the move of Days to streaming on Peacock

About the move of Days of Our lives to streaming only.......on Peacock......

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Maybe they're going to be looking at 2 sets of numbers, new subscribers to the paid tier of Peacock, and the number of times the episodes are streamed?

Either way, I think NBC is going to be disappointed.

Like others have said, I won't pay for the premium Peacock due to how bad the show is currently. You can't expect people to pay for a cow patty that used to be free, just because you rolled it in powdered sugar. It's still a steaming cow patty.

Currently Days has about one & quarter million viewers (including DVR watchers), is in 4th place, with Y&R in 1st with about 2.5 million. I honestly do not see how they can improve on that by going streaming. But the intention has been to improve the viewing on Peacock, not Days........so the suits feel Days has such loyalty (despite lousy story) that they will join up with Peacock, thus improving the viewing on that venue. Up the numbers, perhaps gaining viewers for other programming on Peacock.

I still think they are making a huge mistake, they are using Days as a guinea pig, not to help Days in any way.

I won't get it. I come home for lunch to let my dogs out and that when I see it. I won't take the time to stream it when I get home in the evenings, nor would I do the hassle of trying to stream it during lunch when trying to get something together to eat. It's just not worth it to me anymore.

Sorry to bump this thread. The other day my cat decided to nap on me after lunch, so I was poking around to see how many Days episodes they had available on Peacock. (Not sure if this has been mentioned before.)

Not only do they not have any of the half-promised "classic" episodes, they have only exactly 1 year's worth of episodes.

Lazy!

Are they only doing this for the runtime of the remaining episodes originally slated to appear on NBC? Once we get to material meant solely for Peacock will this change?

Time will tell.............I think Days was really taken by surprise that NBC booted them over to Peacock so far ahead of the planned date ( in Feb., I believe)

Yes, Peacock is slowing taking season 57 off.

Dec 6, 2021 has only two days left to watch
Right. They basically have 1 year + 1 day as far as I can tell. But you have to scan through ALL the episodes to get back to December, 2021, which is terrible design.

re they only doing this for the runtime of the remaining episodes originally slated to appear on NBC? Once we get to material meant solely for Peacock will this change?
Good thought - time will tell. Although if they do keep more episodes, they had better improve the interface.

Back