Unraveled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will1682

Reaction score
Six months later from what we are seeing on television currently.

(Kiriakis Mansion)

Victor sits at his desk in the study staring sternly at the document in his hand. He looks up at Justin who is sitting across from him.

Victor: This is ludicrous!

Justin shakes his head.

Justin: Im sorry Uncle Vic, but its completely legitmate. You know I wouldnt have brought this to you if it wasnt.
Victor: When did you find out about this?
Justin: Just before I came here, my source faxed it to me.

Victor takes a deep breath and crumples the paper in his hand.

Victor: Brady is alot of things, but he would never stoop to this level. He wouldnt make the same mistakes I did.
Justin: Are you sure about that? Because the Brady I have been around the past year has become quite erratic, beginning with betraying you by taking over Titan.

Victor drops the crumpled document onto the desk and stands up.

Victor: Who was the source?
Justin: Im not at liberty to say.
Victor: Dammit Justin! You expect me to believe this, yet you wont reveal the source?!

Justin stands up.

Justin: Look, just trust me on this. My source is legitimate, the Kiriakis name goes a long way.

Victor sighs and looks away.

Justin: And like I said before, I wouldnt have brought this to your attention if it wasnt legitimate.

Victor looks back at him.

Justin: You need to get ready for this Uncle Vic. You need to find a way to get Titan back before its too late.

(Dimera Mansion)

Stefano stands at the end of the upstairs hallway. He stares blankly at the back of the estate through the window, watching as the trees and bushes dance in the breeze. He covers his mouth with a hand and closes his eyes.

<One Month Earlier>

Stefano and EJ walk into the den laughing.

Stefano: All the latest polls are in our favor! Finally the Dimera's will prevail in this town!
EJ: Yes, but not only will we prevail, we will prosper!

Stefano smiles and embraces him.

Stefano: I am so proud of you my son!
EJ: Thank you father.

The hug.

Stefano: This calls for a toast!

He hurries over and pours two brandies. He hands one to EJ, they both raise their glasses.

Stefano: To the next mayor of Salem, my son Elvis Dimera!
EJ: And to the future of the Dimera family!

Stefano laughs and shakes his head.

Stefano: Salute!

EJ suddenly drops his glass, it shatters all over the floor. He grabs his head and starts to stagger. Stefano drops his glass and grabs him.

Stefano: Elvis! What it is?

EJ's eyes roll into the back of his head and he falls backwards.

Stefano: ELVIS!

Stefano falls to his knees and cradles EJ's head.

Stefano: HELP! SOMEBODY HELP!

<Present Day>

Stefano opens his eyes and looks back out at the estate. Two hands suddenly touch his shoulders, he turns around.

Stefano: Oh, Katherine.
Kate: How are you my love?

Stefano smiles weakly, they kiss.

Kate: What did Dr. Whitmore say?
Stefano: He is still in with Elvis, I've been standing out here.
Kate: Let's go downstairs so you can sit.
Stefano: I am fine. I just want to know my sons prognosis!
Kate: Try to stay calm.
Stefano: Impossible!

He turns and looks back out the window. Kate sighs and puts her hands back on his shoulders. The door opens, Dr. Whitmore walks out.

Stefano; Doctor, how was the checkup?
Whitmore: Why dont we go somewhere where we can sit?
Stefano: Dammit no! How is my son?!

Whitmore looks at Kate.

Kate: Please, just tell us.
Whitmore: I'm sorry, but there is no change in Elvis' condition. There is no indication that he will come out of the coma.

Stefano clenches his fist and grits his teeth. He takes a deep breath and composes himself.

Stefano: I dont understand, the nurses have been following your medical regimen everyday. They have been administering the medications!
Whitmore: Yes they have, but as I explained when you signed the waiver forms, this is an experimental treatment for AVM victims.
Stefano: Meaning?!
Whitmore: There were never any garuantees.

Stefano turns back to the window.

Whitmore: Im sorry Mr. Dimera, but as I said during our intiail consultation, due to all the cranial trauma your son has suffered in the recent past his head became a very fragile risk. It is my opinion that the AVM formed during the healing of the gunshot wound, which caused the blood vessels to become abnormally shaped.
Kate: Why are you telling us all of this again?!
Whitmore: Because apparently I was not clear the first time.

Stefano is still facing the window.

Whitmore: If you wish we can continue the experimental regimen and I can check back in a month.

Stefano knocks a vase off the stand in the corner, it shatters against the wall. He turns around and looks at Whitmore.

Stefano: You are supposed to be the best in your field! Now heal my son!
Whitmore: I am a physcian Mr. Dimera, not a miracle worker.
Stefano: THEN GET OUT! YOU ARE FIRED!
Kate: Stefano!

She puts her hands on his shoulders again. Whitmore turns and leaves. Stefano begins to breath heavy.

Kate: Come on, lets go to the bedroom.

They walk off down the hall.

(Kiriakis Mansion)

Victor walks Justin to the door.

Justin: So where is Brady tonight?
Victor: Your guess is as good as mine. But you can count on one thing, I will be here to greet him when he returns.

Justin pats him on the shoulder.

Justin: Im very sorry Uncle Vic.
Victor: Yeah, so am I.

Justin opens the door to find Maggie on the door step.

Justin: Maggie!
Maggie: Justin, I didnt know you were here!
Victor: He was just leaving.

Maggie notices the somber look on Victors face. She looks at both of them.

Maggie: Is everything alright?
Victor: Of course, Justin just stopped by.
Justin: Have a goodnight.

Justin leaves out the door, Maggie looks back at Victor.

Victor: So how was business tonight?

Maggie takes off her jacket still eyeing him.

Maggie: Chez Rouge was busy as always.

They walk into the den, Victor pours them both a glass of water. He then notices Maggie still staring at him.

Victor: What? What is it?
Maggie: Oh that somber look on your face, Im supposed to believe that Justin just stopped by, the fact that your hiding something from me.

Victor sighs.

Victor: Sit down, we have to talk.

He explains everything to her.

Maggie: So you could lose everything?
Victor: Not just me, the entire family!
Maggie: Oh god!
Victor: Im sorry Maggie. This is a far cry from our vows three months ago. Happily ever after?

He lets out a laugh. Maggie takes his hand, he looks at her.

Maggie: I will be by your side, no matter what!

He smiles, they kiss.

(Dimera Mansion)

Kate walks the day term nurse Gloria to the door.

Gloria: Have a goodnight Mrs. Dimera.
Kate: You to.

Gloria leaves, Kate shuts the door and locks it. She goes back upstairs to the bedroom, Stefano is gone.

Kate: Stefano?

She walks back into the hallway and opens the door to EJ's room. The night term nurse Wanda is sitting in a chair in the corner, EJ lays in the bed, a bandage around his head.

Kate: Did Mr. Dimera come in here?
Wanda: No maam, I havent seen him.

She shuts the door and starts back towards the bedroom. She stops when she notices the door to the upstairs study cracked open.

Kate: He never goes in there.

She pushes the door open. Stefano stands in front of the fireplace, his back is to her.

Kate: What are you doing in here my love?

He turns around and looks at her, she notices the tears in his eyes. She walks over and hugs him.

Kate: Its going to be alright.

He pulls out of the hug and looks back at the fireplace. Framed pictures of Tony, Benjy, Megan and Renee sit on the mantle.

Stefano: Elvis is laying in a coma down the hall. Lexie and Chad have both disowned me.

He points at the pictures.

Stefano: And all of them..........I COULDNT PROTECT THEM!

He falls to his knees sobbing. Kate rushes over and hugs him again, he continues to cry.

(Kiriakis Mansion)

Brady staggers into the den and almost trips over the couch. He laughs and shakes his head.

Brady: Its a good thing I took the limo tonight.

He staggers over to the table and pours a shot of vodka. The door to the den suddenly slams shut, he looks over to see Victor. He raises the shot glass.

Brady:Grandad! Cheers!
Victor: Put the drink down Brady, your drunk enough!

Brady looks at him confused, Victor walks up to him.

Brady: Um, no?

He starts to take the shot but Victor slaps the glass out of his hand, it shatters all over the floor. Brady looks at the broken glass, he lets out a laugh.

Brady: Ok, your obviously in one of your moods, so Im just going to turn in.
Victor: I dont think so! Theres a matter we have to discuss!
Brady: Well, it will have to wait until the morning Im afraid.

He starts to stagger towards the door.

Victor: Jairo Felipe!

Brady stops in his tracks, he turns around, a serious look now on his face. Victor shakes his head.

Victor: I thought that name would get your attention!

Wow! A lot to absorb! You've got me from the start! I do hope this is going to be a daily treat for us.

Oh, wow, good beginning.....intriguing...........

(Kiriakis Mansion)

Brady stares at Victor.

Brady: What do you know about Jairo?
Victor: So its true. You involved a Colombian drug lord with Titan profits!

Brady looks down at the floor.

Victor: Answer me dammit!

He looks back up and nods.

Brady: Yes.

Victor shakes his head and turns away. He grabs the table and overturns it, all the liquor vases shattering onto the floor.

Brady: Grandad! What the hell?!

Victor looks at him furiously.

Victor: Do you have any idea of what you have done?!
Brady: Relax! My deal with Jairo is completely proofed!
Victor: Really? Why dont you tell that to the ISA agents that have him in custody!
Brady: What?! What are you talking about?!
Victor: His compound was raided yesterday, and he has already incriminated Titan.
Brady: No, thats impossible!

He walks to the other side of the room and stares at the wall. He looks back at Victor.

Brady: If this is true, then why havent I been arrested yet?
Victor: It hasnt been made public yet, the ISA is still building their case.
Brady: Then how did you find out?
Victor: How I found out is irrelevant! But trust me when I say it is only a matter of time!

Brady sighs and runs his hand through his hair.

Victor: How could you have been so stupid Brady?! We are going to lose everything now!

Brady lets out a laugh and raises his hands.

Brady: Whoa there Grandad! Please tell me your not throwing stones in a glass house here!

Victor shakes his head.

Victor: Yes, I will be the first to admit it Brady! Im a former drug lord myself!
Brady: Thank you!
Victor: But the difference is I always kept it seperate from Titan! I was always wise enough to never combine the two!

Brady claps his hands loudly.

Brady: Bravo Grandad! I present you with the wisest man of the year award!
Victor: Stop acting like a damn fool!
Brady: Oh Im a damn fool?! What about you?!
Victor: What the hell are you talking about?!

Brady laughs again. His face turns to a scowl and he points at Victor.

Brady: If it wasnt for you we wouldnt be in this situation in the first place!
Victor: If it wasnt for me?!
Brady: Who was it that was conned by Vivian Alamain for the, oh I dont know, how many times has it been Grandad?
Victor: How dare you?! Vivian is a manipulative *****! She will go to any extreme to get what she wants!
Brady: Oh I know that! Believe me I know that! But the difference between us is that I figured her out!

Victor stares coldy at him.

Brady: What?! Is the truth to hard too handle Grandad?!
Victor: You go to hell!

Victor turns away.

Brady: If it wasnt for me Maggie would be laying dead in a sarcophagus right now, while the remains of my mother would be in a pet cemetery!

Victor continues to look away.

Brady: I just dont understand it Grandad! How is a flake like Vivan Alamain your achillies heel?! She even found a way to give birth to your son!

Victor spins around and smacks him across the face.

Victor: DONT YOU EVER SPEAK TO ME THAT WAY!

Brady rubs his cheek and smiles.

Brady: Again, the truth must be too hard to handle!

Victor glares at him.

Brady: No matter how you react, I did what I had to do to save Titan and this family, beginning by taking the company from you!
Victor: Yes, the ultimate family betrayal!
Brady: All of the major stock holders pulled out when they discovered you lost the company to Vivian! The damage was so severe, not even I could lure them back! So instead of watching Titan go down in flames, I made the deal with Jairo to smuggle cocaine to get our revenue back.
Victor: Yes, under the guise of several false business investors! Such a brilliant solution! Look at where the company is today!

Brady laughs again.

Brady: As always, you can never give me credit for making a good business deal!
Victor: A good business deal?! Titan has been incriminated! We are all likely to be indicted!

Brady sighs and closes his eyes.

Brady: Look, we could go back and forth all night long. Just tell me what it is you want!
Victor: You know damn well what I want! I want my company back, now!

Brady shakes his head.

Brady: That isnt going to happen!
Victor: For god sake Brady! Give me a chance to save my company, to save this family!
Brady: I will figure this out Grandad! We arent going to lose anything!
Victor: Have you looked in the mirror lately?! Youve become a damn drunken fool! Your driving my whole legacy into the ground!

Brady stares at him.

Brady: Well, thanks for the vote of confidence!

He pulls the door open and walks out of the den. Victor sighs and closes his eyes.

(Dimera Mansion)

Kate and the nurse Wanda stand out in the hall.

Kate: Thank you again for your help. He is really emotional tonight.
Wanda: His last blood pressure reading was normal, but he has got to stay calm.
Kate: I dont know if him seeing EJ right now is a good idea. But then again, who's to stop him?

Wanda shakes her head. Inside the bedroom, Stefano sits in a chair and stares at EJ, tears rolling down his cheeks.

Stefano: Oh Elvis, please come back to us.

He stands up and walks to the foot of the bed.

Stefano: We had such grand plans. You were going to be the next mayor, the Dimera's would have been the first family of Salem.

He takes a deep breath and closes his eyes.

Stefano: How could everything change so suddenly? I will never understand it.

He sits down on the foot of the bed.

Stefano: Your lying here comatose. Your brother and sister want nothing to do with me. All your other siblings are gone. Even my adoptive children are out of the picture. I have not seen my grandchildren in months.

He whipes the tears out of his eyes. He takes EJ's hand and holds it.

Stefano: But I always had you. You were finally the one! The one that was going to be my true successor! The one I entrusted this families legacy to! I need you to come back to me Elvis! This empire is unraveling without you!

He squeezes his hand tighter.

Stefano: Without you, my only loyal child, I truly am a broken down old fool!

He begins to sob again. He composes himself and whipes the tears away again. He stands up and kisses him on the forehead.

Stefano: I will find a way to bring you back, I promise! But until then, rest my dear son.

(Kiriakis Mansion)

Victor sits in a chair staring blankly across the room. Maggie walks in and gasps.

Maggie: What happened in here?! Who knocked over the table?!
Victor: Let's just say things got a little heated.
Maggie: Are you alright?!
Victor: I am fine. Brady went upstairs.
Maggie: Is he going to sign Titan back over to you?

Victor shakes his head, Maggie sighs.

Victor: But I have to think of something and quick. This empire is simply unraveling!

(Chez Rouge)

Victor sits at a table looking over a proposal. He checks his watch.

Victor: In his true fashion, Pierce is late as always.

He was referring to Pierce Paulis, the owner of Paulis Financial in New York. Henderson walks up and sits a silver tea set on the table.

Victor: I appreciate you coming here this morning Henderson.
Henderson: My pleasure sir.
Victor: I know I can count on you to keep this meeting confidential.
Henderson: Absolutely. I will seat Mr. Paulis when he arrives.
Victor: Thank you.

He pours a cup of tea. He starts to take a sip when his phone rings. He smiles when he sees its Maggie.

Victor: Hello my dear.
Maggie: Did I interrupt?
Victor: Of course not, Pierce is late as always.
Maggie: I just wanted to make sure everything is ok.
Victor: Everything is fine, thank you again for letting me use the resturaunt. I just hope the outcome is a good one.
Maggie: I have no doubt that you will be brilliant, as always.
Victor: I hope you are right. I have known Pierce since college, he is truly my only hope.

He then notices Henderson and Pierce approaching the table.

Victor: But he is here, I love you dear.

He sits the phone down and stands up.

Victor: Youre only thirty minutes late, Im impressed!
Pierce: Yes, I am getting better with age.

They both laugh and shake hands.

Victor: I appreciate you meeting with me on a wimb like this.
Pierce: Victor, you were my first major investor all those years ago. It is the least I can do for you.
Victor: Thank you. But to to ensure that we are on the same page here, you will agree to keep this meeting-
Peirce: Strictly confidential? Of course.

Victor smiles. They both sit down.

Victor: Have some tea please.
Pierce: Thank you.

He pours a cup and looks at Victor.

Pierce: So my friend, what can I do for you?
Victor: Well, as I told you last night on the phone, Titan has endured a financial crisis.
Pierce: Yes, so I assume you are seeking a business loan?
Victor: Just until the company gets back on solid ground.

He picks up the proposal and extends it to Pierce.

Pierce: Victor, I do not need to see a proposal. Of course I will grant you the loan.

Victor sighs.

Pierce: If it were anyone else a proposal would be necesary, but never when it comes to you.
Victor: Except for this time.

A confused look comes over Pierce's face.

Victor: Titan has undergone some changes since the last time we did business.
Pierce: I see. And these changes would be?
Victor: First and foremost, I am no longer the CEO.
Pierce: What? Did you merge with another company?
Victor: Believe me, I wish that was the case.

He explains everything to him.

Pierce: So, your grandson is now the CEO?
Victor: Yes, unfortunately.
Pierce: I must admit I never expected to hear all of this Victor. I had better take a look at your proposal after all.

He puts on his glasses and looks at the form. He looks back up at Victor with a concerned face.

Pierce: Victor, are you sure this is accurate?

Victor nods.

Pierce: So this loan you are seeking, it is going to make up for over half of Titan's revenue worth?
Victor: Yes, that is correct.

Pierce takes off his glasses.

Pierce: Victor, please dont take this the wrong way, but there has got to be something more going on here.
Victor: As always Pierce, you miss nothing.

(Kiriakis Mansion)

Brady walks into the den, he is on the phone with a contact.

Brady: What do you mean you have nothing for me?!...........Then keep making inquiries!.......Let me know the second you find out anything!

He hangs up and puts the phone in his pocket. He takes out a packet of aspirin and pours a glass of water. He puts the tablets in his mouth and washes them down. Maggie walks into the den.

Maggie: Hungover this morning are we?

Brady sighs and looks at her.

Brady: Good morning to you to Maggie.
Maggie: I wish I could say it was a good morning.

He looks away from her.

Brady: So I assume Grandad has told you everything?

He looks back at her, she shakes her head.

Maggie: What in gods name were you thinking Brady? Surely there was another way.
Brady: Oh, so now that youre married to the almighty Victor Kiriakis, you are suddenly a corporate genius?
Maggie: Your wise cracks do not impress me.
Brady: Apparently not.
Maggie: What has happened to you Brady? Where did the young man go that everybody was so fond of? The one that had a bright future and could do anything he wanted to.

Brady points around the room in a circle.

Brady: Take a good look around Maggie. This is the Kiriakis estate.
Maggie: I know exactly where I am.
Brady: Good! Then dont ask me where Brady Black 2003 has gone.
Maggie: I dont believe I follow.
Brady: Then let me put it this way, when you work for someone like Grandad, you tend to develop abnormal habits.
Maggie: Putting this off on Victor is very cowardly of you.
Brady: Maybe, but thats what Im doing.

He pulls out his phone to check for messages.

Maggie: And it isnt just this Brady, your behavior has been questionable for a long time now.

He looks at her.

Maggie: You never once supported your father during his trial, not even after he was proven innocent.
Brady: Well thank god for Carrie right? She exposed the accountant to be a fraud, the same one he entrusted for many years with Basic Black's funds. I guess bad business decisions runs on both sides of my family.
Maggie: That isnt fair, it can happen to anyone. John has done so much for this community over the years, he deserved your support.
Brady: You know what Maggie, dont sit here and preach to me about my father! Because if I think really hard, I seem to recall a time when we were both arrested because of you!
Maggie: What on earth are you talking about?!
Brady: Chez Rouge, that first Halloween night years ago after I came back to Salem. You had Roman Brady come after me because I came inside, which lead to my father getting into a brawl with the Salem police force!
Maggie: That was a very long time ago!
Brady: But it happened!
Maggie: Alright Brady! Yes, I and a few others likely overreacted to your rebellious stage! But it doesnt change the fact that you were acting like a jerk back then, just like you are right now! It's no wonder that Madison broke things off with you and left town last month!
Brady: What happened between Madisonand I is nobodies damn business! Besides, look at who you are married to these days!
Maggie: And what is that supposed to mean?
Brady: You know what it means! For so many years you were the angelic Maggie Horton, a member of the most respected family in Salem! I can only imagine what the community is thinking now since you married Victor Kiriakis!
Maggie: First off, I love your grandfather very much! And second, I could care less of what other people think! I am still very much a Horton, and its a trait that your grandfather respects!
Brady: And what about Mickey?!

Maggie stares at him coldy.

Maggie: Dont you dare Brady!
Brady: What would he think of you marrying Grandad?!
Maggie: Mickey would want me to be happy!
Brady: Of course he would, but I hardly think he would have approved of Grandad. The poor man must be rolling in his grave!

Maggie gasps and smacks him across the face. Brady smiles and shakes his head.

Brady: First Grandad last night, now you this morning. Its getting old.
Maggie: Sling all the mud you want Brady! But when it comes to looking for someone to blame for your life, all you have to do is look into a mirror! I will stand by Victor regardless!

She walks out of the den and stops at the bottom of the stairs. She whipes the tears out of her eyes. She takes a deep breath and goes upstairs. In the den Brady is staring at the wall. He sighs and glances over at the table.

Brady: What the hell.

He walks over and pours a brandy.

(Chez Rouge)

Victor has explained the rest to Pierce.

Pierce: This is shocking Victor. I truly do not know what to say. Based on what you have told me, indictments are possible, even convictions. Im not sure it would be wise to involve my company at this point.
Victor: I understand your position Pierce, I truly do. But you are my only hope.

Pierce sighs and looks at the proposal again.

Pierce: Let me ask you this. Even if I do grant the loan for the majority of revenue, what will happen if your remaining minority investors pull out after the news of the Colombian is made public?
Victor: I am confident that the minority shares can be made up, especially since I had nothing to do with Jairo Felipe.
Pierce: Dont misunderstand me Victor, I will never doubt your ability as a business man. I just fear that your grandson has took Titan to a point of no return.
Victor: That is a fair point of view, I wont deny it. But I can garauntee that I will not let my legacy die without a fight. But without your help Pierce, I dont stand a chance.

Pierce shakes his head and sits the proposal document back on the table.

Pierce: I am sorry Victor, but with your grandson as CEO, its a risk I cannot take.

Victor looks down at the floor.

Pierce: However, if you can find a way to regain full control of Titan, I will grant the loan.

Victor looks back up at him.

Pierce: Again I am sorry, but I can only trust you.
Victor: How long does this offer stand?
Pierce: Its open-ended.
Victor: Thank you Pierce!

They both stand up and shake hands.

Pierce: Good luck Victor. I hope you will be in touch soon.
Victor: Me too.

Henderson walks Pierce out. Victor opens his briefcase and puts the documents back inside. He stares across the room in thought.

Victor: Its time for the gloves to come off!

He picks up his phone and dials a number.

Victor: Hello?......Yes, its me. I need you back in Salem right away.

OH, wow! My goodness. Very intriguing. Definitely you are onto something here. !!!

(Dimera Mansion)

Stefano walks into the den and sits a briefcase on the table. He sits down but pauses when he looks at the empty chair across from him. He sighs.

Stefano: You are supposed to be sitting here with me Elvis, not laying upstairs in a coma.

Harold walks into the den.

Harold: Sir, Mr. Sullivan has arrived.
Stefano: Ah, excellent! Send him in.

Harold walks back out, Grant Sullivan walks in. Stefano smiles and stands up.

Grant: Uncle Stefano!
Stefano: Grant! How are you?

They hug.

Grant: It is so good to see you!
Stefano: It has been what? Almost ten years?
Grant: To put simple, far too long!
Stefano: Please, have a seat.

They both sit down, Grant looks at him.

Grant: So, has there been any change with EJ since we spoke?

Stefano shakes his head.

Stefano: Unfortunately no. His latest checkup was last night, it was completely devastating.
Grant: I am very sorry. If you dont mind, I would like to see him before I leave.

Stefano smiles.

Stefano: Of course Grant. I know in my heart that Elvis can hear us, that he knows everything that is going on around him. I couldnt think of anything more uplifting than a visit from his best friend.
Grant: I really hate that we lost touch. But after my father passed away, I had to dedicate all of my time to the firm.
Stefano: And I know he would be very proud of you. Sullivan and Associates is as strong as ever.
Grant: Thank you Uncle Stefano, that means alot coming from you.
Stefano: We may not be blood Grant, but I think of you as much as my own children.
Grant: Well I would hope. Lord knows you bailed EJ and I out of so much trouble during private school and college. If it wasnt for you I would not had been accepted to law school. But you worked your magic as always.
Stefano: You both turned out to be fine lawyers. Now if I could only get you to work for Dimera Enterprises!

They both laugh.

Grant: Well, if the firm ever goes under, you will be the first person I contact. But in the meantime, it will be my pleasure to advise you today.
Stefano: Thank you Grant, it means the world to me that you are here.
Grant: Anything for you Uncle Stefano.

Grant starts to open his bag but Stefano stops him.

Stefano: Business can wait. I would like you to see Elvis now.

Grant smiles, they walk out of the den.

(Brady Pub)

Chad walks into the pub and looks around for Abigail.

Chad: She must not be here yet.

The door opens again, Lexie walks in.

Lexie: Chad!
Chad: Lex!

They hug.

Chad: Its great to see you!
Lexie: You too! How have things been?
Chad: About to finish the semester, still working part-time.
Lexie: Well, I am very proud of my tall, handsome little brother!
Chad: Well thank you! How is the family?
Lexie: Abe and Theo are well. You and Abigail should come over for dinner soon.
Chad: Its a date.

Lexie looks around the pub.

Chad: Are you meeting someone?
Lexie: I got a text from Abe to meet him here for lunch, but I dont see him yet.

Chad sighs, Lexie notices.

Lexie: Is something wrong?
Chad: I got a text as well, supposedly from Abigail to meet her here.

Lexie shakes her head in disgust.

Lexie: Ugh! I dont believe this!
Chad: Are you thinking what I am?
Lexie: Father! Up to his tricks again!
Chad: Indeed.

"You are both wrong" a voice says behind them. They turn around to see Kate.

Chad: Kate!
Lexie: You sent us the texts?!
Kate: Yes. Stefano doesnt know anything about this, he is in a business meeting back at the mansion.
Lexie: Well dont worry, Im going to pretend like this never happened!
Chad: Me to.

They both start towards the door.

Kate: EJ's checkup was last night.

They stop and look back at her.

Kate: There was no change. Your father was emotionally devastated.

Lexie and Chad look at each other.

Kate: Look, Im sorry for sending those texts, but please hear me out.

They look at each other again.

Lexie: Alright Kate, but make it fast.

They all sit down at a table, a server brings them a pitcher of ice tea.

Chad: So Kate, lets cut to the chase here. Why did you want to see us?
Kate: I think you both know the answer to that. I want you to give Stefano another chance.

Lexie laughs and shakes her head.

Lexie: I dont believe this! Are we really going to go through this again?
Kate: He needs his family Lexie! If you could have only seen him last night!
Lexie: How convenient! He only needs us during the low points!
Kate: That isnt true!
Chad: Come on Kate, of course it is! Do you really think he would be giving us a single thought if EJ wasnt in a coma?

Kate sighs.

Chad: Of course not! He would be focused on the campaign, he wouldnt need us!
Kate: You both are talking as if Stefano was the one who turned his back. We all know that isnt the truth!
Lexie: But isnt it Kate? I know it may not have been their intention, but he and EJ turned their backs on me when they challenged my husband for mayor! Not to mention the dirty campaign tactics to try and smear Abe's reputation!
Kate: They did what they thought was best for the family.
Lexie: Of course, that is always fathers motto. But how was it best for the family when he hurt one of his own?!

Kate looks at Chad, he shrugs.

Chad: What Lexie said is the truth Kate. We all know the bottom line is always what father wants, no matter how he tries to justify it.
Kate: How can you both be so heartless? EJ is laying in a coma! Stefano is an emotional wreck!
Chad: Well, if we are being so heartless, then perhaps its a trait we inherited from father.

Kate looks at Lexie.

Lexie: You are not going to make us feel guilty over this! Father has made his bed, he can lay in it!
Kate: You both are so ungrateful! You father would do anything for you!
Chad: Of course! Like getting me shot?
Kate: That is so unfair Chad! Stefano was in shambles over that and you know it!

He stands up.

Chad: I would love to go back and forth with you all day Kate, but fortunately your time is up.

He leans down and hugs Lexie.

Chad: Lets do that dinner soon!
Lexie: Yes, I will call you.

He walks out, Lexie looks back at Kate.

Lexie: You know what really added insult to injury Kate? That father wouldnt allow me to examine EJ after the stroke. He brings in a physician from New York instead.
Kate: Not just a physician, an AVM specialist.
Lexie: I may not be a specialist, but I am more than qualified!
Kate: Then how is it that you missed the AVM in the first place?

Lexie stares at her coldy.

Lexie: You go to hell!
Kate: Ouch.

Lexie gets up and walks out. Kate pours a glass of tea and takes a sip.

Kate: Stefano may love his children, but Im starting to believe he is better off without those two.

(Dimera Mansion)

Stefano and Grant walk back into the den.

Grant: Wow Uncle Stefano, it was very hard to see EJ like that.

Stefano shakes his head.

Stefano: Its what I go through everyday now. But, there is no doubt in my mind that he knows you are here.
Grant: I hope you didnt mind me leaving that picture of us at the race track on the stand. I know you never approved of EJ's love for racing.
Stefano: Yes, it was a little outside of the box for Dimera standards. But I am glad he followed his dream, but alas he came to his senses.
Grant: He was meant to be a lawyer for sure.

Stefano smiles and pats him on the back.

Grant: Well, I will look over these documents.
Stefano: Ah yes. I will pour us a drink.

An hour later Stefano is staring at the chess board. He takes a knight out with the queen. Grant organizes the documents, he takes off his glasses and sighs.

Grant: Well, the news is not terrible but not great either.
Stefano: Please, just give it to me straight.
Grant: Dimera Enterprises has slipped somewhat in every cagetory for the last two months, the most being this last.

Stefano sighs.

Grant: According to EJ's proposal, the biggest impact was not obtaining the Drexel account.
Stefano: Yes, the meeting was scheduled for the week after his stroke. I was in no shape go forth with it.
Grant: Very understandable. I could arrange a meeting with the CEO on your behalf, see if anything can be salvaged?

Stefano shakes his head.

Stefano: You have much to attend to already. Besides, with the deal Drexel went with, it would be very difficult to pry them away at this point. So, what are your projections?
Grant: Well, despite the recent losses, Dimera Enterprises is still on very solid ground at this point. However, if this trend continues on a monthly basis, you could be facing major financial losses within a year.
Stefano: And what would you advise?
Grant: I know it would be difficult, but you need to find someone to fill EJ's shoes. You are a great business man Uncle Stefano, but in todays economy everyone needs a sidekick.

Stefano shakes his head again.

Stefano: Thank you Grant, your perspective will be given serious consideration.
Grant: Youre welcome, I just wish my perspective would have been more positive.

Stefano looks at his watch.

Stefano: Well, I assume you need to get back as soon as possible.
Grant: Yes, I am meeting with a client this evening.

Stefano walks up to him, they hug again.

Stefano: It was wonderful to see you Grant.
Grant: Likewise. Maybe I can visit again soon, bring the family next time.
Stefano: That would be marvelous.
Grant: Please keep me updated with EJ's progress.
Stefano: Yes, I will be certain to. I will have the limo drive you to the airport.
Grant: Take care Uncle Stefano.

Stefano watches him leave. He walks over and pours a brandy.

Stefano: Grant is right, Elvis was the back bone of Dimera Enterprises. But even so, this company will rise again.

He raises the glass.

Stefano: Salute!

You really have the dialogue style of the characters down pat. Very good....looking forward to the next chapter. :clap:

(Titan)

Victor stands at the window in his office. The door opens and Justin walks in. Victor continues to look out the window.

Justin: Uncle Vic?
Victor: This view has changed so much over the years.

Justin walks over and stands beside him.

Justin: Salem has for sure progressed over the years, and I would like to think that you helped lay the foundation when you based Titan here.
Victor: I would like to think so as well. But now Titan is on the verge of collapse, this building may as well be bombed.

He turns and walks to his desk, Justin sighs.

Victor: So where is Adrienne and Sonny?
Justin: I spoke to them on the phone, they will be here shortly.
Victor: Good. Maggie will be here as well, and hopefully my special guest can make it in time.
Justin: Special guest?
Victor: Yes, I need as many possible for this intervention.
Justin: And this special guest would be?
Victor: You will find out soon enough.

Victor pours a drink.

Justin: So where is Brady? In his office?
Victor: I havent seen him today, but I sent him a memo as well as a text.
Justin: And youre certain he will show?
Victor: I told him it was a business meeting, that I may have found a solution to our problem.
Justin: Which isnt true?
Victor: Oh it is.

Justin looks at him confused.

Victor: I met with Pierce Paulis earlier, he is willing to grant me a loan.
Justin: Thats great! You wont even need Brady's consent then right?
Victor: Wrong. Pierce does have a stipulation, that I regain full control of the company first.
Justin: So you told him about Jairo?
Victor: Yes. I have known Pierce for a long time. He is one asset I can never lose.
Justin: So thats why you have staged this intervention?

Victor nods.

Victor: Titan is the Kiriakis family. It is up to us to convince Brady to do the right thing.

Justin pats him in the shoulder.

Justin: I will do my best, and Im sure everyone else will to.
Victor: Thank you.

The door opens again, Sonny, Adrienne, and Maggie walk in.

Victor: Ah, thank you all for coming.
Sonny: Sure Uncle Vic, whats up?

Victor looks at Maggie, Adrienne notices.

Adrienne: Victor, Maggie? Is everything ok?
Maggie: Well, I know that Justin already knows, so I think Victor should tell you and Sonny.
Adrienne: Tell us what?
Victor: Lets all sit down.

They all sit at the conference table, Victor explains everything.

Victor: So Im hoping that everyone will help me to convince Brady.
Sonny: I dont believe this!
Justin: None of us can son.

Adrienne reaches over and takes Victor's hand.

Adrienne: Its no secret that we have had our differences in the past, but I would never want you to lose this company. Of course I will help.
Sonny: Count me in to Uncle Vic. And dont worry, with Mr. Woods voted out, I have no more ties to the DA office.
Victor: Thank you both, it means alot.

Justin looks at his watch.

Justin: He should be here anytime.

Thirty minutes later everyone is standing around the office. Victor hangs up his desk phone.

Victor: Apparently Brady hasnt been in today, I just spoke to his secretary.
Sonny: Then lets go find him!
Victor: As appealing as that sounds we have to be careful. This has to stay confidential for as long as possible.

Sonny takes a deep breath.

Sonny: Yeah, youre right. Im sure we will all agree to keep this under wraps.
Victor: Thank you all again. But rest assured, the intervention will happen.

Maggie hugs him.

Maggie: Hey, I have an idea! Why dont we all go to Chez Rouge for dinner, clear our minds for a while. We can dine in the private room.

They all agree. They start to leave when Victor's phone rings.

Victor: Hello?.......You were supposed to be here an hour ago! Where are you?!.......... The flight was delayed? I see. Well, there is no need to come to the office now, Brady didnt show.............But you can join us at Chez Rouge for dinner.........Yes, see you soon.

(Pier)

The limo pulls up to the dock entrance. Stefano sits in the back looking over a document.

Stefano: No matter how unconventional this seems, it does look promising.

He folds the document and puts it in his pocket. His phone rings.

Stefano: Yes?
Kate: Where are you my love?
Stefano: Ah, Katherine. I had an unexpected meeting come up, its about to start.
Kate: I see. How was the meeting with Grant?
Stefano: It was a delight to see him of course, but some changes are definately needed.
Kate: Well, Im sure you will do what is best. But I made a reservation at Chez Rouge this evening. Will you be able to make it?
Stefano: Absolutely. This meeting shouldnt be long, I will meet you there.
Kate: See you soon my love.
Stefano: Ciao.

The driver Hal opens the door.

Hal: The yacht is docking sir.
Stefano: Thank you Hal.

In the lower deck of the yacht he sits in a chair, his hands are tied behind his back, a blind fold over his eyes. A door opens, footsteps approach. "Who's there?!" he calls out. The blind fold is pulled off, he squints as his eyes adjust to the light. His hands are untied. His vision comes into full focus, he is staring at a wall. He looks up and gasps. "Its you! Youre the man who asked me for directions at the train station!" The man just looks at him. "Thank you Marco" a voice says from behind. He turns around to see Stefano. He watches Marco walk over.

Stefano: Good work.
Marco: Thanks boss.

Marco leaves, Stefano looks at the man.

Stefano: I know this situation is very unorthodox, but I dont want you to be alarmed.

The man looks at him. "Have we met before"? Stefano shakes his head and walks towards him.

Stefano: We have not, but I know that you are Dr. David Hayward of Pine Valley yes?
David: How do you know who I am?
Stefano: Lets just say I am very resourceful.

David stands up.

David: I dont know whats going on here, but Im being wrongfully imprisoned.
Stefano: Look, I apologize for all of this. But I had to ensure that you would come.
David: And what is it that you want with me?
Stefano: To put it simple, medical advice.

He lets out a laugh.

David: Thats it! You went through the trouble of kidnapping me for medical advice?!
Stefano: Correct.
David: Well, sir? I can assure you that a simple phone call to my office would have been much more sufficient!
Stefano: In most cases perhaps. But what I wish to speak to you about, Im certain you will agree that it is a confidential matter.
David: What are you talking about?

He takes the document out and hands it to him.

Stefano: Project Orpheus.

A serious look comes over Davids face. Stefano walks over and pours a drink.

David: How do you know about Project Orpheus?
Stefano: As I said before, I am very resourceful.

David shakes his head.

David: No! Someone talked! Which patient was it?
Stefano: Dr. Hayward, I assure you I have no association with any of your patients.
David: Im sorry, but I just dont believe that!
Stefano: Believe what you wish.
David: I will! And you can also believe that I am leaving now!

He starts towards the door.

Stefano: Before you go I should mention one thing.

He stops.

Stefano: I know that Project Orpheus was not accredited by any medical association. Your patients that you brought back from the dead, Im sure they as well as their families were grateful enough to keep your secret.
David: Whats your point?
Stefano: Well, one has to wonder what would happen if this was brought to the attention of certain people yes?
David: So, youre going to blackmail me?
Stefano: Dr. Hayward, blackmailing is not my intent here. However, I will do what I must to enlist your services. In fact, if you can pull off the miracle I yearn for, you will be compensated very generously.

David walks back over.

David: Alright, you have my attention.

Twenty minutes later they are sitting at a table, David has reviewed EJ's medical file.

David: Your son endured excessive trauma to the head Mr. Dimera, its no wonder the AVM formed.
Stefano: Dr Hayward, I am well aware of my sons medical history and have heard countless theories concerning the AVM. I am only interested in finding a cure. Is there anything that you can do for him?
David: I dont want to say yes or no prematurely, but I do have some ideas.

Stefano smiles and clenches his fist.

David: The first step is getting your son to my facility for an extensive evaluation.
Stefano: I can have him there immediately. In fact, why dont you be my guest overnight? I can have you and Elvis on a private jet first thing in the morning.
David: With the figure youre offering, how can I say no?
Stefano: Excellent!

(Cheatin Heart)

Brady leans over the pool table, he hits the cue ball, it flies off the table and hits the wall.

Brady: Oops!

He drops the pool stick and staggers over to the bar.

Brady: Another shot please!
Bartender: Come on pal, youve had enough. How about some coffee?

He pounds his fist onto the counter.

Brady: Look! I have never seen you before, so I assume you are new. My name is Brady Kiriakis, my cousin Adrienne owns this place. Now give me a shot or I will have your *** fired!

He pours the shot, Brady takes the glass.

Brady: Cheers!

He starts to drink it when a hand grabs his arm. He turns around, he laughs and shakes his head.

Brady: What the hell are you doing back in Salem?

Philip takes the glass and sets it on the counter.

Philip: You missed an important meeting Brady! But somehow I knew that you would be here!
Brady: You know me well! But if you dont mind, take a hike!
Philip: I dont think so. Youre coming with me to Chez Rouge, the meeting is going to take place.

They stare at each other coldly.

Thanks to everyone who is reading, it is truly appreciated and I hope it is somewhat entertaining in the least. But after posting the latest chapter last night, it has been nagging at me that some may not know who Dr. David Hayward is and I clearly did not give it a thought while writing. But he is/was a doctor on All My Children that was responsible for the resurrection of a handful of characters thought to be dead through a medical experiment called Project Orpheus. But in my neck of the woods DAYS and AMC both aired at 1pm, and I have been loosely familiar with AMC over the years as my mother was an avid fan. But when Project Orpheus was revealed, all I could think is that this guy would be right up Stefano's alley!

Will, it gets more intriguing with every chapter. Now I never watched AMC, but you do remember that Days had a character named Orpheus, right? LOL. And while I may not have watched AMC, I did watch GL, and if I am not mistaken, Dr. David H. was played by Vincent Irizarry, wasn't he? My beloved Lujack from GL. Judy Evans (Adrienne) played opposite him as Beth.

Good work, Will.

(Chez Rouge)

Kate sits at the bar sipping on an apple-tini. A middle aged man with dark and silver hair sits down next to her, he is dressed handsomly in a suit. "What a shame" he says. Kate looks at him.

Kate: Excuse me?

"A beautiful woman sitting here all alone, a shame indeed". He extends his hand, "Bob Helm, Vice President of Maritime Ventures". The company name catches her attention, she smiles and shakes his hand.

Kate: Maritime Ventures? Isnt that the top rated sea shipping company on the west coast?
Bob: Very good! I knew there was a reason I was so attracted to you, other than your beauty of course.
Kate: You flatter me.

He leans over to her ear.

Bob: I can do more than just flatter.
Kate: Very interesting. So tell me, why are you in Salem? I would think the west coast weather would be appealing at this time of the year.
Bob: The weather is beautiful, but the goal is expansion.
Kate: Ah, so this is a business trip?
Bob: Yes, its time we wipe out our competition from areas such as here.
Kate: Do you know how sexy you sounded just now? I like a confident man!

Bob grins, he takes out a pen and writes on a napkin.

Bob: This is my room number at the Salem Inn.
Kate: The Salem Inn? Classy!
Bob: I hope to see you soon.

He leaves, Kate rolls her eyes and puts the napkin in her purse. She goes to the ladies room to freshen up. On the other side of the resturaunt Brady staggers through the entrance, Philip walks in behind him. In the private room Victor, Maggie, Justin, Adrienne, and Sonny all sit at the table.

Victor: This was a wonderful idea Maggie. Dinner was delicious.
Justin: Yes Maggie, thank you.
Maggie: Its my pleasure. I just hope that everything will work out.

Adrienne's phone rings, she walks off to the corner to answer it. The door flies open and bangs against the door stop, Brady staggers in. Philip enters behind him and shuts the door back. Everyone stands up.

Victor: Brady! Where the hell have you been?
Justin: Philip?
Philip: Sorry Im late, but I had a hunch of where to find him.

Adrienne walks back over.

Adrienne: I should have known myself! That was my bartender, apparently Brady threatened him when he tried to cut him off!

Victor walks up to him.

Victor: We are on the verge of losing everything and your drowning your sorrows at the Cheatin Heart?!
Brady: Relax! So I had a few. I told you Grandad that I will fix everything.
Victor: Damn right you will! And you will start by signing Titan back over to me!
Brady: Like I told you last night, that isnt going to happen!
Victor: Like hell it isnt!
Maggie: Thats enough!

Maggie steps between them, she looks at Brady.

Maggie: Brady, all we want is to talk to you.
Brady: Sorry Maggie, but I have nothing to say!
Maggie: You dont have to say anything, just please listen to us. Thats all we are asking.

Brady laughs and looks around the room.

Brady: So where are the cameras? I suppose the interventionist will be joining us any moment?
Victor: This is not a joke Brady! My legacy is about to crash and burn because of you!
Justin: Thats true Brady. You owe it to this family to listen, to hear what we have to say!

He shrugs.

Brady: Fine! Im in the mood for a little comedy!

He sits down and looks at them.

Brady: Go ahead, humor me!

In the dining room Kate is back at the bar. Stefano walks in and sees her.

Stefano: Katherine! You look lovely tonight!

They kiss.

Kate: How was the meeting?
Stefano: Fantastic! In fact, I have some wonderful news!
Kate: Oh?
Stefano: But lets sit first.

The hostess seats them.

Stefano: Can we get a bottle of your finest wine please.
Hostess: Certainly sir, I will have the server bring it at once.

They walk off.

Kate: Finest wine? This must be some news!
Stefano: Oh it is it is! It calls for a celebration indeed!
Kate: You dont know how happy I am to see you smiling again my love.

He takes her hand and kisses it.

Stefano: I know this last month hasnt been easy for you either, especially when it came to my behavior. But I am forever greatful that you stood by me Katherine. I love you with all of my heart.

She smiles, they kiss again.

Kate: So tell me, what is this wonderful news?

He tells her about Dr. Hayward.

Kate: So, he is at the mansion right now?
Stefano: Yes, I had Marco drive him over to meet the nurse.
Kate: And youre sure he is legitimate?
Stefano: Well, there is more to his story I must admit, but I will indulge into those details later. However, I am certain that he is the answer.
Kate: Then Im sure he is.

They both smile.

Kate: Oh! I have something for you.

She pulls out the napkin and hands it to him. He looks at it confused.

Stefano: 853?
Kate: Yes, its the room number of a man staying at the Salem Inn. He tried to pick me up earlier.
Stefano: What?!
Kate: Dont worry, I played him for the fool he is.

She explains who he is and why he is in Salem. Stefano laughs.

Stefano: Well, I will certainly have Marco pay Mr. Helm a visit later. Good work Katherine!

His phone rings.

Stefano: Ah, it is Dr. Hayward sweetheart. I had better take this in private.

He gets up and walks off, Kate takes a sip of wine. In the private room everyone is sitting around Brady, they have each said what they wanted to say. Brady stands up.

Brady: Well, that was a few minutes of my time that I will never get back. Adios!

He starts to leave but Victor stands up.

Victor: There is one more thing!
Brady: And that would be?
Victor: I met with Pierce Paulis earlier this morning, he is willing to approve a loan if you sign Titan back over to me.

Brady glares at him.

Brady: You had a meeting behind my back?!
Victor: Thats right!
Brady: You had no right! I am the CEO, not you!
Victor: Yes, one that is about to face criminal charges! And in the process you are going to let Titan burn to the ground!

Outside the private room door in the hall, Stefano stands listening.

Stefano: Brady Black is facing criminal charges and Titan is at risk?

He thinks for a second and smiles.

Stefano: Thank god I walked back here to take the call.

He takes his phone back out and dials a number.

Stefano: Its me. I need you to investigate something right away.

Back inside Brady stares at everyone coldly.

Brady: How dare any of you judge me?! You are all hypocrits!
Justin: And why is that?

Brady points at Victor.

Brady: Because your defending him! He keeps talking about this empire, his legacy! It was all built upon corruption!
Sonny: Come on Brady, you dont mean that!

Brady looks at him.

Brady: As far as Im concerned Sonny, you are the biggest disgrace in this family! Why dont you just take a hike, go find a homo or something!
Adrienne: YOU *******!

She rushes towards him but Sonny stops her.

Sonny: Mom! No! Its ok!

Justin hugs her, Sonny looks back at Brady.

Sonny: I am who I am Brady, and I will always be proud of that. Whats happened to you?

Brady doesnt say anything, Adrienne and Justin look at him.

Adrienne: You stay away from our house and the bar, you are no longer welcome!

He looks at Justin.

Justin: You really crossed the line this time Brady.

Justin, Adrienne and Sonny leave.

Brady: Next!

Victor shakes his head.

Maggie: Brady, you need help!
Victor: Forget it Maggie, theres no point! Lets just get out here!

They walk out the door. Philip stands up and walks over to him.

Philip: That was quite a scene you caused there, I hope youre proud of yourself!
Brady: What can I say Philip, Im the blacksheep now apparently!
Philip: Just know this, you are not taking my dads company down with you. He will get it back one way or the other!
Brady: Oh come on Phil! We both know why you came back to get your shots in at me!
Philip: What the hell are you talking about?
Brady: Chloe! You could never live with the fact that she chose me!
Philip: Yeah, and look how that turned out!
Brady: Well, at least I didnt knock her up during a one night stand when I was married to another woman!
Philip: YOU SON OF A *****!

Philip punches him in the face, Brady falls to the floor. Back at the table, Stefano and Kate are enjoying their dinner. There is suddenly a loud commotion as Philip and Brady stumble out of the hall and crash into a dining room table.

Kate: Oh my god! Philip?!

Everyone in the dining room stands up, Kate rushes over as Philip and Brady wrestle on the ground. Stefano stays seated, he smiles.

Stefano: The fireworks are just beginning!

:clap: :clap: :clap: You have great imagination, Will. Good goin!

(Kiriakis Mansion)

Victor and Justin sit in the den going over forms.

Victor: Thank you for drawing these up.
Justin: No problem.
Victor: Now the next step is getting Brady's signature on them.
Justin: Have you talked to him again since last night?

Victor shakes his head.

Victor: I waited up but he never came home. I dont know where he is at.

The door opens and Philip walks in, his face is bruised up.

Victor: Ah, my son the brawler!
Philip: Can it dad!
Victor: I dont think so!

He stands up.

Victor: As if this family doesnt have enough problems already, you and Brady decide to have a public brawl! At Chez Rouge no less!
Philip: He crossed the line last night with all of us! Somebody had to do something!
Victor: Youre just lucky that Maggie is the owner or you both would have ended up in jail!
Philip: Well, I will be sure to count my blessings!

Victor rolls his eyes and turns back to Justin.

Victor: By the way, I am sorry for the comments Brady made to Sonny last night. I hope he is holding up.
Justin: You dont have to apologize for Brady Uncle Vic. But Sonny will be fine. After we got back home last night, all he talked about was how he wished he could help Brady.

Victor smiles.

Victor: Sonny is an example for all of us. Im proud that he is my nephew, you and Adrienne did a fine job raising him.
Justin: Thank you Uncle Vic, that means alot.

Justin closes his briefcase and stands up.

Justin: Well, I had better get to the office. I will leave the forms here, call me if anything happens.
Victor: Yes, I will.

Justin leaves, Victor looks at Philip.

Victor: Look, Im sorry. I just havent been in the best mood the last couple days.
Philip: Its ok.
Victor: Truth is, Brady has driven us all to the brink. He is completely out of control.
Philip: That he is.
Victor: And its not like before when I forced him into rehab over his drug addiction. This time he has my company as a chip.
Philip: Its an impossible situation, thats for sure.
Victor: Yes, but its up to me to make it possible. I just dont know where to start.

Philip puts his hand on his shoulder.

Philip: Well, whatever you decide to do, just know I will be by your side.
Victor: Thank you son, it means alot that you are here.

They hug, Maggie walks in and smiles.

Maggie: Its certainly nice to see you two embracing one another.
Victor: Ah darling!
Philip: Good morning Maggie.
Victor: You look lovely this morning!

They kiss.

Maggie: I hope you got some sleep last night.
Victor: I did my best considering.
Maggie: Brady never came home?

Victor shakes his head.

Victor: But lets not talk about him right now. Why dont I go see if breakfast is ready?
Maggie: Sounds wonderful.

They kiss again, Victor leaves the room.

Philip: Look Maggie, I really am sorry about last night. I admit that I went over the edge, I will reimburse you for any lost income.
Maggie: Thank you Philip, but Chez Rouge will be ok. Besides, I think every one of us wanted to strangle Brady as well.

Philip nods.

Philip: So, how is Melanie?
Maggie: I spoke to her last night on the phone, she is enjoying her trip with Carly tremendously.

Philip smiles.

Philip: Thats great to hear, please give her my best.
Maggie: I will be sure to.
Philip: Oh! I have some new pictures for you and dad.

He takes out pictures of Parker with him and Chloe.

Maggie: Oh these are lovely! Parker is getting so big!
Philip: He is for sure growing up.
Maggie: You know Philip, it is so wonderful that you are letting Chloe be a part of his life.
Philip: She deserves to be, she has come a long way.
Maggie: And what about you? Do you still have feelings for her?
Philip: I will always have feelings for Chloe. But I guess only time will tell if anything more happens between us.
Maggie: I understand.

He looks at his watch.

Philip: Well, I had better get going.
Maggie: Oh, youre not going to join us for breakfast?
Philip: As much as I would rather do that, Im meeting my mom at the Town Square. If I didnt meet with her at least once during my visit, I would never hear the end of it.

Maggie laughs.

Maggie: That certainly sounds like Kate. Have a good day.
Philip: You too.

(Dimera Mansion)

Kate walks down the steps and into the den. She stops at the mirror to fix her ear-ring. Stefano walks in from the garden entrance.

Stefano: Katherine! You look stunning this morning!
Kate: Stefano, your back already?
Stefano: Yes, it was a very quick process. Dr. Hayward wanted to get EJ to his facility right away to start.
Kate: Well, he certainly seemed like a lovely gentleman, but are you sure he is not just another quack?

Stefano laughs.

Stefano: I did extensive research on this one. Trust me, I have found Elvis' savior. Besides, many citizens of Pine Valley, Pennsylvania owe their lives to him, literally.
Kate: Pine Valley? The headquarters for Fusion Cosmetics?
Stefano: Im not sure? Perhaps.
Kate: Yes! Erica Kane's company! We will have to visit soon!

Stefano shrugs.

Stefano: Absolutely. Dr Hayward went over his planned regimen with me before departing. It is going to be a long process, so we will be making many visits for certain.
Kate: Im sorry my love, I know you want EJ cured as soon as possible.

He sighs.

Stefano: Yes, but the one thing I appreciate about Dr Hayward is that he is precise and honest. Besides, no matter how long it takes, the bottom line is having my son back.
Kate: I couldnt agree more.

They kiss.

Stefano: So, you are meeting with Philip soon?
Kate: Yes, before my meeting at the office.

She looks at the clock.

Kate: In fact, I should be going.

Stefano: Have a lovely visit.
Kate: I will call you later.

They kiss again, she leaves. He walks over to pour a drink when his phone rings.

Stefano: Yes?...........you are at the airport?.....perfect! I will see you soon.

Thirty minutes later he is sitting in his study, there is a knock at the door.

Stefano: Come in!

The door opens, he smiles and stands up.

Stefano: Petrov!
Petrov: Mr. Dimera!

They shake hands.

Stefano: How was your flight my friend?
Petrov: Delightful.
Stefano: Excellent, please sit.

They both sit down.

Stefano: I trust you have some information for me yes?

Petrov opens his bag and takes out a folder. Stefano takes it and opens it up.

Petrov: It is all there sir, in plain black and white.

Stefano grins as he reads through the document, his grin widening with each sentence. He sits the document down and throws his head back laughing.

Stefano: This is marvelous!
Petrov: I must admit I was shocked sir. Who would have thought that Victor Kiriakis would ever become so vulnerable to lose his company in the first place.
Stefano: Very true Petrov. It was indeed unthinkable all those years ago when we were business partners. But no matter the case, I plan to capitalize on his mistakes.
Petrov: I did hear of the feuds between the families. I wish you would had summoned me sir.
Stefano: The thought crossed my mind, but I needed you to remain in Italy at the time.
Petrov: I understand.
Stefano: But now that youre here, I want you to stay until my plan is completed. I want you to stay in constant contact with our ISA source. It is only a matter of time before they go after Brady Black.
Petrov: Absolutely sir. And if you dont mind me asking, what is the plan?

Stefano laughs softly as he puts a cigar in his mouth. He strikes a match and lights it, puffing smoke in the process.

Stefano: Well my friend, I dont want to indulge too much at this point. However, this is the perfect angle I have been waiting for!

He takes the cigar out of his mouth and smiles again.

Stefano: This is going to be the sweetest revenge yet!

I would rather see THIS STORY on my screen than the nonsense we are seeing now. Oh, the tangled web be weaved. Will, you have definitely got the talent to be one great writer. Keep em coming !!!

Definitely edge of seat stuff. Can't wait for next chapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back