Tuesday, February 5th

:smile: Hi guys! I'm a newbie here but have loved Days since I was just a little girl, watching with my mom & grandmother.

Anyway. I remember when Isabella (Bo's half-sister via Victor) had pancreatic cancer, she also hurt in her back. That's what she started complaining about & at first, they thought it was just a pulled muscle. However, there is no cure for pancreatic cancer, so this can't be it unless they try to pull another miracle storyline. :rant:

Hopefully, this will just be a sepsis storyline where he becomes very ill & they just think he's gonna die, rather than a cancer thing.

I went septic from a kidney infection once, got very sick & was in the hospital for over a week. So for Bo, it could start with a gallbladder problem, liver problem, kidney problem or anything like that. This could actually be a realistic story. :clap:

For the first time in a LONG time, I actually want to watch Days, rather than just read about what happened. I hope they keep up the good work!!:smile:

They are always so vague in the info they give about illnessess that it is hard to know what is really wrong. Blocked bile duct, liver failure, Hep A or B (he works with some shady people ie drug users ect) gallstones. That is why he needs more testing. BTW did we ever learn what illness Jack had?

Bo's Health

The elevated levels could point to a possible liver disease, Hep. C. or cirrohois. You can also have elevated enzymes from an infection. However, DAYS will probably blow it out of proportion and say it is from some rare disorder. If it is a failing liver, Bo would be all dark and tan (which could explain the former bad lighting HEHE), but when did DAYS ever get real?? Also, I'm sure they could use a little bit of Claire's liver...or how about John...kidney, liver, it's all the same in Salem!!

It's kind of hard to have sepsis and not know you're sick. You typically have a fever, increased heart rate and rapid breathing/trouble catching your breath. I am only in 2nd year med school so I'm not an expert, but I damn sure know more than Lexie Carver EVER will. LOL

Oh, and there are cases where all your arms and legs are severly swollen. Very noticeable when that happens!

So I guess that Colleen has covered most of our questions...with the exception of who is CB Dimera. Right?
Still not sure why she thought Claire was in danger over Johnny, but oh well.
Think she would have kept better tabs on John Ryan though...especially as she got richer.

Thanks for the writeup! I am just loving the Colleen scenes this week! Will be sad when they are done.

If Bo needs a liver transplant then can they use that storyline to make Grandpa Shawn his dad instead of Victor? I know that would be creepy cause it would really make Belle & Shawn D related but I like Grandpa Shawn as Bo's father much more than I do Victor. Just a thought...

If Bo needs a liver transplant then can they use that storyline to make Grandpa Shawn his dad instead of Victor? I know that would be creepy cause it would really make Belle & Shawn D related but I like Grandpa Shawn as Bo's father much more than I do Victor. Just a thought...

That's probably not gonna happen...check out the Feb 11th to 15th spoilers if you want to know any more. :)

The plane goes down?!? Wow this is getting good ... So John is Colleen's son, Santo is his dad, and he is Stefano's half-brother. So while Stefano is frozen, John is the head of the DiMera estate? What will EJ say about that? Is that why EJ was sent to kill John, and why he was supposed to have been killed (after donating a kidney)? Because he was an illegitimate son of the relationship that destroyed Santo? And I love the point someone made that Colleen should be angry & the vendetta was/is stupid. So who can give Bo a liver? Livers regenerate so a full transplant may not be necessary, right? Will it be a choice between Kayla's baby and Bo's life? I also believe Lucas is wrong to shield Will and Will is wrong to let him do so. However, if Salem PD was worth their salt, they could easily disprove Lucas' claim. How come Lucas didn't see any of the other shooters? Why didn't any of them see Lucas? And most of all, wouldn't Will have stood a better chance of a short incarceration (if at all) instead of Lucas' plan to save his son and preserve his family till he got out?

Yup you can transplant just part of the liver and the liver will regenerate. It is the only organ that will do that. I hope Bo does not need a transplant. We just went through that with Claire.

I got hepatitis as a side effect from a blood pressure med I was taking. The chances of that happening was like one in a bazillion, but I was the one. I definitely had symptons (won't go into them here) but I had no idea what they were. I spent about a week in the hospital. Because it was "chemical hep", I got better when the meds were stopped. The docs said it wasn't Hep A or Hep B or Hep C. Seems like they used the terms Non-AB hep. ANYWAY, it was back in the late 80's and once I changed meds, I've had no more probs. However, if it had not been diagnosed, guess I wouldn't be here right now. Maybe they will use a storyline similar to that.

John's age and Bo's illness

Maybe Lexie should consult with "House" to determine John's age and diagnose Bo's illness. Have Pop Shawn and Stefano's age ever been discussed? Are they supposed to be about 65 or 70? Then if John is about 10 years younger than they are, he would be in his middle to late 50's. That's probably about Drake's age, isn't it? The scenes with Pop Shawn and Coleen today did bring tears to my eyes. They were wonderful. Too bad Shirley Jones isn't going to be on too long. I agree with the other posters - the substitute writers are doing a much better job moving things along then the regulars.

Bo's liver

Well, the Salem Spectator has its own doctors on board. Looks like the diagnosis is liver disease. Is Pop Shawn going to die? That could be a Victor and Caroline storyline. When they were on Melaswen they had fallen in love again, hadn't they? Just a thought.

John's age is no mystery. Belle distinctly said in front of all that Colleen was believed to have died at the cliff 50 years ago. She was pregnant with John then so it would make John 49 years old or near 50. No mystery at all.

No, Victor and Caroline did not "fall in love again" at Melaswen or the castle either. They showed that they have a close relationship but that is as much as Caroline wanted it to be. Victor, of course, is a perfect gentleman.

It's kind of hard to have sepsis and not know you're sick. You typically have a fever, increased heart rate and rapid breathing/trouble catching your breath. I am only in 2nd year med school so I'm not an expert, but I damn sure know more than Lexie Carver EVER will. LOL

:clap:
I didn't feel well for several days before I actually went septic with a kidney infection. We had just moved & my back began hurting, which I attributed to muscle strain. I didn't swell up or anything but I was just sitting around one evening, visiting with family, when all of the sudden, I started to feel really strange, almost like I was having a panic attack. I got up & left the room, thinking I just might need some air & I started having hard chills. Within an hour, I was home in bed with a 102 temp. I just thought it was the flu, so I took some Advil & went to bed. By the next afternoon, I had a 104 temp & was in the emergency room. They admitted me & like I said earlier, I was in the hospital for over a week. Hopefully, they will do something realistic like this with Bo, rather than have some "Soap Opera Land" disease that doesn't make sense.

I just had a thought that maybe Stefano had Rolf cook up some kind of "super illness" to cast a plague on the Brady's & Bo was the one that ended up being first. Hope did say her back was hurting too!:thinking:

Belle can clearly say over 50 years ago was when Colleen was supposed to have jumped off the cliff. I never heard that. However.....was she 40 years old then?

Pop Shawn was 10.......at the time. Roman is in his 50s (his tombstone said he was born in 1954). Pop Shawn & Caroline have celebrated a Golden Wedding anniversary in 1998.

Pop Shawn is in his 70s.....making John in his 60s. This story makes John way older than Roman. Gotta say he is very well preserved.

but Colleen stops him cold, when she blurts out that if he kills her, he would be killing his own mother!!!!!
Barb

Oh goody - Belle and Shawn are not only married with a child - but they are also cousins...!!

John's age is no mystery. Belle distinctly said in front of all that Colleen was believed to have died at the cliff 50 years ago. She was pregnant with John then so it would make John 49 years old or near 50. No mystery at all.

No, Victor and Caroline did not "fall in love again" at Melaswen or the castle either. They showed that they have a close relationship but that is as much as Caroline wanted it to be. Victor, of course, is a perfect gentleman.

Drake is about 55 years old - so it isn't too much of a stretch to believe that. I mean - this is Days - they use a different calendar - and have these time machines - so that anything is possible!

Oh goody - Belle and Shawn are not only married with a child - but they are also cousins...!!

Belle and Shawn are in no way related.....Bo is Kirikas. See the annoucement that is posted at the top of one of the pages...

Back