SPOILER !! Week April 3

If I behaved as badly as Rachel when I was her age, I probably would have spent my next birthday in the hospital. Her grandmother is a psychiatrist for Pete's sake! I know Marlena has been busy being dead and all but, as a professional, she should have seen this and urged Brady to do something. I worked with troubled children and most of them responded positively to someone who showed them kindness and affection.

I have two (grown) children. If they had ever acted that disrespectfully to an adult, they would have been punished. Not spanked, I was beaten as a form of discipline, but there would have been severe consequences. It would not have happend a second time!
I have run into that attitude at one time or another with my 3 sons. There were consequences; I never beat them but they lost a lot of privileges and had chores added. It usually worked. I am now dealing with a 30 year old grandson pulling some of the same thing at times. He lives with me. Well, he ALSO has learned Grandma does not put up with that behavior. I don't care if he is 30 AND engaged, as long as he lives under my roof, there WILL be consequences.

I don't mince words when I talk to him either; I tell him like it is. SURPRISE! He does listen and will straighten up and fly right. We have a great relationship generally, laughing and joking, etc. But, he has learned there are consequences for certain behaviors. He is doing so much better since I decided NOT to put up with it. I hesitated at first since I know he had witnessed and been through some really tough times in the Navy. He definitely has PTSD.

But, I did tell him, he can either keep using that as an excuse and behave like a jerk or he can choose to get help, accept help and get better. Fortunately he listened. He is now in therapy. He came to me last night at bedtime and gave me a HUGE hug and said he was sorry and so glad I haven't given up on him. Keep him in your prayers, please. Name is Austin.

Nanahl, when my daughter turned 18, she thought she could do whatever she wanted whenever she wanted. I was beginning to think she hadn't learned a thing. I told her that as long as she was living under our roof she lived by our rules. If she didn't like that, she could move out and live on her own.

There were things that husband and I would just not tolerate and that there would be consequences if she broke the rules. Our rules were pretty simple for her. For example, curfew was flexible but please let us know if you are going to be really late. I think that she was testing us because she seemed relived and all went well until she was able to move out on her own.

Rachel is probably a lost cause. Her mother is a psychotic criminal and her father is a wimpy horndog.

When I talk of the depth of snow and why it takes so long for it to all be gone.........

339419932_747015990299121_4774105249215923002_n.jpg

The Northern Way of Life

Putting laundry on the line in Northwest Wisconsin
Near Rice Lake, WI

Not sure where to put my new speculation. So in case it pans out, I'll put it here in the Crystal Ball. haha.

I'm watching Friday's show at this very moment and it just occurred to me, if Harris was also "brainwashed" by Megan or "under Megan's spell" or whatever it was, did he KNOW that Bo was alive? And still pursued a relationship with Hope?? Or was that part of Megan's "brainwash" that didn't wear off because Hope keeps rekindling it, or something? I feel like Harris knew about Bo and kept it secret because he wanted to be with Hope. Megan used this to her advantage. That's why the "erasing of the brainwash" didn't erase the feelings for Hope. But did it erase his knowledge of Bo???

Harris' whole reason for being brainwashed was to get involved with Hope and kill her, but he couldn't go through with it. Well, technically he did, Hope died, went to Heaven and reunited with Bo. Bo had been given the miracle of returning to earth and be alive, but he asked for it to be given to Hope. They had a last dance, and she was told she wouldn't remember her time in Heaven with Bo, then she was returned to earth and time was rewound so that she hadn't been shot. Thomas Banks then shot Harris (who took the bullet for Hope).

That's not to say it can't be rewritten to show that Harris did, in fact, know that Megan had Bo on ice, ready to be resurrected after she obtained the prisms to cure his brain tumor.

Back