Twitter...whoa mama!

cryin4days

Reaction score
Anyone here have a twitter account? What do you think of the twitter-sphere?

I discovered twitter around March this year courtesy of my younger sister. It took me forever to understand what a "timeline" or "hashtag" or "follow" were. I go there daily now to get the live tweets for the show, or to see if any spoilers are floating around - just for general DAYS news. But, I've never created an account. I do a web search for "#days" and it brings up everything with that hashtag - from tweets about the show, to people talking about the dogs #days of summer.

After a few days of roaming around that hashtag, I quickly realized twitter was ok for getting the early dish on DAYS, and that's about it. People boldly attack others and make their personal business public knowledge.

What has your experience been like?

I don't use twitter much, mostly because it's virtually impossible for me to say anything in 140 characters or less. If you are trying to send someone specific a tweet, then some of those characters are used up by the twitter address! I intensely dislike “text speak,” because it’s difficult to understand. I joined twitter to follow Nickelback. Most of my tweets are to earn gems or treats on some of my app games. The tweet is already composed; I just have to hit send. Since the only person following me is my daughter’s ex-boyfriend, I barely care about what the auto-generated posts from the games say.

I'm on it pretty much every day. Well, not even pretty much, I'm there multiple times a day yappin about Days, All My Children, etc. If you need any help, there are some videos on YouTube that are good to help you get started, or re-started as the case may be and if you're interested. It's pretty interesting reading and I agree that at times, 140 characters can be a challenge, but you can always put Cont'd at the end of the first tweet & send up another or however many. Feel free to follow me if you join (@No1_ILoveLucyFan) and I'll follow you back & try to give you a hand. :) I know pretty much all the actors & actresses on Days have accounts & some use it more than others, same thing with AMC. Not sure about other soaps as I don't watch them. Good luck all!

I have an account. I rarely post on it. Mostly follow the Days cast members, which doesn't really ever tell anything. What I do, mostly, is tweet threads from here.
I honestly do not check it every day, maybe a couple times a week. Those with phones that text seem to be on it a lot. (I have to use my computer)
Alison Sweeney tweets a great deal, but rarely ever about Days. Some just say, good morning, have a nice day, or talk sports. LOL

I have an account and check everyday. I follow Galen Gering (Rafe) who by the way has over 50,000 followers, more than all the other memebers of Days except Ali Sweeney (Sami) (but she has so many ofther irons in the fire. I rarely tweet except to poke fun every now and then at EJ and Sami

edited to add characters' names...please remember that not everyone knows the real names of the actors who play the various characters....JS

I don't have twitter account.

I don't think social media or the internet was made to say
bad things about people.

I'm trying not to say bad things about "real people"
when I post. Not use names.

Why do people want to hurt others especially when
person probably doesn't know? Do people who tweet bad
things say bad things in person? Does person who tweet bad things
feel better about themselves?

I have a Twitter account, but it's driving me bananas because I have to reset my password every time.

When I watch the show, I love to tweet about it. It is the only thing that makes it watchable sometimes! (For those interested, my Twitter is @JasonXHowe.)

It is a little disheartening that the Twitter crowd seems very Pro-EJ/Sami, and are very verbally abusive to/re: some of the other posters, and actors (esp Galen Gering-Rafe).

Hmmm, I made a post about something JasonD said, and it is not here. But yes, I have noticed that fans of (what I called) a certain fan base, tend to denigrate and insult those who are not, even when those people make a rather inocuous post. i.e. "Sami must care about Rafe, right?"

I joined twitter a while back for something I thought I might want to see on the ASPCA feed. Lately I've been following DaysCafe (sorry Poirot, I'm a traitor, lol) simply because I have to watch the show a day after it airs and I like to get at least a brief heads up before I come here to post. I can get a very brief look at the show for the day before it would even have started here. I'm impatient that way, lol. I don't know how to do anything on twitter. I think I made one tweet and have no idea where it went!

I don't have twitter, mostly because I am not that interesting so I wouldn't have much to Tweet about LOL. I do like to look at some of the actor's pages to see pics and stuff.Their lives are more fun.:)

I have twitter and uses it to get tweets from various actors and musicians. I also follow people pretending to be the characters on Days. I get a lot of Sami and EJ sometimes I feel like deleting them. LOL I follow JJ, EJ, Sami, Will, Sonny, Stefano, Victor, Anne and various other characters.

Lucky you. The only person who ever answered me was Casey D. (Chad) although Ali mentioned by tweet in an interview once. LOLOL But I don't tweet hardly at all. As for receiving them, I would have to go to the site on my computer, and needless to say, I am here, most of the time, Unless doing research for something. (Geneaology.)

I follow Deidre Hall (Marlena), Drake Hogestyn (John), Kristian Alfonso (Hope), Peter Reckell (Bo), Ali Sweeney (Sami), James Reynolds (Abe), Lauren Koslow (Kate), Eileen Davidson (Kritter), Eric Martsolf (Brady), Greg Vaughan (Eric), Suzanne Rogers (MHaggie), Ari Zucker (Nicole), Days Cafe, Daytime Royalty, this site and some other fans of the show as well as some folks & fans of All My Children. I used to follow Galen Gering (Rafe), but I unfollowed him (and a bunch of others) a few weeks ago & when I tried to re-follow him, he has me blocked. LOL! Probably because I tweeted a link to that tweet he sent out a while back where he mentioned he wasn't getting a storyline. I don't badmouth actors/actresses beyond their characters & how they portray them (although I admit, I am not too proud of some tweets I sent up a long time ago...), but I don't go after them personally, etc. The EJ/Sami fanbase is out there, and I've pretty much let them know I'm not disrespecting them & their pair, and that I expect the same in kind...I just still don't get why other couples had to be destroyed for them...but whatever. I've gotten responses from Deidre Hall, Kristian Alfonso, Ali Sweeney, Lauren Koslow, Freddy Smith (back when I followed him), Christie Clark (Carrie) (same deal). It's fun to see what they're up to, but don't take that to mean I'm there 24/7 - there is life outside of Twitter.

edited to add character names...JS

I read that the actors dont do the twitting,someone dose it for them,
but Bryan Dattilo/Lucas and Drake Hogestyn/John and Diedre Hall/Marlena do there own twitting

edited to write out actor's name and to write out actress' name....please remember that not everyone knows the real names of the actors who play the various characters so just referring to them by their initials or nicknames is confusing to some people...JS

Well, Alison Sweeney (Sami), Galen Gering (Rafe), Shawn Christian (Daniel), Casey Diedrick (Chad) Kristian Alfonso (Hope) Nadia Bjorlin (Chloe), Lauren Koslow (Kate) all do their own "tweeting", there are others as well. There are also those who have accounts who just are not into it, so it is rare to see one from them.

I have a twitter account, but I rarely use it, mainly because I was warned against it. The guy who fixed my computer when it got severely infected with viruses, told me that you could be more susceptible to malware, spyware, etc. That's mainly why I don't use it.

Back