The Walking Dead (may contain spoilers)

missharleyquinn

Reaction score
I know we had a thread, but I went back a couple pages and couldn't find it.

If anyone who watches this also watches General Hospital and has been keeping up with the airplane thing, Dr Obrecht is the flight attendant! I got really excited to see her, but the shorts are falling flat to me.

This season though... Intense already.

Don't watch, but have a cousin who is devoted fan of Walking Dead and is complaining that it is failing to be enjoyable. (She used much stronger language)

This season started off slow, I didn't care for the premiere but it's picked up with the second and third episodes. Last night's was crazy. It took me two weeks from the premiere to even want to watch the second episode, though. It was pretty awful.

AMC is supposed to be offering them On-Demand after they've aired, from what I keep hearing. Not sure when that'll happen.

The new issue of TV Guide has just a small piece, where they reproduced comments from their Facebook Poll on the season premier. A few said that was a lot of zombies, makeup people must have really had their hands full, and a couple others thought it was "one of the best episodes so far".

I don't watch the show at all, and do not intend to....so .....make of that what you will. (it is on Page 3)

It was a lot of zombies (several hundred). I just didn't think it was as action-packed as a 90-minute episode should be. The structure was neat. So far though, the first three episodes have all been in the same time frame (a slow, 20-mile trip, so several hours).

well.... this season has been crazy. I think Carol is bad to the bone- I'm not gonna cross her, hope Morgan can keep up. lol.

And as far as Glenn.... I think he's still alive.

Note: He did NOT appear in the "in memoriam" section of The Talking Dead.

Also- he does NOT die that way in the comics (the comics are MUCH MUCH worse...so I'm actually kind of sad for him that he survives this horrible scene we were left with from this past Sunday. that would have been a better way for him to die...trust me. if they follow through with his story, which they have thus far, he dies a much more gruesome and horrible way..)

and it will probably be 2 weeks before we see what happened (my belief is he rolled up under that dumpster)... but next week looks like it's all about Morgan.

fans are always upset when a character dies...but the reality is that the creator of The Walking Dead said that NO character is safe. they will all die before it's all said and done.

so it's best to not get attached.... that said, I DID get attached. I'm in love with the character of Daryl Dixon. My dog is even named after him lol.... when they kill Daryl off, I'll be a hot mess crying my eyes out...then I'll be ticked. haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
If they were going by the comics, though, Bob would be around too. I think they've intentionally omitted Negan for now, because it's such a huge part of the story and they want to keep the show and the comics separate, to a degree. Everyone expected Glenn to go at the hands of Negan. Right now, I don't think he's dead either, but I also don't think that he'll die the way he did in the comics. I also wonder if Maggie's pregnant, based on the conversation she and Glenn had about the mission.

You are using wishful thinking, there is no way Glenn isn't dead. The dead end alley was full of walkers and no way out. They said Glenn would still be around in flashbacks or some other form like Maggie's dreams. He was just too kind and forgiving and it ended up getting him killed.

He could have rolled up under the dumpster. It's a long shot, but it could have happened. Glenn is/was okay, but he wasn't one of my absolute favorites and, let's be honest, everyone expected he'd die and has just been waiting for Negan to come in and do it. It was a shocking scene, regardless of the outcome.

You are using wishful thinking, there is no way Glenn isn't dead. The dead end alley was full of walkers and no way out. They said Glenn would still be around in flashbacks or some other form like Maggie's dreams. He was just too kind and forgiving and it ended up getting him killed.
Nnot wishful thinking --- he gets out. he dies a different way, his and Maggie's stories are one of the few that has followed pretty closely with the comics. Glenn is killed by Negan later this season or early next season. I'm not sure yet how he gets away from that alley- but I'm willing to bet he rolls up under that dumpster.

When Beth died, they had her in "in memoriam" on Talking Dead and still had her in some of Noah's hallucinations a few episodes later. It is very telling that Glenn wasn't in "In memoriam". just wait and see. :) but he does die soon, sad to say.

It really wouldn't surprise me if they let Glenn go, to have Negan get rid of someone equally big. Glenn wasn't in the "in memoriam" but that's not the first time they've waited a week to put a big character in- I can't recall who it was, but it's happened before.

I have been reading a lot of articles online about Glenn's situation and I guess it could be dead or alive. The sad part is we don't find out until the Nov. 22 episode if he is dead or not. They could have taped the last couple episodes of this season with him dead and with him alive, waiting to see how the fans reacted to before deciding what to do.

I have Sunday's episode on my DVR, but the fact that it's been super quiet online leads me to believe I'm not missing much. However, I did read somewhere that they removed the actor who plays Glenn's name from the credits, so we'll see. They could totally have done that to mess with everyone, so I'm not reading much into it.

Back