the move of Days to streaming on Peacock

About the move of Days of Our lives to streaming only.......on Peacock......

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just color me curious........some here already do streaming peacock, some intend to join, some won't be co-erced into joining, some are on the fence........Where do YOU stand in now paying for this move of Days to just streaming on Peacock?

I am undecided. It's not the money for me, it's finding the time to watch. I work from home, so I just turn it on and if I can watch I do, if not, I will read the recaps, but rarely go back and watch my DVR'd episodes. I don't know that I will take the time to set up another device to watch. I have DirecTV and so far, they are not offering Peacock. I might sign-up since it's only $20 now and see how it goes.

I'm undecided. I think I might have access to it now somehow, but I'll be cutting the cord since I don't really watch anything on TV anymore, and the one show left I do watch is also immediately available on streaming the next day. I was basically keeping my $200 cable package for internet and NBC.

If the show were - gack - even the quality it was in 2014, I'd pay. Or even the first 14 months of re-Ron's reign. But this drivel? Where they don't even pay attention to what they write in a single episode?

Where I will undoubtedly have a backlog of episodes I haven't watched? Where I will average likely 3 episodes a month?

Unlikely.

I really feel sorry for everyone that cannot sign up for Peacock. I still have not decided what I want to do.

If I can get it for $20.00 for the year I will try it. I think it is a cruel thing they are doing. I can see going to Peacock but at least show it for free, though some people cannot stream and don't know the first thing about streaming. My 91 years old father did well once he got on the computer and then learned from there how to stream on the Firestick.

Well, for me, it isn't just the cheap offer by Peacock for Days......it is the added equipment needed. It all costs money, and is a lot to ask of a loyal Days viewership. Sure if you already have the devices, cables, smart TVs..fine. But if you don't..........plus, getting someone to hook it all up and if it is a repair person.....ahhh, one is getting into quite the cost.

Will upgrade once again. There IS a lot of good content on Peacock, I think enough to justify the cost. Glad that it is a reduced cost, at least for now. Will take the monthly plan so easier to cancel if I decide to do that, but then I won't be able to see Days...so that probably won't be happening. Between a rock and a hard place here. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure what I'm going to do.
I use over the air antenna.
I don't have a smart TV.
I too, much prefer sitting back watching TV over hunching over the computer.
I have a SLOW connection. I can watch some videos, others buffer so much they are a pain or completely unwatchable.
I was able to watch the first series (Chad and Abby in Paris), but with difficulty (buffering and a problem with full screen having black stripes across the bottom)
I then found someone on facebook who shared the next ones within the group (Poirot I sent you a private message a while ago about her) I don't know if she'll be doing it this time.
My daughter has offered to let me use her login information from xfinity, but we don't know if that will work from here, nor if I am comfortable with it.
So I guess I won't know what I'm going to do until it starts.
I've said many times that I would stick with Days until I die or Days does. and I've meant it.
Now, I just don't know.

Is your TV a flat screen? Does your TV have slots on back like a computer? I don't have a smart TV, but I can add things to it.
If your TV has slots, you can add a Firestick and watch on your TV.

Look at the back of your TV to see if you slots like a computer. At times, I have attached my laptop with a cord to watch on TV.

I hope your daughter or someone lives close by to help you.

If it's $2.00, I MIGHT be interested, but I just cancelled most of my streaming services. It depends on programming. I feel like Netflix got stuck in a rut, nothing there to watch anymore, I like Amazon Prime because of the perks. I channel hop, when Outlander comes back on I watch Starz, but do not continue it. When the Crown comes back I will do Netflix again and then cancel. It's like a dance.

We cut the cord and love it. I get streaming of HGTV, TLC, METV and a lot more programs from PHILO. I brought my bill down from over $200.00 to $78.00 and that includes high speed internet. I am happy with my decision. I am like most of you, it depends on the story line. This show will die if they don't get some competent writers.

The entire Beyond Salem was so weird, (in my opinion) I could not watch it. The demon story I fast forwarded through, that ship sailed a long time ago. Now with the character "Alex/Ben" I can't even watch him, I just see Ben and wonder where Ciara is LOL.

Back