SPOILER !! Week Aug 16

I don't understand Tamara coming on and verifying with Abe that Lani was his daughter...if it was all a lie that Tamara was her mother, why didn't she just make up someone to say he's the dad, she could have said he was deceased or something...this just doesn't make sense.. And I agree, Abe doesn't deserve this...

Oh, could not agree more. Don't know what happened, as Sheri was "Consultant" along with Ryan Quan, but after a couple months, she left. She has never said why.
I don't know if she has been asked to take on headwriter, said no thank you, or if she was only asked about consulting. But she was the best when she did it before.

My sentiments exactly. I can't understand getting rid of the keeper of the history (Greg Meng) and the creator of most of the history of the present characters (Sheri).
It seemed they both left under a cloud of hard feelings that no one is talking about.

Changing Lani's paternity to suit a writer's whim is nonsensical trash. While sometimes things get changed, Ron acts like nothing written is ever solid. How can he not see how that ultimately erodes viewer connection, trust, and loyalty over time? I don't get attached to anything because tomorrow entire family trees can get re-routed. I hate this. HATE. HATE. HATE.

And what's worse is it's not like there are wonderful, well-written payoffs for these changes. He'll change a major piece of Days history (not that Lani's paternity is that big, but Abe is a major character) for some dumb plotline that's over and done with in a few months, but then the fabric of the show is permanently changed.

Changing Lani's paternity to suit a writer's whim is nonsensical trash.
I agree. And it's not just his whim, it's his ego, since he wanted these actresses and wrote this story for them.

This is just like when they rewrote Daniel as Maggie's eggbaby to suit the actress's wishes.

I agree with the above posts about Lani being changed from Abe's daughter to Paulina's. Abe is a veteran character on the show, and while I like Jackee Harry (Paulina) as an actress, Paulina is still a brand new character on the show which lowers Lani's status on the show (it was pretty low before). It also means, since Theo is leaving, that Abe will not have any children in Salem now and that Carver and Jules are not his grandchildren.

Now that Ben and Ciara are reunited, if they are going to stay in town, please let them be doing something other than showing them in bed all of the time. Have both of them actually finding a job and working (and not with Ciara in that nepotistic job at Titan with Philip and Gabi, she should have a position where she works herself up). Ben could work with John and Steve at BlackPatch since they are both a little too old to do the fieldwork.

Link to NBC spoiler pics

I agree with the above posts about Lani being changed from Abe's daughter to Paulina's. Abe is a veteran character on the show, and while I like Jackee Harry (Paulina) as an actress, Paulina is still a brand new character on the show which lowers Lani's status on the show (it was pretty low before). It also means, since Theo is leaving, that Abe will not have any children in Salem now and that Carver and Jules are not his grandchildren.

Now that Ben and Ciara are reunited, if they are going to stay in town, please let them be doing something other than showing them in bed all of the time. Have both of them actually finding a job and working (and not with Ciara in that nepotistic job at Titan with Philip and Gabi, she should have a position where she works herself up). Ben could work with John and Steve at BlackPatch since they are both a little too old to do the fieldwork.
Indeed, poor Abe. This change is not needed and disrespects Abe's legacy character status.

Great idea, Ben joining BlackPatch as a field agent could prove quite interesting.

Are there any spoilers about Sarah Horton? Did I miss something. Is she off the show?

Back