SPOILER !! Week Aug 14

Strongly agree. Why couldn’t they have Victor die with dignity at home, mourned by friends and family? Being killed in a plane crash is mire suitable for the likes of Megan, Orpheus, or Clyde.

As for Abe wanting his job back, if creepy acting mayor Clint balks, Sloan can help her rep by riding to the rescue. This kind of case is beyond the abilities of bumbling barrister Justin or the legally clueless Belle.

I think it's better this way. It would be weird if he had a health issue but we were unable to see it unfold. The only option would be a sudden heart attack and I'm not sure that's much different than what they have planned.

And it can happen so unexpectedly... even when awake.....fav restaurant up here, owned by this German couple, delightful people. One evening, while watching TV, he got up to get something, walked a few steps, appeared to stumble, fell down. Wasn't getting up, wife teases him, you just gonna lay there, better get up, commercial is going to end. He doesn't move, she tells him c'mon now, enough is enough....and.....well, he was gone. Quite the shock. Whatever happened caused him to fall, but he was already on his way to heaven before he hit the carpet........

I do wish Victor's demise had been worked out differently than we will be seeing. And I understand fully why his daughter is not happy with it at all.

The problem is.........the writers have no idea how to write something for characters who we have enjoyed all these years, but have aged. They do not seem to have the vision, or imagination of the writers who were able to do so for Tom & Alice, Shawn & Caroline, Stefano..... Thus John & Marlena, Doug & Julie, Maggie, all shoved on the back burner. John & Marlena have so much family and should be the "go to" adults now. Doug & Julie should be running a "see the sights of Salem" business, with lots of stories for the tourists.

Roman runs the Pub, but Kate is now along side him. Eric should be running the Pub, Lucas could be running the B&B, Nicole should have a upbeat clothing store, The show needs to give the next generation something viable to do. And since adventures like in the past are no longer possible with the budget, then something else close to home. Put on the thinking caps, writers!!!!

I guess I just like the idea that Victor was off doing something. Although it is correct that the writing seemed to be setting us up for a died in his sleep situation. I suppose that's really where my issue is. We all knew John Aniston (Victor) wasn't working much and personally I would have been fine with them writing like he was off working or whatever. It's a character I would have given a pass to being obviously missing. Honestly I had always assumed we were going to get Maggie just waking to him having passed away in his sleep.

Truly would have preferred Victor passing away in his sleep. John Aniston passed away last November....it's a shame they could not do something better..........just hoping they honor him in a big way for Victor's funeral.

Maggie looks back on Suzanne Rogers’ 50th anniversary.
Let me guess - she'll celebrate her 50th week at Titan?

It'd be funnier if she looks dead on at the camera and says, "I should have left this place 10 years ago."

Victor dying in a plane crash makes no sense because they don't have the budget to do a big search that forces Philip/Brady/Shawn-D to work together to find him/search for him. I too hope they make it definitive.

I agree, both Victor and Maggie should each get a full hour episode, one memorializing Victor and one celebrating Maggie’s 50th anniversary on Days.

Perhaps Neil Curtis can come back to Salem and he and Maggie can rekindle their relationship. (Too soon??)

Back