The Hallmark Channel

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I watch it a lot. Am stuck inside a lot this winter, but especially when it seems everything is a rerun elsewhere. One learns that Hallmark, like any series, has it fav actors, who show up in various movies, as do some of our Days actors. One gets to recognize the actors who may shine in one movie, but another just may not suit them. However, if you get a fav, you just won't miss when they are on, even watching the rerun every time.

You recognize them if they show up elsewhere, and you know you have seen some on some other series, ....like Candace Cameron Bure...(Full House), Danica McKeller (Wonder Years), Alison Sweeney (Sami) & Jen Lilley (Jeannie T) (Days), Lori Loughlin, also (Full House). Oh, enjoy all the guys, but my favs include Jesse Metcalf (Desperate Housewives, Passions), but Paul Greene....and especially Tyler Hynes are my absolute top favs.

There is one movie with Tyler ....It Was Always You...that I just loved. He comes back to town for his jerk of a brother's engagement & wedding to the gal Tyler was in love with since childhood. She & his brother are partners in a dental office. Probably have seen it 3 times now. Tyler just always seems so comfortable, caring, in the roles he takes on at hallmark. I know it is just me.

I really liked Alison Sweeney (Sami) in Second Chances with Greg Vaughan (Eric), so much more.

Do you watch, have any favs?

We have some of the same favorites Poirot! I too have seen It Was Always You about three times and agree it’s a good one. I also like A Shoe Addict’s Christmas with Candace Cameron Bure. I’ve seen so many of them several times also I pretty much just leave the TV on Halmark during the day.

I really like Tyler Hynes but he must have the beard or scruff. I also really like Kristoffer Polaha. I think I spelled it right. Oh and the other guys that were in the Christmas movie this year with the baby. Sorry, my brain is glitching on names. :rolleyes:

I only started watching maybe 3 or 4 years ago so I'm not onto everything. I really like Candace Cameron Bure, Allison Sweeney and Jen Lilley, although Jen Lilley and Candace Cameron Bure went to the other channel. Kimberly Sustad is a must watch for me.

I have to admit I haven't been too into the most recent movies. I feel like I started watching near the end of the good stuff. I think 2019 around Christmas was when I first started watching. Last Christmas was a little lacking and this year I only watched a few of them.

I don't watch Hallmark too often but Jesse Metcalf nearly always draws my attention and so does Lacy Chambert. Sometimes I'll watch the ones with Alison Sweeney (Sami), and I did like Second Chances with her and Greg Vaughan (Eric). But some of the movies she's played in didn't appeal to me. I watched the first few about the veil but then lost interest on the one where the husband was going off to Italy. I may try again on that one. They're still coming on.

I don't mind that the same actors show up in different roles but the themes and the settings are so similar, it doesn't take long for me to get tired of them. Maybe that's why I liked Second Chances. It could have taken place anywhere, not just somebody in NYC going home to New England.

The wedding veil series was good when the other 2 actresses were front and center.

Ali Sweeney has now got a contract as producer & director.

But hey, Hallmark movies are .....boy meets girl, boy & girl don't/won't get along/boy gets girl. Last scene is they kiss. Standard.

So, they change locations, cities, occupations,obstacles, & being a parent or not. Otherwise, the formula is the same. LOL

Back