Under The Dome

LOL, I had read that he was fine with changing the ending, saying that the series could continue, just like a "what if".

i.e. like..... What if Dorothy was never able to go home, and had to stay in Oz?
What if Annie had never gone to the top of the Empire State bldg in Sleepless in Seattle? What if the little boy had never, bravely flow alone to New York?

Anyway, Steven King looks at the story that is unfolding, as a "what if".

Many movies have an alternate ending, they show a test audience the different endings and pick the main one from there, lol. It would need to be different for me, like Stephen King said, or I would know the end. I've watched a lot of movies where I'd already read the book, some were disappointing, some not.

I love the show and of course, have my fav's and not so fav's. I thought I heard they were going to work on having something "similar" when this summer replacement runs out. Keep us in the loop, folks.

Wow, did not expect so many murders. Big Jim is out of control, and has now blamed all his own murders on Barbie. I was wondering why Mare Winningham was in the credits at the beginning, since Big Jim had let her drown......and then last night her body washed up, and her daughter found her. I think there is only one or two episodes left, but boy, is there going to be anything or anyone left in that town?

Oh poo I missed it last night. Have to see if I can find it on the internet

I really love this show. There have been a few story line changes, twists and turns, consolidation of characters, and change of character backgrounds from the book. Every time I get complacent about how the show will go, they throw a curve ball at me. LOL

I have a great idea for the cliffhanger in 2 weeks. They show someone that was trapped inside the dome on the other side of it or someone that died inside alive on the outside like Peter Shumay. Fade to black until summer 2014!

I had never heard of this show until this thread got started. Now I'm hooked!! Watched all the episodes on Amazon Prime.
I kept looking at the actress who plays Julia Shumway and trying to figure out who she reminded me of. Finally it hit me. I think she looks like the red-haired, race-car-driving Stephanie Johnson. :)

I just watched the 9-9 episode and I can see this going the way of The Stand, good versus evil, instead of the original ending of the book this show is based on.

Never read the book, probably a good thing, lol. I honestly am not a fan of Steven King, so really stay away from anything he writes. I just hope Big Jim gets found out to be the horrible person he really is. Am glad Julia finally woke up. Junior is having to realize the truth about his dad, but is so reluctant to do so.

Well, darn. I just read that season 1 ends with a huge cliffhanger. I was hoping the dome would come down. Probably not. [I had thought that this was initially to be a mini-series, so I assumed there would be an "ending" at the last episode.] So, we have to wait a year?????????

Steven King said in an interview, that the ending was changed. And the reason was because they decided to do a Season 2 since it proved so popular. He was o.k. with that because he felt it would be like.....WHAT IF this and this did not happen or did happen, etc. etc. And yes, it originally was supposed to be just a short miniseries, summer time, etc. But, so was Downtown Abbey.
When they have a hit on their hands....take advantage. :)

The last two episodes really had me on the edge of my seat, mentally pleading with Barbie to stand up to Big Jim, to say those two words I knew were coming, and when he said "Not guilty" I screamed...well, I can't type it here, but it was along the lines of "Heck yeah!" Last night's had me screaming, "Don't pull the lever! Kill your father!" to Junior and total white-out and we won't know for months! ARGH! I didn't think I'd get so into it as I have.

My cliffhanger above would have been much better. Barbie can not die, he is the main character! It was not a very good finale, how did they build that gallows so fast? Won't be holding my breath waiting for next season like with Lost!

Back