Unraveled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will would be the perfect headwriter for Days. I'm enjoying THIS story more than the actual show. Can't wait to read the next and the next and the next. . . .

One Week Later

(Kiriakis Mansion)

Maggie walks into the den with a vase of flowers, she sets it on the table by the window and sorts them out. Henderson walks in, Justin is behind him.

Henderson: Mr. Kiriakis is here.
Maggie: Thank you Henderson.

He leaves, Justin smiles.

Justin: I always tell him an introduction for me isnt necessary.
Maggie: You know Henderson, always set in his ways.
Justin: Very true. Has Uncle Vic come down yet?
Maggie: He's left already.
Justin: Really?
Maggie; Yes, said he had a meeting this morning.
Justin: Well, Im glad things are back on track business wise.

She smiles and takes his hand.

Maggie: Oh Justin, if it wasnt for you having your contact god knows what would have happened.
Justin: I was just doing the right thing. Uncle Vic may have his skeletons, but overall he is a good man.
Maggie: I know he may not say it or show it, but he is forever greatful to you and dont ever forget it.
Justin: As I know he is to you as well. After all, it was you that called John.
Maggie: Well, like you, I was just doing the right thing also.

They both smile and hug. Philip walks into the foyer carrying two suitcases.

Justin: Philip! Youre leaving today?

He walks into the den and shakes his head.

Philip: Yeah, I figured it was time I get back to Parker.
Justin: I can certainly understand that.
Maggie: Oh how I wish you were all still here in Salem.
Philip: Well, thats one wish thats going to be granted.

Maggie looks at him confused.

Philip: Once I get everything settled in Chicago, Im going to ask Chloe to move back here with us.
Maggie: Us?
Philip: Me and Parker. Ive decided that I want to work close with dad, I want to make sure he never goes through an ordeal like this again.
Maggie: You have told him yet?!
Philip: Not yet but I will.
Maggie: I know he is going to be thrilled!

They hug, Justin smiles.

(Town Square)

Kate stands outside the vacated Countess W office, she stares at the empty space through the glass.

Kate: Stefano wasted no time shutting everything down. What am I going to do now?

She then notices Victor's reflection in the glass, he is standing behind her. She sighs and turns around.

Kate: Victor.
Victor: Kate.
Kate: So is this what you do now? Stand and watch people?
Victor: Not hardly.
Kate: I heard about the merger with Basic Black, congratulations.
Victor: Thank you. But I must admit I heard something about you as well, that Stefano kicked you to the curb!

He laughs, a hurtful expression comes over her face.

Kate: Go ahead and gloat! You heartless--
Victor: Easy Kate!
Kate: What are you doing here anyways? Shouldnt you be at the office by now?
Victor: I have a meeting, and I suspect that you do as well?
Kate: And why would you suspect that?
Victor: Because Im the one who requested it.

She looks at him confused, he shakes his head and smiles. They walk over to a bench and sit down.

Kate: I assume this is about Philip?
Victor: Well, he and I did talk the other night. He actually made me realize a thing or two.
Kate: Im shocked.
Victor: Despite our past differences Kate, its a fact that you made a tremendous sacrafice when you went to Philip with Stefano's proposal.
Kate: Yes I did.
Victor: Basically, we would have lost Titan for certain if you had not did what you done.
Kate: What are you saying?
Victor: I want you to come back to Titan.

She gasps.

Victor: I will fund Countess Wilhelmina and open the office back up.

She starts to tear up, he smiles again.

Kate: Victor thank you!
Victor: I also understand that youve been staying at the Horton house with Jennifer?
Kate: Yes, Lucas made arrangements with her after I told him what had happened with me and Stefano.
Victor: Well, I would also like to invite you to move into the guest house at the estate until you get back on your feet.
Kate: Oh Victor! I dont know what to say.
Victor: Say yes, for Philip's sake at least.
Kate: Yes! Absolutely!
Victor: Good.

They both smile.

(Penthouse)

John stands outside on the balcony, he closes his eyes as the breeze hits his face. Two hands start to massage his shoulders from behind, he smiles and opens his eyes.

John: Good morning Doc.
Marlena: Good morning love.

He turns around, they kiss.

John: And how was your first night back in Salem?
Marlena: I was with the love of my life, so I slept like a baby.

They kiss again.

John: Im so glad youre back, this place just didnt feel like home without you.
Marlena: I missed you too.
John: Are you sure your parents are fine now?
Marlena: Yes, everything is much better. Plus Eric's company transferred him back to Colorado, he will be there to help now.
John: I really hated to leave early myself, but I had to come for Brady.
Marlena: Yes I agree. I just wish you had told me the truth originally.
John: You had enough to worry about, I didnt want to bring Stefano back into your life.
Marlena: But I love Brady to. It kills me that I wasnt here for him.
John: Nothing would have saved him Doc, trust me when I say that.

He walks to the other side of the room.

John: Vic and his entire family tried, then Maggie called me and I tried. He was a complete stranger this time.
Marlena: It sounds very awful. But at the same time I wish that I was here regardless.
John: Yeah I know. I just did what I thought was right.

She smiles and rubs his face.

Marlena: I know you did, and thats why I love you.

They kiss again, he sighs.

John: Its just killing me Doc, that I dont know where he is.
Marlena: Have you called the ISA again?

He shakes his head.

John: Theres just no point. They dropped the charges after the evidence vanished, plus Shane is back in LA. I really have no allie there at this point.
Marlena: What about Victor?
John: He has made inquiries, they are trying to locate Dimera.
Marlena: I see. You said his last known where abouts was Pine Valley?
John: Yes, thats where he was going the night Brady escaped. Shane was able to confirm that EJ is at a clinic there.
Marlena: And he hasnt returned since?
John: No. Roman has been stopping by the mansion every day, no sign of him.
Marlena: Im not surprised. He clearly has an agenda.
John: Yes, and that agenda is my son. The snake played it perfectly, went in for the kill when he was in shambles!
Marlena: But no matter what happens, there is one thing Stefano can never change about Brady.

He looks at her.

Marlena: He can never change the fact that he is your son. And despite what crisis he is going through, I know deep down that Brady will never fully trust him.
John: I hope youre right Doc. I hope youre right.
Marlena: I know I am.
John: I will never give up on him Doc. I will find him, if its the last thing I do.

She walks over, they hug.

John: I love you so much.
Marlena: I love you to.

(Omerta, Italy, Dimera Estate)

Brady sits at the table on the balcony, he looks at the latest edition of the Global Business Journal. John and Victor are on the cover, the headline "Epic Merger: Titan Industries & Basic Black" is above them. He sits the journal down and takes a sip of coffee. He gets up and walks back inside, the door opens and Stefano walks in.

Stefano: Ah Brady!
Brady: Stefano.
Stefano: I trust you are ready for our first business meeting today?
Brady: Yes, I have my projections already documented.
Stefano: Marvelous! I have a wonderful feeling that our operations here are about to become epic!
Brady: I couldnt agree more.

Petrov walks in with a sealed packet.

Petrov: This just arrived sir.
Stefano: Ah thank you Petrov.

He takes the packet, Petrov leaves. He looks at Brady and extends it to him.

Stefano: Open it.

Brady takes it, Stefano walks to the other side of the room. He opens the packet and pulls out Jairo's written confession and a small tape.

Stefano: I have upheld my end of our bargain yes?

Brady looks at him, he shakes his head. Stefano takes a portrait of a Phoenix off the wall to reveal a hidden wall safe.

Stefano: Now, even though we have our newly found alliance, neither of us will forget our previous positions with one another. So to protect my interest, that evidence is my collateral.
Brady: What are you saying Stefano?
Stefano: Well, its quite simple. Since the charges against you have been dropped, you could easily abandon our agreement. However, with this evidence now in my posession, do not ever forget that I can reverse everything with the snap of my finger. Understood?

Brady walks over to him.

Brady: Yes, understood.
Stefano: Excellent! Now put the evidence back in the packet and place it in the safe please.

He does it, Stefano shuts and locks the safe. He looks back at Brady.

Stefano: Now, let us make history together yes?
Brady: Absolutely.
Stefano: Good. We will be leaving for our meeting soon.
Brady: I will wait downstairs.

He puts on a pair of sunglasses and walks out of the room. Stefano smiles and pours a brandy. He walks out onto the balcony and sees the Global Business Journal. He laughs softly as he stares at it.

Stefano: You may have won the battle by saving Titan John, but I win the war by taking your son.

He inhales the fresh air and looks at the scenary around the estate. He raises the brandy.

Stefano: Salute Omerta! Its good to be back!

THE END

Fantastic! What an absolutely terrific story. Thank you! :clap: :hug:

Thank you everyone for the wonderful comments, and again thank you to all for taking the time out of your busy schedules to read, it is truly humbling. The comments and views are always what keeps me motivated, and I just hope the story was at least somewhat entertaining. As for a possible sequel, I will be the first to admit the door is wide open for it in the future. But the way I chose to end is exactly what I envisoned before I started. We all know Stefano gets what he wants most times, at least for a time being :wink:

Will, I read the entire story and it was wonderful. The dialogue and the twists were so enjoyable. Seriously, if you wrote for the show, I'd be a happy fan right now. :love: You should be very proud of your work. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back