Unraveled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will - we are sitting here biting our nails waiting anxiously on today's installment. As Barb said, edge of our seat drama.

(Town Square)

Philip walks into the Square and looks around. He spots the Countess W office and walks over. Kate walks up behind him.

Kate: What do you think?

He turns around and smiles.

Philip: It looks great mom.

They hug.

Kate: How is your face? Did you see a doctor?
Philip: It looks worse than it is, but Im fine.
Kate: What on earth happened between you and Brady last night?
Philip: I'd rather not talk about it.
Kate: Not talk about it?! I didnt even know you were in town and then you come crashing into the Chez Rouge dining room!
Philip: Mom! Can we just have a nice visit, please?

She sighs. They walk over to a table and sit down. The server brings a pitcher of tea and takes their orders.

Kate: So, can you at least tell me why youre visiting?
Philip: Its business related, thats all I can say.
Kate: Oh gosh, what has your father gotten Titan into now?
Philip: Mom! What did I just say?
Kate: Fine. I wont say anything more about it.
Philip: Thank you.

He takes out his wallet and gives her a picture.

Philip: It was taken last week.
Kate: Oh my! Parker is growing like a weed! You should have brought him.
Philip: Chloe has him this week, which actually worked out since I had to come here.

She rolls her eyes.

Kate: Nothing ever works out when it comes to Chloe.
Philip: Really mom?! Youre going to start this now?
Kate: Im just saying--
Philip: Is it impossible for us to just have a nice breakfast?!

Kate shakes her head and puts the picture in her purse.

Philip: Chloe is Parker's mother rather you like it or not! Im not going to deprive him of his mother! You of all people should understand that!
Kate: I know where youre getting at Philip, and it kills me to this day that I wasnt there for Billie and Austin. But the difference here is that I am not an unfit mother!
Philip: Thats it!

He starts to get up.

Kate: Ok Im sorry!

He looks at her.

Kate: Please sit back down sweetie.

He sighs and settles back into the chair.

Kate: Look, lets just eat and I will show you the office afterwards.
Philip: Thank you, sounds wonderful.

The server brings their orders.

Philip: So, I hear Mad World closed their office here.
Kate: Yes, Countess W prevailed.
Philip: Really? According to Titan's last finance report Madison was doing quite well.
Kate: Well, sometimes its not always about the profits. Salem is clearly a stronghold for Countess W.
Philip: So Brady and Madison's break up had nothing to do with it?

Kate looks down at the table. She recalls her plan last month. The woman could not be a cheap prostitute, but someone respectable, someone that would convince Madison that Brady was having a legitimate affair. She came across Detective McCarthy at the gym, the respected member of the Salem PD was having her annual morning workout. Although respected, McCarthy was sold after Kate offered the six figure amount. Later that night McCarthy found Brady at the Cheatin Heart already drunk, so her mission to slip the drug into his drink was cake. She easily got him to the room Kate had booked at the Salem Inn. In the meantime, Kate sent a romantic card inviting Madison to the same room, the rest is history.

Philip: Mom! Are you ok?
Kate: Of course sweetie. I was just thinking about the meeting. But as far Madison, lets just say that I always win in the end.

(Kiriakis Mansion)

Victor sits at his desk in the study, he hangs up the phone and sighs.

Victor: Where the hell are you Brady?

He picks up the documents that Justin had dropped off earlier, he reads over them again.

Victor: I must regain full control of Titan!

There is a knock at the door.

Victor: Yes!

The door opens, Justin walks in.

Victor: Justin! I thought you were meeting with a client?
Justin: I re-scheduled for after lunch. Im afraid I have more bad news.
Victor: Perfect!
Justin: My source sent another fax.
Victor: And?!
Justin: Not only does the ISA have Jairo's statement, they were able to seize the video survelance from the compounds security cameras. They saw Brady on the footage.
Victor: It just keeps getting better!
Justin: But if there is any good news, the ISA is playing this very safe.
Victor: Meaning?
Justin: There is still more time before a warrant is issued for Brady. As far as they know none of this has leaked, they are being very careful.
Victor: I see.
Justin: It basically boils down to the families reputation. They know Brady has the resources to go on the run, even leave the country.
Victor: Well then, I have to use this time to my advantage. I have to get Titan back before this circus erupts!

(Titan)

Brady lays on the couch in his office. He gets up and walks to the restroom, he looks at his face in the mirror. He walks back out and pours a glass of water. He opens a desk drawer and takes out a packet of aspirin.

Brady: Breakfast of champions.

He drinks the tablets down. Thirty minutes later he steps off the elevator and into the lobby. He puts his sunglasses on and walks out front to the limo. The driver gets out and opens the door. He sits down inside and sighs. He leans his head back and closes his eyes. He is awoken a few minutes later to the sound of the door being opened. He takes his sunglasses off and rubs his eyes. He gets out and looks around confused. He looks at the driver, his back is towards him.

Brady: Excuse me! This is the Dimera Mansion, you were supposed to go to the Kiriakis estate. Are you new?

The driver takes off his hat and turns around, he is pointing a gun at him. Brady sighs and closes his eyes.

Brady: Marco! A pleasure as always.
Marco: Inside now.

They walk inside and into the den. Stefano is sitting at the chess table pondering the next move. Marco closes the door. Brady looks at him, then back at Stefano.

Brady: So! Whats this all about?

Stefano raises his hand, Brady rolls his eyes. He moves a knight then looks up at him.

Stefano: Ah Brady! Thank you for coming!
Brady: As if I had a choice.

Stefano laughs.

Stefano: Yes, very true!
Brady: What do you want Stefano?
Stefano: Well, it seems we have some business matters to discuss.

Brady stares at him coldly, Stefano grins back.

(Dimera Mansion)

Stefano gets up and walks to the other side of the room.

Stefano: Can I offer you a drink?
Brady: Why? So you can poison it?

Stefano laughs as he pours a brandy. He turns around and looks at him.

Stefano: Very good one!
Brady: Happy to humor you Stefano. Now tell me why Im here?
Stefano: Ah yes. Please come and sit.
Brady: I would rather stand.

Marco walks up and presses the gun to his back.

Marco: You heard Mr. Dimera.

Brady follows Stefano to the table, they sit down.

Stefano: Thank you Marco, you can wait outside.

He leaves, Brady looks at Stefano.

Brady: Gutsy move.
Stefano: Perhaps. But I have not brought you here in the interest of war.
Brady: So you say.
Stefano: It seems you have gotten yourself into a rather interesting dilemma. Well, interesting to me at least.
Brady: I dont know what youre talking about.
Stefano: Oh but I think you do.

He opens a briefcase and takes out a folder, he lays it down in front of him.

Stefano: Have a look please, Im sure it will refresh your memory.

Brady already knew what it was, but he opens it anyway.

Stefano: I must admit that I once met with Jairo Felipe many years ago. But Im surprised his operation lasted as long as it did, especially seeing how careless he was.
Brady: What do you want?
Stefano: I wont insult your intelligence Brady, of course I want something. However, Im certain that there are things you want as well.

Brady shakes his head.

Brady: From you? No thanks.

Stefano shrugs.

Stefano: Of course that would be your natural response in a legitimate aspect, but this is anything but.
Brady: No Stefano, that is my response in any aspect when it comes to you.
Stefano: Then so be it. Im sure you have many potential investors lined up to meet with you, and Im also sure they will be very understanding when this scandal comes out.
Brady: So whats your strategy here? To rush the process if I dont agree to what you want? Leak the information to the press?
Stefano: Well, those are very good suggestions, if we were opponents in an election perhaps.
Brady: Why would I care if this information goes public today or a week from now? The result is going to be the same regardless. The ISA is going to come after me and Titan's stock will crumble.
Stefano: Very true. But what if I told you it does not have to happen that way.
Brady: Wait a second!

He stands up and walks over to the fireplace thinking. He looks back at Stefano.

Brady: I dont know how he convinced you, but you are speaking on behalf of my grandfather arent you?

Stefano throws his head back and laughs.

Brady: You know about the loan in place if he can regain control of Titan.

He continues to laugh.

Brady: Its no secret that you two were business partners once. So what did you offer you this time?
Stefano: Oh Brady! Ive never laughed so much in my life!
Brady: What is he offering you?!
Stefano: As hysterical as your theory is, Im afraid your mistaken.
Brady: I bet.
Stefano: Why would Victor Kiriakis want me to know that Titan is in trouble?
Brady: Hes a desperate man right now. He would do anything to get the company back, but that will only happen over my dead body.
Stefano: And that is exactly why I have brought you here!
Brady: So the truth finally comes out, youre going to kill me.

Stefano laughs again.

Stefano: Of course not! You said Victor would only get Titan back over your dead body.

His face turns serious.

Stefano: And that is the killer instinct I am looking for!

Brady looks at him confused.

Brady: I dont follow.
Stefano: Look, when Elvis fell ill last month, lets just say Dimera Enterprises lost a vital component. We have slipped in recent weeks ourselves.
Brady: Well, its comforting to know that Titan isnt the only business on a downward spiral.
Stefano: But dont you see?! It does not have to be like this for either company. We could save them both!
Brady: What the hell are you saying?
Stefano: Brady. I have not brought you here for vengeance. I have brought you here to make a business proposal.
Brady: A business proposal?
Stefano: You are the vital component that Dimera Enterprises needs! Now true, you did slip up with the Jairo deal. But even so, I admire such courage, such nerves of steel!

Brady smiles and shakes his head.

Brady: Youre gonna have to make a better pitch than that Stefano. We both know what it is you really want.

Stefano smiles.

Brady: I made a mistake in my assumption before. Youre not speaking on behalf of my grandfather, but on behalf of yourself. You want to buyout Titan, and that will be a cold day in hell before I agree to that.
Stefano: You are partially correct, only my intent is not to buyout. No, think of it more as a merger, but with you selling me controlling interest.
Brady: And then what? You can proclaim that you conquered the almighty Victor Kiriakis at my expense?
Stefano: You have it all wrong Brady. In fact, you would remain over the Titan division. You could still employ whomever you wish, and that includes your grandfather.

Brady eyes him suspiciously, he sits back down.

Brady: No, I dont think so.
Stefano: Then you would be a fool.
Brady: You want to purchase controlling interest in Titan, but let me continue to run it? From your persepctive, it makes no sense.
Stefano: But it makes perfect sense! Both of the companies would be stronger than ever! And as I said before I admire your work ethic! Dont you see? Under my watch you can still be ruthless, but I will make you flawless as well!
Brady: Sure you will, just like you did my father when he worked for you right?

Stefano shakes his head.

Stefano: That was another time, another era.
Brady: Meaning?
Stefano: Lets just say that times have changed. When I employed your father much of his work pertained to my very personal interests, where as today my main focus is ensuring the future of Dimera Enterprises.
Brady: Right. And part of that ensurance is to see Titan fall. Spin it any way you want Stefano, I know you have a hidden agenda.

Stefano takes another document out of the briefcase and lays it in front of him.

Stefano: The terms of the merger are all there, for both of our lawyers to review with a fine-tooth-comb.

Brady looks over the document. He picks it up and looks Stefano, he tears it in two.

Brady: Im going to be leaving now.

He gets up and walks towards the door.

Stefano: What if I said I could make your problem with the ISA vanish?

He stops.

Brady: Thats impossible.
Stefano: In your world perhaps.
Brady: If there was a way to make my problem vanish, my grandfather would have found it by now.
Stefano: Dont misunderstand me here, as your grandfather is a very worthy opponent. He can match me in many aspects including the corporate world, underground wars, and so much more. However, when it comes to having resources in very very high places, the trophy undisputedly goes to I.

Brady looks down at the floor in thought.

Stefano: It is all quite simple here. You read over the proposal, which fortuntaely I have more copies of. I am offering you the opportunity to make everything not only appropriate again, but to make it all even grander than before!

He looks back up at him. Stefano takes another copy of the proposal out and lays it on the table.

Stefano: And to show my good faith, I will get the ISA off your case. It will be as if your deal with Jairo never existed.

Brady walks back over and picks up the proposal. He folds it and puts it in his pocket.

Brady: I will take everything under advisement.

Stefano smiles.

Stefano: Very good! But please remember, my offer is only valid prior to the ISA making their move against you.
Brady: I understand.

He starts to walk towards the door again.

Stefano: Brady! Just one more thing.

He stops and looks back at him.

Stefano: We may have been enemies in the past, but we are also family yes?

Brady nods, he walks out the door. Stefano picks up his brandy and smiles again.

Stefano: Salute!

Oh my goodness.........more W O W chapters! Talk about edge of seat. Cannot wait. :clap:

(Dimera Mansion)

Kate comes in the front door and hurries to the den.

Kate: I dont believe this! How did I take the wrong folder for the meeting?!

She looks around the table and desk area but sees nothing.

Kate: Great!

She sighs and thinks for a second.

Kate: I bet Stefano took it by mistake.

She walks down the hall to the study and knocks on the door.

Kate: Stefano?

She cracks the door open and peeks in, the room is empty.

Kate: He would kill me for doing this, but I need that folder!

She goes in and sees a couple folders stacked on the desk. She opens the one on top, the Titan Industries caption on the document catches her eye immediately.

Kate: Titan?

She looks over the document, her eyes widening.

Kate: A proposal to buyout Victor? No wait, Brady is the CEO now!

She recalls the fight between Philip and Brady the night before, then recalls Philip not going into details about his business visit earlier. She looks back at the opened folder and notices more copies of the same proposal. She folds the one she is holding and hurries back to the den. She takes out her phone and dials.

Kate: Chris, its me. Something has come up, so please inform our client that I will have to cancel the meeting today.

Outside in the guest house Stefano and Petrov are sitting in the den, Petrov is looking at a copy of the proposal.

Petrov: It is a perfect angle sir. However, arent you concerned about another potential war?
Stefano: Not at all Petrov. You see, Brady Black will not only be selling Titan to me, but the entire Kiriakis estate as well.
Petrov: I see. So to put it simple, Victor loses all his leverage and influence.
Stefano: Correct!

He stands up and walks over the window.

Stefano: Ah, to have the Kiriakis family in the palm of my hand!

He looks back at Petrov.

Stefano: It has been so long since I have felt this delightful!
Petrov: It will be a grand victory for sure sir. But are you certain Brady Black will sell?
Stefano: Absolutely! His ISA troubles is the perfect card in my deck.
Petrov: And he can be trusted to work for Dimera Enterprises?
Stefano: The only trust I am concerned about is his in me. But he will discover quickly that he can only flourish under my wing.
Petrov: What about the fact that he is John Black's son?

He smiles.

Stefano: That is the most satisfying element about this whole ordeal. Not only do I conquer the Kiriakis family, but I drive a stake into the heart of my most worthy opponent ever! I am going to make his son completely unrecognizable! Other than Elvis of course, Brady Black will be my greatest protege ever!
Petrov: It all sounds perfect sir. I will do whatever you wish to help this plan succeed.
Stefano: Thank you Petrov.

Petrov looks at his watch and stands up.

Petrov: In fact, I had better check in with our ISA source.
Stefano: Very good. I am going to return to the main house, please keep me updated.
Petrov: Yes sir.

He steps outside into the garden area. He takes a breath of fresh air and smiles.

Stefano: A lovely day indeed!

(Kiriakis Mausoleum)

Brady stands in front of Isabella's interment staring blankly at her name. He closes his eyes and sighs.

Brady: What am I supposed to do mother?

"You already know the answer to that question" a voice says from behind. He turns around to see Isabella standing on the other side, she is dressed in angelic white.

Brady: No mother, Im afraid I dont know.
Isabella: But you do my son. Deep down you have always known what you should do.
Brady: Yes, to save this family at any cost right?

A looks of disappointment comes over her face.

Brady: What?! You too?
Isabella: You continue to be lost, to be blinded by the negative light.
Brady: I did what I had to for the sake of this family!

He looks away.

Isabella: Yes, you made your choices and will have to live with the consequences. But its never too late for redemption.
Brady: Redemption?! Redemption for what? Grandad failed us all when he lost the company to Vivian! Im the one who saved Titan!
Isabella: My fathers failures were his own. However, your acts of deceit only complicated matters further.
Brady: Well, thanks for the vote of confidence mother! Why should you feel any different from anyone else?

He walks to the other side and shakes his head.

Isabella: I only wish you could find your way again. I want to see you happy.
Brady: Youre starting to sound just like my father!
Isabella: Your father loves you very much.
Brady: Really? Well he sure has a strange way of showing it! Hes been like that my entire life!
Isabella: But whos actions is it that you are truly resentful about my son? Your fathers or your own?

He looks at her.

Isabella: As I said before it is never too late for redemption. Give my father his company back and turn yourself in to my brother.
Brady: No! Grandad will not get Titan back!
Isabella: Let him have his world of corruption, you can start over with a clean slate.
Brady: No, its too late for me.
Isabella: Again my son, it is never--
Brady: I SAID NO!

He starts to tear up, Isabella stares at him.

Brady: Who are you to tell me what to do? You left me! We neve had a chance to know each other!
Isabella: My time here was simply over, but I have never left you my son.

He walks back against the wall. He starts to cry harder.

Brady: I needed you so many times! I wanted my mother!

He slowly sinks down the wall to the floor as he cries.

Brady: Why did you leave me?! Why?!

Isabella is now standing above him, she touches his shoulder.

Isabella: I will always be with you.
Brady: NO!

He jumps back up and looks around the room, she is now gone.

Brady: DONT YOU EVER SAY YOU WILL ALWAYS BE WITH ME! YOU LEFT ME! YOU ABANDONED ME!

He starts to cry again and buries his face into his hands.

Brady: WHYYYYY! WHYYYYY!

He sinks to the floor again crying harder.

(Kiriakis Mansion)

Victor sits in the chair in the den, Daniel stands next to him as he takes his blood pressure.

Victor: There is really no need for this!
Daniel: Quiet!

He rolls his eyes. Maggie walks into the den. Daniel takes the strap off and writes on his pad.

Victor: You see? I am fine!
Daniel: Actually youre not. Your blood pressure is way too high.
Maggie: Oh dear.

Victor sighs.

Daniel: Im going to give you a relaxant, then youre going straight to bed.
Victor: The hell if I am! I cant sleep right now!
Maggie: Victor please!
Victor: You had no right calling Daniel behind my back!
Daniel: Well its a good thing she did! Given your history with strokes, you could be in the danger of having another one.
Victor: Nonsense!
Daniel: What the hell has you so worked up in the first place?
Victor: Its nothing I cant handle! I will be fine!
Daniel: Im not leaving here until you take the medication and go to bed.
Victor: Then get comfortable!

He gets up and leaves the room. Daniel looks at Maggie.

Daniel: Whats going on with him?
Maggie: He has been under alot of stress.
Daniel: Work related?
Maggie: You could say that.
Daniel: Well, no matter what he says, you did the right thing by calling me.
Maggie: Thank you Daniel. Im just so concerned right now.

She starts to tear up.

Maggie: We had a lovely breakfast earlier. Then he had a meeting with Justin afterwards and has been tense ever since.
Daniel: Look, my schedule is clear for the rest of the day. Why dont I hang around for a while?
Maggie: I think it would be best.

He hugs her.

(Titan)

Philip sits in his old office looking over prior financial reports. He sighs and shakes his head.

Philip: Jesus Brady! How could you have been so stupid!

There is suddenly a frantic knock at his door.

Philip: Im busy right now!

The door opens and Kate hurries in.

Philip: Mom!
Kate: Im sorry to barge in but I have to show you something!
Philip: Cant it wait? Im working here!

She takes out the copy of the proposal and lays it in front of him. His face turns serious as he reads it. He looks back up at her.

Philip: Where did you get this?
Kate: Stefano's den.

He stands up.

Philip: Well, I think its time I have a chat with your husband!
Kate: Philip no! You are not going over there!
Philip: Watch me!
Kate: You listen to me!

He stops and looks at her.

Kate: Stefano cannot find out that I tipped you off! But the reason I did is because you are my son and an heir to this company! Now you take that proposal to your father and do what you have to do to get this company out of Brady's clutches before its too late! But you will not confront Stefano, for my sake at least!

Philip shakes his head.

Philip: Fine.

He hugs her.

Philip: Thank you.
Kate: Of course sweetie, I love you.

She leaves, he sits back down and looks at the document again.

Philip: Come hell or high water, Stefano Dimera will not get this company.

Will, this is just FABULOUS! and very powerful stuff, too boot.

(Salem Airport)

Justin sits in the airport cafe and looks at his watch. He takes a sip of coffee and looks around.

Justin: Where are you West?

"Right behind you Kiriakis" a voice says. He turns around to see Agent Kerr West smiling.

Justin: Kerr!

He stands up, they shake hands.

Kerr: Its good to see you Justin, its been a long time.
Justin: Good to see you to.

They both sit down.

Justin: I have to admit I never expected you to show up here. I mean, I just got your last fax a few hours ago?
Kerr: Well, that is the beauty of working for the ISA. You wake up in one location, but within a few hours you are somewhere else.
Justin: So they sent you here?
Kerr: No. This is actually a pit stop on my way further east. I have been assigned to a new case, which unfortunately means I am no longer based at headquarters to keep obtaining information.
Justin: I see.
Kerr: But I asked you to meet me here because I have one last tip to provide.
Justin: Please.
Kerr: The agency is going to officially make their move against your cousin sometime in the next twenty four hours.

Justin sighs.

Kerr: My estimate is that it happens late tomorrow evening.
Justin: Wow. I thought we would have more time.
Kerr: From my understanding, my superior plans to summon Roman Brady rather than sending a team of agents. He knows that Bo Brady is family and feels it would be the best approach to try and keep everything civilized.

Justin lets out laugh.

Justin: I dont think civilized is in my cousins vocabulary right now. But thanks Kerr, I appreciate everything.
Kerr: Hey, you helped me out so much during law school back in Texas. Its the least I could do.
Justin: True, now if only you had actually become a lawyer!

They both laugh.

Kerr: What can I say? I have always had a knack for adventure.

(Kiriakis Mansion)

Victor stands in the study staring out the window. The door opens and Maggie walks in. They look at each other for a moment, he smiles. Maggie walks over and hugs him.

Victor: Im sorry for the way I acted earlier. I know you and Daniel only have my best interest at heart.
Maggie: Yes we do. I love you so much Victor.
Victor: I love you too.

They kiss.

Victor: Look, I got another call from Justin, he wants to meet with me one more time.
Maggie: Oh Victor, not again.
Victor: But no matter what happens, I will follow Daniel's orders after the meeting. I assume he is still here?
Maggie: Yes.
Victor: Good. So why dont you go keep him company, Justin should be here anytime.
Maggie: Ok, but I will be keeping my eye on you.
Victor: I wouldnt have it any other way.

They both smile, she leaves. He walks to the desk and sits down.

Victor: I hope Justin has good news for a change.

His desk phone rings.

Victor: Yes?
Philip: Dad its me.
Victor: Philip! Where have you been?
Philip: Nevermind that, but I have to meet with you right away.
Victor: Did you speak to Justin? Is there any new details?
Philip: I will explain everything when I get there. But I would rather do this in private, so can we meet in the pool house?
Victor: If you wish.
Philip: Ok, I will be there soon.

Victor hangs up and sighs. He gets up and walks out of the room.

Outside in the mausoleum Brady sits on the floor and stares blankly. His phone rings, he rolls his eyes.

Brady: I wonder who it is this time! Grandad, Justin, or Philip?

He takes it out and sees the number. He gets up and answers it.

Brady: Yes?
Stefano: Brady! It is wonderful to hear your voice again!

He sighs.

Brady: A pleasure as always Stefano.
Stefano: I was wanting to follow up with you concerning our meeting from earlier. Are you in private?

He looks around the mausoleum.

Brady: You could say that.
Stefano: Excellent! So you have given any more thought to my proposal?
Brady: Actually I have.
Stefano: Marvelous!
Brady: Im going to need more time to think about it.
Stefano: Of course! But please remember what I said before, the offer is only valid prior to ISA action.
Brady: I havent forgotten Stefano.
Stefano: After all, what good would Titan be for me after plummeting in the stock market yes?
Brady: I understand.
Stefano: Oh! And before I forget, I should tell you that I have it on very good authority that the ISA will be making their move against you within the next twenty four hours.
Brady: What?!
Stefano: Just what I said.
Brady: No, your bluffing!
Stefano: Oh Brady, you know me better than that. And you also know that I am your only option.

Brady grits his teeth.

Stefano: I trust I will be hearing from you soon.

The line goes dead. Brady spins around and throws the phone, it shatters against the wall.

Back inside the mansion Maggie and Daniel sit in the den. Henderson walks in, Justin is behind him.

Henderson: Mr. Kiriakis is here.
Maggie: Thank you Henderson.

Henderson leaves, Maggie and Daniel stand up.

Justin: Daniel, what are you doing here? Wheres Uncle Vic?
Daniel: In his study, but we have to talk first.
Justin: Ok?

Daniel explains Victors elevated blood pressure.

Justin: Look, I understand your position. But to put it modest, Titan is in serious trouble at the moment and time is not on our side. I have to meet with him.
Daniel: Fine. But whatever news you have, break it to him as gently as possible. I will be right here if he needs me.
Justin: I will do my best.

Justin walks down the hall and knocks on the study door. He cracks the door open and looks inside.

Justin: Uncle Vic?

Outside in the pool house Victor paces around the den. The door opens, Philip walks in.

Victor: Its about damn time!
Philip: Dad please!
Victor: Whats this all about?!
Philip: I think you had better sit down first.
Victor: Philip! Im in no mood for delays! Just give it to me straight!

He sighs. He takes the proposal document out of his pocket and hands it to him.

Victor: What is this?!
Philip: Just read it.

He unfolds it and starts to read. Philip watches as his face turns bright red.

Victor: THAT DAMN TRADER!

He storms past Philip and out the door.

Philip: DAD!

Philip hurries after him. Victor stops near the pool and raises his arms.

Victor: BRADYYYYY!

Inside, Justin, Maggie and Daniel all hear the commotion.

Maggie: What on earth?!

They all get up and hurry out of the den. Outside the mausoleum Brady hears the commotion also.

Brady: Grandad?

He hurries towards the pool house. Back at the pool Philip grabs Victor, but he jerks out of his grip.

Philip: Dad! Calm down!
Victor: YOU GO FIND BRADY! I WANT HIM HERE NOW!

Brady walks through the bushes and into the pool area.

Brady: Grandad, what the hell is going on?!

Victor looks at him in rage, his face still bright red.

Victor: YOU DAMN TRADER! YOU WOULD SELL MY COMPANY TO THAT SON OF A *****!
Brady: Grandad--
Victor: SHUT YOUR MOUTH!

Maggie, Justin and Daniel come rushing out.

Maggie: Victor!

He walks towards Brady.

Victor: YOU GET OFF MY DAMN PROPERTY NOW! I DISOWN YOU! YOURE DEAD TO ME!

He suddenly grabs his chest and starts to gasp. He falls to the ground with his mouth wide open.

Maggie: VICTOR!
Daniel: Someone call 911!

Daniel and Justin rush over to him, Philip takes out his phone and dials. Maggie falls to her knees crying. Brady looks at everyone in horror.

Philip: An ambulance is on the way!

He looks at Brady coldly. Brady turns and takes off running.

Oh, my gosh, oh, ...Will, you really are on a roll here. :clap:

(Dimera Mansion)

Stefano and Kate sit at a table outside, Harold is pouring them a glass of wine.

Stefano: Thank you Harold.
Kate: Yes thank you Harold, everything is lovely.

He nods and walks back inside. She looks at Stefano.

Kate: A candle light dinner outside on the patio? Whats the ocassion?

He smiles.

Stefano: Well, to put it simple, its wonderful to be alive!
Kate: Did Dr. Hayward call with good news?
Stefano: He did call in fact. Elvis is at the clinic and he plans to begin tomorrow morning.
Kate: Im glad they made it safe.
Stefano: As am I. But I do have something else on the horizen, something huge!
Kate: And that would be?
Stefano: You will find out very soon my darling. But trust me, it is reason to celebrate!

She knew exactly what he was talking about. She remembers finding the proposal and taking it to Philip. "He can never know it was me" she thinks to herself.

Stefano: Katherine! Hello?

She smiles and picks up her glass.

Kate: Then let the celebration begin!

They tap glasses and drink. Marco walks out.

Marco: Mr. Dimera, Im sorry to interrupt but can I have a word?

Stefano sighs and looks at Kate.

Stefano: I will be right back dear.

They walk inside, Stefano shuts the door.

Stefano: What the hell is it?! Cant you see Im having dinner with my wife?!
Marco: I apologize sir, but there is something you should know.
Stefano: It had better be good!
Marco: I was listening to the police scanner downstairs, an ambulance was summoned to the Kiriakis estate.
Stefano: An ambulance?!
Marco: I have already spoken to our contact at the hospital, Victor Kiriakis may have suffered a stroke.
Stefano: I see. Thank you Marco.

He walks off, Stefano looks outside at Kate.

Stefano: A stroke? Perhaps this is going to be easier than I thought.

(University Hospital)

Maggie, Philip, Justin, Adrienne, and Sonny are all in a private waiting room. Adrienne walks over with her phone in hand.

Adrienne: I called Bo. He, Hope, and Jennifer took Ciara to the South Point fair. Its a good drive, but they will be here as soon as possible.
Maggie: Thank you Adrienne.

Sonny walks over to Philip.

Sonny: What happened man? My dad wont tell me anything right now.
Philip: This really isnt the place to discuss it, but trust me, its bad.
Sonny: Well, let me know if there is anything I can do.
Philip: Thanks man. I will brief you in on everything later.

Justin sits down next to Maggie and puts his arm around her. She whipes the tears out of her eyes.

Maggie: I cant lose him Justin! I cant go through this again so soon!
Justin: You know Uncle Vic is a fighter, he has alot to live for with you by his side.

Adrienne sits down on the other side and takes her hand.

Adrienne: Lets say a prayer for him.

Inside the intensive care room Victor lays unconscious, Daniel is looking at the test results. He sighs and looks at him.

Daniel: You should have followed my orders earlier. But then again, you always do everything your way.

Thirty minutes later everyone is still waiting. The door opens and Caroline walks in with a covered basket. Maggie stands up.

Maggie: Caroline?
Caroline: Bo called and told me the awful news. I made up some sandwiches for everyone.
Maggie: I see.

She sits the basket on the table and looks at everyone.

Caroline: If everyone doesnt mind, I would like to say something.
Maggie: Of course.
Caroline: When trying moments such as this happen, it always makes me think about my own actions. And I owe this family an apology, especially Philip. My actions kept a father from his son and were nothing short of horrible. When Shawn died, Victor was there for me and helped me through some very dark days. And now I want to be here for him and his family.

Philip walks up and hugs her.

Philip: Thank you for coming Caroline, it means alot.

Maggie walks up and hugs her to.

Maggie: Youre a wonderful friend, thank you so much.

The door opens again, Daniel walks in.

Maggie: Daniel! How is Victor?

Everyone gathers around her.

Daniel: We got his blood pressure back down, his vitals are back to normal. It appears it was just a scare.
Maggie: Oh thank god!
Daniel: But the next few hours are critical, we need to keep him in a stress free environment. Even if everything goes well, I am going to keep him here for observation so he can get some much needed rest.
Maggie: Can we see him?
Daniel: I administered a relaxent, so he is going to be out for the next few hours. But after we move him to a recovery room, you can sit with him.

Outside in the hall Stefano and Kate walk up to the door.

Stefano: Katherine, why dont you go in and see Philip. My presense would not exactly be welcomed.
Kate: Thank you for bringing me here.
Stefano: Of course. You go on in, I have a couple calls to make anyhow.
Kate: I wont be long.

They kiss. She goes inside, he walks off down the hall. Philip walks up to her.

Philip: What are you doing here?
Kate: I heard what happened, I was worried about you.
Philip: Who told you?
Kate: Sweetie, you know who Im married to. If Stefano was in the hospital Victor would be informed somehow to.

He sighs.

Kate: How is your father?
Philip: Stable, but the next few hours are critical.

Across the room Maggie is standing with Adrienne.

Maggie: Oh I cant wait to see him! Thank god he is stable!
Adrienne: Im sure it wont be much longer.

The door opens again, everyone goes silent. Brady stands in the doorway, Maggie walks up to him.

Maggie: And what do you want?!
Brady: I came to see how my grandfather is doing.
Maggie: As if you care!

Justin and Philip walk up.

Justin: Brady, lets step outside.
Brady: What?! Am I not wanted here?
Justin: Outside now!

Brady, Justin, and Philip walk down the hall to the sitting area.

Brady: Will someone please tell me how Grandad is?!
Philip: Like Maggie said, as if you care.
Brady: I do!
Justin: Enough! Both of you!

Philip turns away, Justin looks at Brady.

Justin: Daniel said he is stable, but the next few hours are critical. They are moving him to recovery right now.
Brady: Good.
Justin: But, it is important that he remains in a stress free environment. And lets face it Brady, you being here right now makes that impossible.
Brady: So what are you saying Justin? That I should just leave?
Justin: Yes, it would be for the best.

Brady shakes his head.

Brady: So, this whole family has turned their backs on me?
Justin: Im not getting into this with you right now Brady. Please just leave.
Brady: And if I dont?
Justin: Then I will have security escort you out.

He walks off back down the hall towards the waiting room, Brady and Philip look at each other.

Philip: You say this family has turned their backs on you, but it seems the other way around to me.
Brady: Look, I did meet with Stefano, but you guys dont know the whole situation.
Philip: Frankly Brady, I dont give a damn. The fact that you would even give that s.o.b. the time of day is a betrayal.
Brady: Im doing what I have to to save Titan and this family!
Philip: And selling to Stefano is what you must do?
Brady: Its just an option! No decision has been made yet!
Philip: Dont insult my intelligence. Your mind is made up and we both know it.

Brady looks down at the floor.

Philip: So whats in it for you? A corrupt pardon from the ISA?

He looks back up at him.

Philip: Just get out of here Brady. Let us be.

Brady watches him walk off back down the hall. He sighs and walks over to the terrace exit. On the other side of the sitting room, Stefano walks out from around the corner smiling.

Stefano: Its time to go in for the kill.

Brady stands on the terrace, he closes his eyes as the breeze hits his face. The door opens.

Brady: Can I have privacy please!

He turns around to see Stefano.

Stefano: Im afraid that is not an option.

Back in the waiting room everyone is still standing around. Philip walks back in, Justin walks up to him.

Justin: Did Brady leave?
Philip: I think he got the message.
Justin: I hope so. I will call security if he comes back here.

Maggie stands up and takes off her jacket.

Maggie: Whew! Im feeling a little stuffy with all this waiting!
Adrienne: Are you ok?
Maggie: Oh yes, Im just gonna get some air.
Adrienne: Would you like me to come?
Maggie: No, you stay here with everyone. I actually need to call my manager at Chez Rouge.
Adrienne: Ok. I will come get you if Daniel comes back while you are gone.
Maggie: Thank you Adrienne.

She walks down the hall to the sitting area and over to the terrace exit. She notices the door cracked open and stops when she hears voices. She peeks out to see Brady and Stefano.

Stefano: Look, the clock is ticking here! I am offering you a way out!
Brady: Its not an easy decision!
Stefano: Why?! Because of your so called family? I heard the way Justin and Philip spoke to you inside! You call that loyalty?!

He sighs.

Stefano: As I said before, other than a change in ownership, everything will stay exactly the same.
Brady: I know what you have said!
Stefano: Then the time to act is now! There can be no more delays!

Brady looks at him, his face serious.

Brady: Youre certain you can get the ISA off my back?
Stefano: Brady. Contrary to our past differences, you are my nephew by blood. And to me, blood is always thicker than water! I take care of my own, and all I ask from you is the chance to prove it. Together, we will make our companies as strong as ever!

Stefano extends his hand. Brady takes a deep breath, he shakes it.

Stefano: So we have a deal?!
Brady: Yes, we have a deal.
Stefano: Bravo!

Maggie walks away from the door and back into the hall. She stares coldly at the wall.

Maggie: I dont think so!

"The plot thickens" she said, smiling, and rubbing her hands in glee........ :clap:

Great read so far. Glad to see Maggie on the case. Get em Maggie!

(Titan)

Brady sits at the desk in his office, he taps his fingers nervously on the surface. Across the room Gene Brisco sits at the conference table, he is reviewing the proposal. He takes off his glasses and looks at Brady.

Brady: Well?
Gene: As far as I can see it is legitimate, but remember these are only sheets of paper.
Brady: Meaning?
Gene: You know what I mean Brady, we are dealing with Stefano Dimera here.

Brady stands up.

Brady: Gene, Im not interested in your personal opinion of Stefano. All I care about is the proposal.
Gene: Then yes, everything seems in line.
Brady: Thank you. You can wait in the main conference room down the hall, Stefano will be here soon.

Outside in the hall Philip steps off the elevator. He sees Gene come out of Brady's office.

Philip: Gene.
Gene: Philip, its good to see you.
Philip: Yeah, I just wish it was under better circumstances.
Gene: I understand what you mean. Ive been your fathers attorney for many years, so I hope you wont mind when I say that your nephew is making a grave mistake here this morning.
Philip: The family couldnt agree more.
Gene: Im very sorry Philip. But I will be in the conference room if anyone needs me.

He walks off, Philip takes out his phone and dials Justins number. He only gets the voicemail.

Philip: Justin its Philip. I thought you were going to meet me at Titan this morning? Gene Brisco is already here, so it looks like everything is moving foward with Stefano. Give me a call back as soon as you get this.

He opens the door to Brady's office and walks in.

Brady: What do you want Philip?

Philip stares at him and shakes his head.

Philip: Your grandfather is laying in a hospital bed right now, and youre just minutes away from losing his company!
Brady: No, I am saving his company! That has been my intention all along.
Philip: If that was really your intention, you would have signed it back over to him when he secured the loan with Pierce Paulis!
Brady: Right. And then everyone would have lived happily ever after while I went to prison!
Philip: He would have hired the best defense team for you and you know it!

Brady shakes his head.

Brady: That would have guaranteed nothing!
Philip: But selling to Stefano Dimera does?
Brady: My mind is made up Philip. Now if you will excuse me, Im going to the conference room.

He walks out of the room, Philip sighs.

Philip: We need a miracle fast.

Downstairs, Stefano enters the lobby smiling, Grant Sullivan follows him in.

Grant: This is a grand structure Uncle Stefano.
Stefano: Indeed it is! And very soon Dimera Enterprises will be mounted on top!

They step into the elevator and press the button for the top floor. The door closes, they start to go up.

Stefano: Thank you again Grant for returning on such short notice.
Grant: My pleasure as always. I was just surprised at how soon you found this opportunity.
Stefano: Well, lets just say it fell into my lap. I simply could not pass it up.
Grant: I looked at the proposal again on the way over, it seemed even more flawless the second time.
Stefano: I am just glad that you are here, your expertise are truly appreciated.

The elevator door opens, they step off into the hall. Philip walks out of Brady's office.

Stefano: Ah Philip!
Philip: Stefano?
Stefano: I would just like to say that it will be a pleasure to work with my wifes son!
Philip: You go to hell.

Philip walks past him, Stefano smiles and shakes his head.

Stefano: Come Grant, they should be waiting for us in the conference room.

They walk inside, Brady and Gene are sitting at the table.

Stefano: Brady! Wonderful to see you again!

He stands up, they shake hands.

Brady: Likewise Stefano.
Stefano: This is Grant Sullivan, he will be representing I and Dimera Enterprises in the proceedings this morning.
Brady: Of course. And as Im sure you know, this is Gene Brisco my grandfathers long time attorney.
Stefano: How could I forget? A pleasure as always.
Brady: Uh, before we begin, why doesnt Gene take Mr. Sullivan down to my office, they can jointly review the proposal one more time.

A confused look comes over Stefano's face.

Stefano: Jointly review? Fine.

They leave, Stefano looks at Brady suspiciously.

Stefano: Would you mind explaining to me what that was all about?!
Brady: Before I sign the contract, Im going to need assurance.
Stefano: About?
Brady: You know damn well what about!
Stefano: Ah, the ISA.
Brady: Exactly!
Stefano: Well, then you obviously did not hear about Jairo Felipe.
Brady: What about him?!
Stefano: It seems he was consumed with guilt. He apparently committed suicide at some point during the night.

He takes out a picture and hands it to him. It is a picture of Jairo hanging in his cell, a sheet noosed around his neck. Brady looks at Stefano.

Stefano: However, the ISA still has his recorded confession, as well as the survelance footage from the compound with you on it. But once our deal is complete, I can ensure that those will cease to exist as well.

Brady shakes his head.

Brady: Well then, what are we waiting for?

Down the hall Philip stands in Victors office. He looks around the room and sighs.

Philip: Im sorry dad.

There is a knock at the door, it opens and Sonny pokes his head in.

Sonny: Philip, I thought maybe you would be in here.
Philip: Sonny! Have you seen your dad?

He shakes his head.

Sonny: He was already gone when I woke up this morning. I thought he would be at the hospital but he wasnt.
Philip: Man! I was hoping he would have found a legal loophole or something.
Sonny: Im sure he tried. I know he refused to represent Brady, but I hear Gene Brisco is.
Philip: Yeah, he is legally binded by his contract with Titan.
Sonny: Well, it was a smart move that we all agreed not to tell Uncle Vic about this. He still thinks my dad found that loophole.
Philip: So you came from the hospital?
Sonny: Yeah. Maggie was there but said she needed to take care of something. My mom is sitting with Uncle Vic right now.
Philip: Maggie needed to take care of something? Must be something with Chez Rouge.

Sonny looks around the office and shakes his head.

Sonny: Alot of memories in this building, especially in this office.

He looks at Philip.

Sonny: After D.A. Woods was voted out, Uncle Vic offered me a part-time position here while I finished college. I turned him down at the time, I thought the website would pan out. Now I wish I hadnt.
Philip: Hes proud of you Sonny, no matter what.

Back in the conference room, Brady and Gene sit on one side of the table, Stefano and Grant sit on the other.

Gene: Mr. Dimera, your counsel and I jointly reviewed the proposal at Mr. Black's request.
Grant: Yes, and we both agreed the terms are legitimate for both parties.
Stefano: Excellent! Then let us start the proceedings yes?
Brady: Yes, lets start.

The door to the room suddenly bursts open, Justin hurries in with a document in his hand.

Justin: Stop these proceedings at once!

Brady stands up, Stefano looks at Justin confused.

Brady: What are you doing Justin?!
Stefano: Yes! What the hell is going on?!

Justin holds up the document.

Justin: It appears that someone has filed a motion to contest your estate Stefano, including Dimera Enterprises.
Stefano: I dont know what sort of stunt youre trying to pull here Kiriakis, but you will not stop these proceedings!
Justin: Oh but I am. You see Stefano, the person contesting your estate just happens to be my newest client.

Maggie walks into the room, Brady looks at her confused.

Brady: Maggie?

Stefano throws his head back and laughs.

Stefano: Is this some sort of joke?
Maggie: Oh it isnt me Stefano. I am just here to show my support.
Stefano: Support? Support for whom?!

"That would be me" a voice says. They all look to see John Black standing in the doorway.

Yowza, yowza! Whahoo........the Calvary to the rescue. Yayyyyy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back