SPOILER !! Week August 1

5bcd0dca3e3bed64a990b3f8cb05de21.jpg

Hi Everyone, I am new, but have been reading for quite a long time. I have been watching Days since it began, (yep, I am up there in years). I can't believe the way this program has changed, and certainly not for the better. I have wondered many times why you all don't submit story lines, I think so many of you would be great with some of the ideas you would have. So many of your posts have made me laugh and made my day.

I wish that the writers would quit killing off people, and PLEASE NO MORE DEMONS I mean really? Can't they just go on a business trip or something. The latest now with Jake/Stefan O will be interesting, I liked that character with Gabi. The new Ben/Alex is nuts, I mean really, no one noticed in the past that Ben looks like Alex in the family? Hilarious, but I guess they have to keep the actor, whom I really like, but this new character is going to be hard to take I think. I love him with Ciara, interesting though about the neck-tie scene. Anyway, thanks for the add.

Hi Everyone, I am new, but have been reading for quite a long time. I have been watching Day's since it began, (yep, I am up there in years). I can't believe the way this program has changed, and certainly not for the better. I have wondered many times why you all don't submit story lines, I think so many of you would be great with some of the ideas you would have. So many of your posts have made me laugh and made my day.

I wish that the writers would quit killing off people, and PLEASE NO MORE DEMONS I mean really? Can't they just go on a business trip or something. The latest now with Jake/Stefan O will be interesting, I liked that character with Gabi. The new Ben/Alex is nuts, I mean really, no one noticed in the past that Ben looks like Alex in the family? Hilarious, but I guess they have to keep the actor, whom I really like, but this new character is going to be hard to take I think. I love him with Ciara, interesting though about the neck-tie scene. Anyway, thanks for the add.
Welcome to the group. I think with the Alex storyline, the writers want us to suspend disbelief that him and Ben aren't identical. I do think it was funny the self-reference they used to give a nod to "Ben". I thought it was kinda cute. I agree, I think we've had enough demon possession to last a lifetime. I do find it curious that it was so heavy in Marlena's family :head scratch:. They only one it would have been the most interesting in would have been Sami, although it might have had the opposite effect and have turned her super, sappy nice. :rotfl::rotfl:

What a turn of events that would have been. (I actually love the character of Sami, although recently they have almost made her a caricature of her own self, and I love that we do get to see Alison Sweeney off and on, though I wish they would write better for her, and her talents) You are right, this show has changed too much for the worse. I know they have more budget constraints but they seem to do a lot with the Beyond Salem stories, during the short time they have on each installment.

I wasn't there from the beginning of the show, in the 60's, but I did get in on it pretty early, somewhere around when Marlena started appearing. I think the 80's super couples, and the adventures they went on, were the peak of this show. I miss that, but it seems, even with the budget issues aside, that if they wrote the characters with more dimension and depth, even if it took more time to tell the story arcs, I would be more inclined to care about, and be invested in, the stories.

It seems most of the characters are one-dimensional, and there is virtually no emotional gravitas, or depth, to ANY of the characters. I love when Victor gets a little screen time. He has some good one liners, but even the mighty Victor, is a shadow of what he used to be. I know that Maggie has domesticated him, but he used to be a force to be reckoned with. There are still so many talented actors/actresses on this show. Their talents are so underused, but I think we have all decided, by being here, that we will go down with our ship, and be here till the bitter end. I would love to see Days go out in a blaze of glory, but if we keep on present course, it'll be more like a fizzle out :cry:

Yep, welcome aboard. I agree, it does seem that viewers, at times, have better ideas than what we are seeing on screen. But at times......writers' run into interference from the suits at the top on Days, perhaps the producer, Corday, etc. Maybe they should really butt out, but they all want to puff out their chests on occasion, show their "power". Trouble is, they ignore what they SHOULD speak up about, guess the golf game or vacation time, is wayyy more important.

Ever see that Golden Girls Episode where a former student of Dorothy's hires her to give ideas & incentive to his staff, since Dorothy had been so helpful to him when he was in school, got him on the right path. She tries, but the "staff" only shows up cuz they expect to be clocked in and they can leave to go play golf. After 2 days, a discouraged Dorothy gives up, quits. The "staff" only want a free ride to funville.

That is how I feel Days is. Even if ONE person has a good idea, thought, suggestion, the others just want to take the easy way, repeat previous, or get overly daring. Both losing viewer patience.

Back