SPOILER !! Week Aug 14

It is very possible the summary will contain lines as Gwen, Leo and Dimitri blah blah in the hotel room, as I'm almost certain for at least 3 scenes it will be basically the same dialog but in a different order.

The story would have been so much better if Gwen had been in on it from the beginning. She still could have flaunted it in Xander's face and the rest of the town, then at the end of a year or so split with her agreed upon share and disappear. The current story makes limited sense.

With the wreckage found in the Mediterranean, unless Vic could swim to shore, or was able to jump before the crash, parachute.........heck, what about the pilot??? His body??

Just hope that the show does justice for Victor.

Would have loved a small Greek dance in his honor....tho probably none of the cast is able, and the show would not pay for any royalties. I can hear the melody in my mind, don't know the name.....but Anthony Quinn did it in Zorba the Greek. Maybe with just a few of his family......but.....wishful thinking, for sure.
Knowing the writers, they might have had Vic parachute out of the crippled plane, land on a small Greek island and make friends with the goat that terrified Lani.

As for things Greek, they could have had a small funeral presided over by the Greek Orthodox bishop of Salem, followed by a reception where the mourners could have dined on some of Vic’s favorite Greek specialties. (Imagine Xander scarfing up lots of on gyros, chicken souvlaki, and spinach pie.)

It looks like with the plane wreckage and missing body, they unfortunately could drag "Victor is presumed dead" storyline to 2024 even if they wanted to, sadly ugh. A nice memorial would have been much better suited for John Aniston (Victor) with him dying from natural causes instead, with some stress from Bo in a coma causing some of it. That way it would be much more believable and less Daphne DiMeraish.

With plane wreckage found in a huge body of water, bodies could be anywhere, miles from wreckage. That is not unusual. Mediteranean Sea is 965,300 miles long. Depth runs 5 miles. It is connected to the Atlantic Ocean. Heck, they located the Titantic and have not found all the bodies.

Agree Victor & his portrayer John Aniston deserve better. Maybe the ex-producer preferred something more exciting or mysterious!

I guess we're supposed to pretend the off-screen family members are close to the folks we see all the time, maybe keeping in touch via phone calls, texting, emails, video calls, etc. But it's hard to see Alex so emotional when we hadn't seen him in Salem since he was a toddler, so we never saw or heard of any interaction between him, Victor and Maggie.

I hated that they broke away from real family to show Ben, er, Alex. But I’m all for a mystery that brings fresh characters and focuses on Victor. I know others disagree, but I think a dramatic soap death with mystery is the highest compliment. That his death would matter enough to take up so many resources is a testament to the character. I hope that’s what happens.

I enjoyed seeing Gabi try to trick Rachel. She’s not a regular kid. She’s a little schemer like her Mom. I don’t feel bad about her getting pumped for info. I hope Gabi uncovers the truth.

With plane wreckage found in a huge body of water, bodies could be anywhere, miles from wreckage. That is not unusual. Mediteranean Sea is 965,300 miles long. Depth runs 5 miles. It is connected to the Atlantic Ocean. Heck, they located the Titantic and have not found all the bodies.

Agree Victor & his portrayer John Aniston deserve better. Maybe the ex-producer preferred something more exciting or mysterious!
The Mediterranean Sea covers an area of 2,509,000 sq km (969,000 sq mi). It has an eastern to western extent of 3,900 km (2,400 mi) and a maximum width of 1,600 km (990 mi). It has a maximum depth of about 16,000 ft.

I thought 965,300 was way too long for the Mediteranean Sea and 5 miles was too deep!

Back