the move of Days to streaming on Peacock

About the move of Days of Our lives to streaming only.......on Peacock......

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm not sure what I'm going to do.
I use over the air antenna.
I don't have a smart TV.
How old is your TV? It "might" be worth it to buy a ROKU enabled TV, even the large screen ones are pretty cheap, around $300. I have one, it comes with a ton of it's own channels for free with a lot of programming. Most apps are pre-loaded and it is so easy to operate, it's got an easy search function for apps, they kind of made it idiot proof, and I needed idiot proof LOL.

I have an antenna like you, the set up was so easy, I found 102 channels available. Just a suggestion. No boxes necessary, just the TV. One thing I like is that there are so many tutorials on YouTube to help you set things up as well.

That's really nice for you. But many others aren't in your position financially to just say "you only live once" or to not "deprive themselves of some enjoyment" and pay for something they can't actually afford. But kudos to you for being able to live that type of lifestyle.

We were asked for our thoughts, this was my thought. Yes, I can afford the $5.00 a month even though we are living on Social Security. Crazy me and my rich lifestyle. LOL

You know I haven't done that. I was stating how $5.00 isn't very much. This is not my fault NBC sucks!! You may need to put a warning on this thread that opinions can be criticized rudely!

You are correct, $5.00 isn't that much for YOU and for many others, but there ARE people who can't afford an additional $5.00 in their budget.

You literally said:
But I just don't understand anyone not fitting a $5.00 bill into their budget.

That's a pretty rude assumption. Just because you (and others) can afford the extra $5.00, as I said in other thread, how about some compassion for those who can't.

Fitting into a budget if they really want Peacock. Examples, one less eat out per month, one less grocery item totaling that $5, putting the AC 1 degree down for a few days etc. People fit stuff into a budget often. So many ways to cut out $5. That was what I was stating!!

I am getting tired of being accused I have no compassion. I wish I could help with their budgets and help show where they can save. Thus why I say over & over to do this. You don't know anything about me so stop insulting me!!!!

Again, you are making assumptions as to other people's budgets, which is grossly unfair.

I am not insulting you or your finances or lifestyle. You were the one who lit the flare and tossed it by saying you can't understand how people can't afford $5.00.

Enough of this. We get what you're saying and that's fine. But please don't assume others can just cut something from their budgets to afford a streaming service.

sportzgirl, I know you're trying to be helpful, but some people don't have enough money to buy food. I posted in Donuts
two weeks ago about a man who is struggling. My Sunday school class helps him out because he doesn't have enough
money to buy food all month. He's not able to drive. The dentist he goes to doesn't charge him anything. Depending on
someone's circumstances, it's hard to survive.

If I could, I would go all the posters here and set them up to watch Days when it moves. I'm not able to do that, but I
would like to :)

I am just glad we all have this website (which, I'll say, is WAY more entertaining than most shows on TV) to share our opinions, jokes, thoughts, memories, and of course, the recaps of each episode.

I have seen recently that some uploads of episodes of Days have been lasting a bit longer on YouTube. I just wonder if they can still be uploaded to YouTube once the soap moves on to Peacock...I guess soon we will find out!

If I have to pay then I'm undecided. This stuff isn't really worth paying for. I did see somewhere that they have the old Saturday Night Lives on there but that probably won't get me either. I have stuff on my DVR I never get around to so random stuff like that won't do it.

I really loved Seinfeld's Comedians in Cars series but once it moved to Hulu I was out. I might do the free month to catch up and watch some favorites from that but it wouldn't keep me beyond that so one show on Peacock probably won't convince me.

Even TVs that are very old now (10 years or older) probably have HDMI slots. People can Google what those look like. A Firestick might be $30. A Chromecast is about the same, and you can push what’s on your computer to the TV. Even if you have a slower internet connection, you could download the episodes on your phone overnight and play them on your TV, using the Chromecast.

My dvd player (I’ve had it for well over 10 years) even has an internet connection. I used to connect it to my old rear projection tv and stream Netflix many moons ago.

I know it’s a lot for some, but there are a million options, maybe even with equipment people already have. Once it’s set up, you can stream almost any service you want.

Last edited:
As much as I thought I knew about TV/internet.......I feel like a pre-kindergartner in comparison to some of you here. Makes me laugh, as my very clever hubby, who knew & could do everything about construction, carpentry, plumbing, electric, mechanical, etc., did not know how to turn a computer on or off, baffled him. He would not go near anything related to computer, printer, etc. I know he was very happy that I was handy in that area, so if he were still alive, he would be surprised as all get out, that streaming has me puzzled, inept. Those who have no problem, & are used to it use terminology foreign to those who do, & are surprised when we do not understand what they mean.

Sort of like my hubby when I insisted we get satellite, & we did, a big huge one (so many trees) & then he could not understand when it no longer got the stations we liked because they began to scramble the stations, so you had to pay to see them. Lost my wonderful Canada stations, my half dozen PBS stations from all over the U.S. and finally, the network stations from L.A. & N.Y. (wonderful while it lasted). Instead, I paid to rent satellite dishes from Direct TV, which they would not even retrieve when I switched to DISH. But they sure wanted their modem & remote, which I had to pay to return.

And now, after all the $$$$ invested in satellite dishes, programming, etc. they have gone to something new, costly, & that other equipment is useless, no longer viable. Now we have to buy new equipment, pay extra to see anything on it. I watch a lot of NBC, but they are going to lose me. I won't be able to get Days, just may try out General Hospital which was on opposite it. Heck, they won't even tell those who are willing to jump over to Peacock, what time Days will be on. Boo, Hiss.

I have Peacock premium right now with Xfinity, so I can watch the show if I want to when it moves. The problem is I have not found the show to be remotely interesting lately and have not tuned in for over a month now, and that's with it free on NBC. If Xfinity stopped providing me with Peacock premium, would I pay out of pocket to watch it? It would depend on the show at that time. Right now the answer is no and will continue to be no as long as Ron continues to be the headwriter and the show does not change in any way, shape, or form after the move to Peacock.

I feel bad for those who have no way to access Peacock as a streaming device and want to continue watching the show. TIIC at NBC and Sony really dropped the ball with this one. If they wanted to make the move, it should have started out on the free tier, and then, if they had enough interest, move it to the premium tier after one year. NBC should have learned from ABC when they dropped All My Children and One Life to Live. Those shows may not have rated very high, but they had higher ratings than the Chew and whatever else they replaced it with. I think NBC will find the same situation that without Days, no matter how poorly rated, no replacement is going to receive those ratings.

Most of you probably know I can't stream. The local high speed internet service stops less than two miles from my house but since there's only me and one other person living beyond that point, it doesn't pay for them to run the cable to us. I'm thankful to have a way to have internet right now, though it's just a matter of time until I lose it. Then I think Starlink will be my only option but I'm not ready to pay for getting that as long as I still have a service that works for most of what I want to do.

Back