War in Israel

soapnut

Reaction score
Surprise infiltration from Gaza, 150 dead (as of now), 1000 injured, more than 50 hostages taken from towns in the south. Our Daysdegrassi lives on a kibbutz just one kilometer away from the Gaza border and it doesn't appear he has posted here since the war began early this morning. Prayers for him and for his family and neighbors and all in Israel.

Last edited:
Prayers for peace to both DaysD and Soapnut, and of course to their families both here and abroad. Sending love and prayers to all for a speedy and fair resolution to the problems in the Mideast. Most especially prayers and strength to the children of the areas effected.

Thank you everyone. Soapnut, I am hoping your loved ones remain safe. I am trying to find a way back to Israel and the reserves. It is difficult because most flights are canceled, but Israel’s Foreign Ministry is helping to coordinate the return of civilians abroad.

My brother and sister-in-law live in a town called Hadera (where I spent a year and a half), which is about a 45-minute drive north of Tel Aviv and safe from the rockets. If Hezbollah joins the fight, they will be in danger.

Unfortunately some of my friends gave me bad news. One said that her cousin is believed to have been kidnapped to Gaza. Two other friends have lost buddies of theirs in the attack, and someone I know from the army appears also to have been kidnapped. Another person on our kibbutz—a year younger than I, a fun-loving newly-wed—was killed preventing the terrorists from entering the kibbutz. Israel’s death toll now is 800 people lost. We expect it to climb higher—-but we also know that we will win this war and finish off these monsters.

*Edited to add: the Israeli death toll is currently 900, and the IDF says they have information on all of the hostages. They also say no more terrorists are crossing the border, though the army is still double-checking communities nearby. My kibbutz had a view of a certain portion of Gaza---apparently, that area has now been largely leveled by the Israeli Air Force.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone.

I will be flying out on Wednesday. Not sure how often I'll be able to post, but I'll post on here when I can with any updates. Of course, I'll also notify when I can start doing the summaries again as well--and when I am back in the USA.

Back