warning........big rant

I agree with a lot of the points posted above. The main reason I wanted the new writers was so they could redeem the characters that had become so unlikeable during the last regime. Unfortunately, that did not happen.

Instead of trying to fix Eric and Nicole's relationship, the new writers continued with Daniel and Nicole and had Eric driven to drinking which culminated in the crash on NYE and Daniel's death. Now Nicole has neither man as Eric awaits sentencing and the whole town is devastated at the loss of Dan the Tan Man.

The new writers ruined Aiden so that Bo could return to Hope. The problem was that Peter Reckell (Bo) had no intention of staying long term, so Bo and Hope got one day of romance and love before Bo died. Now Hope has neither man and vowed revenge on Stefano and even killed him. The irony is I don't believe he was responsible for Bo's kidnapping. Now Hope has lost her two most viable romance pairings and the writers are pushing her together with Rafe, a man who is not much older than her son. Instead of ruining Aiden, the writers could have pushed him to the backburner while Bo and Hope reunited, and after Bo passed, slowly built the romance back up with Aiden.

Inconsistent writing for Rafe. He did so good last fall working on the Necktie Killer case, then after Bo's death, he dropped all interest in that case and began focusing all his attention on Hope, allowing Lani as a rookie cop to come in and take down Ben (not very realistic).

No followup to the reveal of Ben as the Necktie Killer. I would have liked to see Eve's reaction to the news after she went in to rant at Chad. They could have brought Lucas out from where they are hiding him to react to Ben killing Will. I never got to see Justin with egg on his face after going after Chad.

The SORASing of the teens. I did not mind them aging Joey. We barely saw him as a child so it made sense to make him a teen, although they should have done it when they aged JJ so he would have had someone in his age group other that the recurring group they surrounded him with (oh, and Paige). Same with Claire, although it's a little harder with her as Shawn and Belle are only in their 30s. Theo was fine too since he wasn't on a lot as a kid. However, I found it very jarring to age Ciara and Chase when just a few weeks before they were portrayed as ten years old. I would have preferred they kept Lauren Boles as Ciara at least through Bo's death, then while Hope was dealing with her issues of losing both husbands, Ciara could have been away at boarding school off-site for a few months, then they could have brought her on later this year as a teen.

I do not like Belle this time around. I only remember teen Belle but this woman is very selfish and does not seem to care about her daughter at all. I think she's trying to tie with Sami for worst mother of the year award. And what is the deal with her whining about Shawn divorcing her when she's the one who cheated? Then she tried to go to bed with Chad and did fly to Vegas and cheated on Shawn with Philip. I am so ready for her to go join Sami or just leave Salem.

I also want to see more extended family scenes. I liked Steve holding baby Thomas the other day and talking to Abby. Now can he go visit Adrienne? Can Lucas check on Jennifer after the accident? Can Doug or Julie follow up on Hope after losing both husbands?

Oh, and if Dena Higley loves Tamara Braun so much to bring her back on the show as Ava, can we just get rid of Ava and let the actress come on as Taylor Walker so Nicole will have some family in town? I am so sick of Ava and her games with Steve and Kayla and now Joey. Poor Joey with his first "love". The show loves the cougar scenario. First Brady with Kristen, Rafe with Kate, JJ with Eve, and now Joey with Ava. I just hope they leave Joey's infatuation as just that and do not go any further in that.

I also want to see more Lucas, Paul, and Adrienne. I like JJ and Gabi together but they are not shown very much and I would like to see an outing with them taking Arianna out. If JJ is going to go out with a single mom they need to show him with the baby. They also hardly have Ari on anymore.

I also want to see more Lucas, Paul, and Adrienne. I like JJ and Gabi together but they are not shown very much and I would like to see an outing with them taking Arianna out. If JJ is going to go out with a single mom they need to show him with the baby. They also hardly have Ari on anymore.

Yes!! I just mentioned in the Herandez Family post that we have not seen Arianna in a while! She would brighten up the place a little! How cute it would be to have Lucas bring Arianna over to meeet Thomas?

The new writers' material did not begin to air until the lst of September. And the focus then had to be on writing the return of Peter Reckell as Bo, and Steven Nichols as Patch. Plus, the big lead up to the 50th, which was in November. Meanwhile, what was "inherited" was the necktie killer storyline, along with the orders that various characters had to be written out, the arrival of certain vets.....and then of course The Holidays.

I think that while initially, the two new headwriters were on the same page in what they wanted to do/write for Days, they differed greatly on how to accomplish it. Thus, we eventually learned one went on a leave of absence, and another writer was brought on from another soap. That was Sony who did that. Would we all not like to be privy to what goes on behind the scenes? LOL.
Ms. Higley went on leave in August. Therefore we are still seeing stories for which she wrote or for which she was responsible. With Days filming schedule, that should be over within the next week or two.
We have already been aware of cut scenes, dropped storyline. Hopefully, there are no more deaths with Daniel & Stefano both gone now.

But all that has gotten us upset has had to also have the suits scrambling as well. They get to do it long before we even see a scene. Heck, the gal who does the preview clips/photos must not get the "end" show, because that is how we have seen photos of cut scenes. Hopefully, next month, we will see things moving along much better than we have the last couple of months.

I have been watching Days since the 60's. I had to miss episodes in the days prior to DVR but I always kept up. I still love the show but I had very high hopes for better stories with the new writers, maybe my hopes were just too high. I sure hope things start to improve soon or I don't know if the show will even be renewed.

I am ok with Ciara pushing Rafe & Hope together because: My Mom & Dad had been married for over 50 years when Mom died. Dad was a mess, a broken man. He wound up meeting a woman just months after and he became a like a giddy teenager. It was wonderful seeing him happy again. I believe that is what Ciara wants for her Mom, to be happy.

Now I am still in the air whether I want them as a couple.

Oh, my gosh.....sportzgirl..same thing happened with my best friend when her mother died. I remember that all were glad Dad was happy again, but when he wanted to marry just 4 months or so after, they protested he wait a year. He did. Was very happy and everyone liked her, so all was well.

I don't know about this Hope thing. The show had her divorcing Bo, moving on with Aiden, being really very happy. Until the wedding night. Now Bo suddenly is back, but only for a couple days. So this whole "revenge" thing seemed rather out of place to me.
Is someone supposed to murder Eric now, because Daniel died? Bad enough Andre' is going on the warpath, heck, it is even worse that he is so insistent that Stefano was murdered and by whom......without a single shred of proof. Ugh.

I was just listening to Rafe tell Hope they will be pouring concrete tomorrow, the day after they blew up the building, and I just lost it!!! Hello!!??? It would take weeks to clear out the debris!!!! I almost can't take it any more. The storylines are just plain boring and stupid to say the least!!! I had hope for awhile, but I am ready to just take it off my DVR....again. I have better things to do with my time then watch this crap!!! It makes me sad what they are doing to this once great show.

Awww, this is Salem. First, the bldg was probably only a story or two high. Next, they had a fleet of end loaders and huge trucks to clean up that debris immediately. Probably worked til late night, then installed the forms for the concrete. LOL
C'mon. In a town with special water, money trees, instant college degrees, a few months of medical training to elevate ordinary people to doctors & nurses..it is a snap to take a bldg down, have someone inside who doesn't even get a broken pinkie finger, and get it all cleared up ready to "pour concrete" the next morning.
:sarcasm:

I threw in the towel and stopped watching about two weeks ago. I still check in here to read the spoilers and follow the myriad cast changes. I'm thinking about taking a break and coming back in the summer when hopefully that have their stuff sorted out. But quite frankly at the rate their going, the show will be unrecognizable by June.

Back