THE RUMOR MILL..............

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sometimes we read items that have no legitimate source......really, so.........
Rumor has it that Kyle Lowder just may be back playing Rex Brady........hey, could be regular Days, could be that Peacock streaming thing......Beyond Days
Also comments about Claire leaving the show???? Whether the character is being written out, recast, or actress wants to go, no idea. As I said, rumor only.
And then...........we all saw a promo clip of Allie so happy to see a returning Johnny......Again, strictly rumor.......but he supposedly returns as a film student of some kind, who does research or digs up/brings up gramma Marlena's Possession story........& ...well, we all know RE-RON, don't we?

If Ben and Ciara end up together, Claire doesn't have any purpose left, unless them come up with a new story for her right away. I guess she and Theo could console each other and run off to South Africa together.

Johnny coming back might be interesting.

I'd be glad to see Rex, if only to make somebody in Salem wonder where Sarah might be.

I wasn't watching during the Marlena Possession Story. From the very title and comments I've heard here, I wouldn't be likely to watch any repeat of it.

Am with you both on that. I was totally upset when it began around Halloween, then was to end around Christmas, but instead they ruined that holiday, then dragged it all the way to Easter. It was morbid, and very definitely "A HORROR film" stretched out to be a serial story on the show. Ugh.

I know that so many here and elsewhere hated the possession storyline, but I really enjoyed it - kind of tongue in cheek amusing to me. At the risk of saying something for the thousandth time, lol, I'll take anything that gives Deidre Hall (Marlena) story, and I'll enjoy every minute of it.

I enjoyed the Possession storyline. One of my favorites on Days. It was different and I couldn’t wait to come home and watch the recording after school. Some of it was done poorly/silly such as the scene where a demon disguised as Isabella shows up in Marlena’s bedroom to John and when the demon manifests it looked like a cheap Halloween costume. However there were many suspenseful scenes and Deidre Hall really was diabolical in that role- overall it was a fun and thrilling ride. With that said, I don’t want to see them do it again. They tried briefly about 10 years after the initial possession storyline when Marlena was in the hospital as a prisoner because she had admitted to being the killler of all of those Salemites. Those scenes were awful- she vomited and had some kind of lasers dart out of her eyes. It just did not work that time. And now that it has been some 26-27 years since the original possession- I have not trust in Ron creating a story that would be interesting or suspenseful.
As for Rex Brady- I prefer the original actor over Kyle Lowder- I don’t care for him much as an actor.
As for Claire- I like this actress but she is too close in age to the actress who plays her mother Belle. They need an actress 5-6 years younger than she is to take over the role. I don’t think I could watch the original actress again- She was really annoying.
I am glad Johnny is coming to Salem. Will be interesting to see the chemistry this actor will have with the actress that plays Allie, his twin. And how will he be with his parents EJ and Sami? Will he be angry and rebellious like Sami was at that age? Or more like Allie?

If Ron reruns one of James Reilly's worst stories, I am one step closer to SAYONARA here. Done done and more done. Come up with your own ideas. Stop rerunning ones that were no good, good, mediocre, sadistic, catatonic, etc. Find some dadburn originality or take a hike. If Ron won't then I will. Loyalty deserves respect and Ron in NO WAY respects this fan base. Nor does Mr. Corday. Ah yes, once again I repeat myself. Guess I am no better than Pete and Repeat duo of Corday and Carlivati.

Last edited:
I know you all dont like the Days Cafe lady but I have found her info to be good most of the time. So in her 2 weeks ahead spoiler page she has a detailed description of the Beyond Salem thing going on Peacock with Lisa Rinna as and ISA agent, Austin and Carrie, Tony and Anna, John and Marlena and its about some gems. So maybe that is the story Deidre Hall is excited about

Yes, the stolen gems are the thread that spans New Orleans, Miami, Ariz., etc.

I think the Marlena story that she thought fans might not like is not the Peacock show. That lasts only one week and has so many people on it that Marlena won't get more than a few lines, so I think it is something else. Besides, many people won't even watch that spin-off.

Back