyone else know?"

"Just us two, and my contacts at the FBI," Rafe said. "An update gave me some info on why they took him. They want child slaves, to pick the marijuana off their acres of land."

"Oh my G-d," Nicole said. "Do you really think we can save him?" But Nicole saw the look on Rafe's face and was discouraged.

"Look, I'd hate to say no, since we're working this hard, but there's no guarantee. This is gonna be a very tough operation."

Nicole looked down, and began to tear up again, but Rafe put a hand on her shoulder. "Don't worry. I told you I'll do whatever it takes to get your baby boy back. And I'm tough. I'm not gonna let anyone get in my way," Rafe reassured, grinning. Nicole smiled and eased up again.

"I don't want you to get hurt, or worse," Nicole said. "I'll never forgive myself if you do."

"I'll be just fine," Rafe told her, both of this hands on Nicole's shoulders. He slid them down until he was holding her wrists. "You underestimate me." He noticed Nicole glance down at his hands, and he looked down as well. The warmth from their hands made Nicole and Rafe both feel more comfortable. And it reminded them that they were both in this, for better or worse, together.

"I don't know how to repay you," Nicole began, "for doing this. Thank you."

"You don't have to repay me," Rafe said. He brushed away a lock of her hair and kissed her cheek. Nicole looked up at him and smiled. It was a slightly awkward yet relieving moment.

"I'll go get dinner then," she said quietly. "I'll see you at home."

"See ya soon," Rafe replied. As Nicole closed the door, Rafe smiled. "Home, huh?" He shook his head as he smiled, and got back to work.

Nicole had picked up dinner from the Pub, but stopped by St. Luke's on the way. She kneeled down and started to pray, since she was alone. "G-d, I know I barely pray, and have done a lot of terrible things, but please, please, just grant this one prayer, for the two most important men in my life," Nicole said, hands clasped and looking up. "Keep them both safe. My son, and the man that I love. Because I can't go on without either of them."

Enjoy the long weekend everyone, and have a safe Memorial Day!

Chapter 59: Love the Way You Lie Part 2
Gabi had just hung up the phone on Rafe. He had called her and told her that she and Nick should go to Cancun tomorrow night, as Nicole was accompanying him there. Gabi initially wanted to refuse, due to what happened when she argued with Nick recently, but she heard that tone in Rafe's voice. Urgency. The only time she'd heard him talk that way was when he was on cop duty or FBI business. She knew that something was up, and it somehow involved Nicole. Had Nicole gotten into trouble again and dragged Rafe into her mess? Although Gabi liked Nicole, she hoped she wasn't getting Rafe into too much trouble. Whatever it was, Gabi couldn't refuse Rafe, and hoped that perhaps she and Nick could use this honeymoon as a chance to work out their problems. Nick's workload made him into someone he wasn't, and a stress-free beach vacation in the tropics would be perfect for them. She had called Nick to come over to the Horton house to meet her. A knock sounded at the door, and she hurried and opened it.

"Gabi, I got your text," Nick said. He looked uncomfortable. Gabi kicked him out after he slapped her before, and they hadn't spoken since. Nick walked inside and closed the door behind him. "Is anyone else here?"

"They're all out getting dinner," Gabi said quietly. "I wanted to talk to you-"

"Gabi, I'm sorry. I never should've hit you. It was wrong. It's just so stressful, ya'know? Being at work so much, not being able to be there for you as much as I want, or for the baby. I know that kind of sounds ridiculous that I want to be there for you, and yet I get mad at you, but I'm ready to be a better person. Just please, please forgive me."

"I do. I know how much pressure you're under," Gabi said. "I shouldn't have been so hard on you. I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize," Nick said. "Now, what was it you wanted? Just to talk about...that?"

"No, actually. I just got off the phone with my brother, Rafe," Gabi said. Nick tensed, perhaps thinking that Rafe knew what transpired and wanted to pummel Nick.

"Did you tell him?" Nick asked, looking nervous and shaking.

"No," said Gabi. "It's out little secret. Rafe wants us to pack tonight. We're going to Cancun tomorrow night, and he's taking Nicole with us."

"Rafe and Nicole are coming? Why? Are they, like, an item now?" Nick was curious, narrowing his eyes.

"No, just buddies," Gabi said. "I said that we'd be fine with that. Is that OK?"

"Yeah, I'll text Kate and tell her I'm taking a few days off. I'll go pack up. You should do the same."

"I will, don't worry. I think this is just what we need. Alone time, relaxation, spas, warm, clear waters, soft white sand...Get away from all this hectic, all this drama," Gabi told Nick, putting her hand on his shoulder.

"I couldn't agree more. Just us, our family," Nick said. He pecked Gabi on the cheek. She closed her eyes as he did it.

"I want you back in the mansion with me," Nick said. "Tonight? Will you come back?" Nick kneeled down a bit and took Gabi by the wrist. He was smiling but had tears in his eyes. Gabi smirked a bit.

"Nick, I want to stay here tonight. Just hang out with Abby, tell the family I'm leaving, thank them, and all that. But when we come back...yes, I'll move back in with you." Gabi and Nick shared a hug and said a quick goodbye as Nick headed out the door. But Gabi couldn't think about anything but how Nick would change back to his old self after the trip, and on the trip. She got to packing, and thought of how they'd have the perfect family and raise this child with Will. And yet, somehow, in the back of her mind, Gabi couldn't stop remembering when Nick slapped her, and the anger he had. The frustration, almost as if Gabi was a chore, an annoyance. A small seed of doubt remained, but Gabi chose to ignore it and leave it where she thought it belonged-in the back of her mind.

Chapter #58 :love::love: Love it, Dd! Love the comfort zone & trust shared by Rafe & Nicole.... can't wait to see how you write their adventure!
Chapter # 59 Love the fact that Gabi will do anything for her brother, even go with Nick to Cancun despite their situation, and realizing that the problems remain unresolved. Love the writing and the progression, Dd! :clap: :clap: Have a great Memorial Day Weekend! Enjoy!!

WOW,,, That was a thigh slapping, thunder roaring, wonderful happening. That is as funny and interesting as watching a dog trying to burry a bone tied to a fish line, and dragging it away from him.... Seriously Ranger, I have to tell you my friend, this is more involving than anything on the TV, and their fancy writers, that do not know which end of a glass to pour the white lightnen into...... Listen DD, You and your chosen companion, have one heck of a Prom, and I can assure you will never forget the fun you have at this Senior Prom, and that you are only young one time darling, and when it is over, then welcome back. We are blessed to have you with us, and for writing this story for us to put ourselves into the lives of the characters in your mind and heart. I shall contact you on any thoughts I have.

By the way, I brought Kristen and Brady....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back