Those &*%$# combo names

The ones that got me was Philip/Stephanie and Philip/Melanie because
the last of the female names were the same.
Philip/Stephanie was actually "Stilip".

I kind of like these nicknames for couples and friendships. I thought Victor/Maggie was "Mictor", I found out it was actually "Magic". That's cute.

Actually, it made me curious what the other "ships" were called.

Philip/Stephanie was actually "Stilip".

I kind of like these nicknames for couples and friendships. I thought Victor/Maggie was "Mictor", I found out it was actually "Magic". That's cute.

Actually, it made me curious what the other "ships" were called.

See that's the problem with combo names. There are many possibilities for one couple like "Mictor" or "Magic" for Victor/Maggie. Or "Philanie" could be Philip/Stephanie or Philip/Melanie. It's just too confusing. And when you have this ridiculous-sounding combo names like "Stilip", it's hard to take the pairing seriously or any discussions that use that combo name seriously.

Combination names make me think the couple were slammed together and share one brain much like the Borg in Star Trek. They are still two individual people with their own brains and feelings.

When I have the time, I go in and break up those War and Peace novel posts into bite-sized chunks

And we appreciate that! Sometimes I try to respond but I figure if a poster isn't respectful enough to make sure his/her message is clear, he/she doesn't deserve a thoughtful response!!!

To our admin and our Super Mods....
Salute to Awesomeness.jpg

I am a grammar and spelling snob so majority of the time I re-read most of my posts for errors....:) It will actually bug me if I see errors I have made in the posts and messages I've made!!!!! I am a Samsung girl too as I have a Samsung tablet and in fact this message has been brought to you by Samsung.... I have a laptop too and to be honest I'm so much faster on the laptop then I am on the tablet and I am 32....

I am a grammar and spelling snob so majority of the time I re-read most of my posts for errors....:) It will actually bug me if I see errors I have made in the posts and messages I've made!!!!! I am a Samsung girl too as I have a Samsung tablet and in fact this message has been brought to you by Samsung.... I have a laptop too and to be honest I'm so much faster on the laptop then I am on the tablet and I am 32....

Guess you didn't reread this post! LOL :wink:

Back