Vindictive Sami

As for the children suffering because of Sami's current actions towards EJ and him going to jail: Those kids, including forgotten Allie were continually traumatized through her ongoing relationship with EJ. I find it hard to believe that Johnny and Allie just suddenly got over the reality of what EJ did to Sami, Rafe and Allie through his actions with Fake Rafe, not to mention faking Sydney's death and allowing all of them to believe that she'd died.

And even if Johnny supposedly is okay with it all at the moment, he might have second thoughts once he's old enough to understand the full consequences of EJ placing Fake Rafe in Sami's bed for months, along with how he was conceived.

As far as I've been reading, Sami didn't fake the evidence against EJ, she just brought it to light and handed it over. EJ is only good for those kids when he has what he wants, when he doesn't have what he wants, they suffer his collateral damage until he gets what he wants. That is not a good father providing a stable life for his kids. Heck, from those standards, no criminal should go to jail because his or her family will miss them.

I think there are 2 different arguments going on here. One is whether Jen was right to defend Abby against Sami in her home which I think she was. The second is whether Abby deserves Sami's wrath, which I think she does. Just because Sami's justified doesn't mean Jen should just step aside and let her throttle Abby.

I agree with cryin4days. Jenn has every right to defend her daughter in the heat of the situation. It is Jennifer's house (or she's in charge of maintaining the Horton house while living there). As far as Abigail still living there as her somehow not being independent? What about EJ? He's still living at home with Daddy (well, he would be if he wasn't in jail).

It's also the convenience of the low budget to have less sets to use and to keep everyone living in the same places. Sure, she's graduated college already and should be in an apartment on her own, and like it was mentioned the rest of her peer group is out on their own. But I don't see her still living at home as a major condemnation against her.

As far as Jenn thinking that EJ forced Abigail or took advantage of her...gee, it would be totally out of character for EJ to do such a thing! :sarcasm: So I don't fault Jennifer for reacting that way at first. As far as comforting her after, I don't have a problem with that either.

Sami is definitely justified in her anger. I saw more rage, or less control over that anger, against Abigail than EJ. Sami was cold and calculating with EJ and she was fiery and in-her-face with Abigail. So that could be seen as Abigail getting more the brunt of the anger.

But I think overall the revenge will hurt EJ a lot more than it will Abigail. She'll have embarrassment and humiliation and maybe Ben will be upset that she wasn't truthful with him--but I don't seem him walking away from her completely. EJ will lose Sami, the kids, the company, his freedom, and everything he has been trying to hold onto.

I would have loved if Abigail would have stood up to Samantha and told her, your man would not have come looking if you were keeping him satisfied, and then threw Sami out of her house. Alas I do not write for days so I can only dream.

How is this any different from any other third party breaking up an argument they're witness to, regardless of who's right or wrong, regardless of age. Eric has done it time and time again recently with Nicole and Marlena. He's done it with Sami and Nicole. Marlena has done it in the past with Sami and Will. No one has just stood around and let 2 people just go at each other, or let one person tear down the other,without interfering, unless you count the many times EJ has been called out for his crimes with an audience. If Sami wanted a clear path to Abby with no interruptions, she should have just summoned her over to the mansion. Yes, Abby lives there but that house belongs to Jennifer so her interfering and kicking Sami out was well within her right and the right thing to do.

It's not that I think Jen should have allowed Sami to berate her daughter, necessarily. It just would have been nice to see Jen being anything other than overbearing and naive when it comes to her children. Her consolation speech to Abby was even harder to stomach. Abby doesn't need to be "there, there"ed here. She needs someone to be honest and firm about her behavior. Especially considering Jen's willingness to judge other women in relationships (think Eve, Chloe, Nicole, etc. etc.), she's being awfully hypocritical on issues of values when it comes to her own children. She was harder on JJ just a year ago.

I would have loved if Abigail would have stood up to Samantha and told her, your man would not have come looking if you were keeping him satisfied, and then threw Sami out of her house. Alas I do not write for days so I can only dream.

Gross. I would have preferred her to say, "I did it, I'm sorry, I can't take it back. Will hurting me undo the damage? No. Now get out of my house." Straight, factual, to the point.

It was clear today that Jennifer believed Abby was wrong to have an affair, especially with EJ. But Abby is sorry, apologized and regrets it, had moved on with Ben since the incident happened months ago. There is not much else she can do. Plus, Abby is a grown woman who must sometimes make her own mistakes and learn from them. I think Jennifer was more hurt that Abby didn't tell her sooner.

By the way, loved Jennifer's lines about Sami's hypocrisy in today's episode, something about throwing stones.

It was clear today that Jennifer believed Abby was wrong to have an affair, especially with EJ. But Abby is sorry, apologized and regrets it, had moved on with Ben since the incident happened months ago. There is not much else she can do. Plus, Abby is a grown woman who must sometimes make her own mistakes and learn from them. I think Jennifer was more hurt that Abby didn't tell her sooner.

By the way, loved Jennifer's lines about Sami's hypocrisy in today's episode, something about throwing stones.

This is not about Sami's mistakes, though she gets called on them all the time so I think Abby should take the heat also, she is in the wrong here NOT Sami!

Sami stupidly and selfishly cheated on Rafe with EJ when she thought Johnny was dead, and in Sami's own words, it cost her everything, it was one of the worst nights of her life, and she hated what she had done. This is why I don't believe for a moment when Sami got another chance with Rafe that she would have thrown it away to be with EJ. In 2010, before Sami even knew EJ was behind Sydney's kidnapping, EJ kept begging Sami to marry him, and Sami kept turning him down because she was in love with Rafe.

The evidence against EJ that Sami supplied to the police is real. Sami hasn't done anything wrong (for once). She is simply exposing EJ and Abby. Johnny and Sydney will be better off without EJ and Stefano's influence. Like Will said the best times of their (including his) lives were when Sami was married to Rafe. That was a happy family. Sami's apartment was covered with pictures of Rafe, Sami, and the children laughing, smiling, and doing things as a family.

The worst night of her life and yet she sat at the Brady pub and giggled with EJ about how great the sex was. (Not a good look for your supposed heroine).

Sami cheated on EJ with Lucas when they were first married. But of course, Sami was forced to marry EJ to end the feud between their families. The man she really loved and had previously been happily married to was Lucas. So, nothing wrong with that, especially considering the awful things EJ had done to her recently. The second time Sami cheated was on Rafe with the grief sex. The third time was when her and EJ almost romped in the safehouse after the DAYSaster, since she was in a relationship with Lucas at the time. And to further show her lack of faithfulness, just after EJ left and fell into Ian's trap, Sami began flirting with Rafe. So she wasn't really that faithful to either Lucas OR EJ at that time.

Don't forget kissing Rafe in the locker room and wanting more whilst she was engaged to EJ 2010.

Back