SPOILER !! Week Aug 22

But Julie didn't have sex with Hope (although she did marry her former stepfather, Doug).

I was talking about legally related relatives hooking up on Days. Heck, at one point, Sami and Lucas were legally step-siblings (when Roman and Kate were married).

Especially since they were raised as cousins (Alex's stepmom is Adrienne; Stephanie's dad is Steve). Just like Max being a legal Brady who dated Stephanie and Chelsea; both girls are his nieces.
Great minds, JS.
Sami and Lucas were legally step-siblings
But, they were adults when their parents married. To me the big issue is when there's a familial relationship during childhood. This is why it was gross when they aged Ciara and Chase and then toyed with them being romantic for about 15 days before they did the rape. (It was one of many reasons, truly.)

I mean, Carrie and Paul could hook up (were he not gay) and I wouldn't mind, because although John is functionally her dad, he's not her bio dad, and although he is Paul's bio-dad, he didn't raise him, so they didn't grow up together.

What is this show, Guiding Light? Passions?

Not sure where everyone is on the issue....but........a male & female, not related by blood, are free to marry each other, whether raised together or not. I have seen it in real life...Widowed neighbors married, each with young children, & yep, daughter of one married the son of the other. There are children who live "next door, or across the street", whose parents are really good friends. They vacation together, visit each other often, watch each other's children. Those kids are more or less "raised together" , are also free to marry if they fall in love.

I agree Days has not handled their stories all that well, but then they don't handle a lot of stories well, especially ones that could be controversial.
When I was a teen, I had a distant cousin a year older, (in another state) & there was no other cousins our age. And he could DANCE!, so we quite often spent a lot of time together on the dance floor at weddings, or anniv. parties. We never "dated" tho relatives wished we would, when my sis & I spent summers with our relatives there. LOL. AT these weddings & parties some relatives would tease us about it being o.k. for us to hook up, since we were such distant cousins. One time, I got my BFF to go with me to one of the shindigs, & she really hit it off with the guy, got a great partner for all the dancing. And ........never saw him again, tho talked of him. Upshot....he became a psychologist, married a gal, both my friend and I married our husbands, nothing came of anything.

The Alex/Ben story line is uggggggggggggg, the interaction with Chanel and Allie, even more ugggggggggggg. Maybe it's a good thing they are moving to Peacock. After 55 years of watching it, I end up turning most of it off or taping it and do the fast forward thing. When they move, I will watch snippets online. The only story line I might like is the Gabi/Stefan-O one, I just liked them together, but alas, the writers will screw that up as well. It is the end of an era.

I’m looking forward to seeing Stefan and Gabi be an actual couple. I hope the brainwashing/zombie story gets dealt with quickly. I want to see real people navigating the real world in posh ways. That’s what I like about soaps. A little fantasy, but not paranormal fantasy that dominates the show at the expense of reason.

Honestly Nicole has a very sad personality. She just can't settle down,and love Rafe who adores her. Rafe is most likely the best shot that her little girl has of a Daddy who will take care of her. Despite his rather promiscuous and bed hopping sister, he is a gentle loving type of a father any kid would love to have. But alas Nicole seems bent of keeping herself center in Eric's life. I hope she wakes up and reallizes she can be happy with Rafe.

:beat:

I think the real problem is no character has any consistent traits, beliefs, thoughts, or feelings. They all have the same 5 generic jobs. They all fawn over a writer-favoured character of the quarter (or mob up against an enemy of the month) and the characters are interchangeable.

The writers have absolutely lost their ability to write stories for couples who stay together unless the couple is over the age of 70. The only conflicts they like besides science projects are love triangles. Now, they're doing a love triangle science project. One of the good things about Beyond Salem is seeing couples have adventures and dramas they face together. You can put them in jeopardy without changing their affections on a dime and introducing a third party.

Back