SPOILER !! Week August 12

Monday, August 12, 2019
Chloe sends Marlena to counsel "Nicole. [The diva should mind her own business. She's sending poor Marlena right into the lion's den.]

Tuesday August 13:
“Nicole” loses her cool with Marlena. [No surprise here, The creepy psycho has hated Marlena since forever.]
Anna goes in on Tony for marrying Nicole. [Go Anna. If anyone needs saving right now, it's poor, deluded Tony.]

Wednesday August 14:

Jack confronts Jennifer about an article she wrote about him. [Wacky Jack is just as clueless about confrontations as Jenny -- in Salem they are a total waste of time.]
Eve pleads with Justin to be her lawyer as she takes on Jack. [Justin may be hard up for clients, but hopefully he won't sink so low as to represent Eve.]
Eli and Lani are thrown when Julie gives them the cold shoulder. [What did they do, accidentally blurt out something positive about Nick's killer, Gabi?]

Thursday August 15:
Anna makes a shocking announcement. [Hopefully, it's that she's rescued poor Tony from the clutches of "Nicole."]

Friday August 16:
Gabi and “Nicole” have a major showdown. [Frankly, Gabi should give "Nicole" the same treatment that she once dished out to Tricky Nicky.}
Ben and Ciara catch Kate making a deal with the devil. [Good for them, but catching Kate doing something and making her pay are two different things.]
Xander agrees to a deal with John and Hope. [The X-Man is moving up in Salem society. Hope and John are a big step up from working with creepy Kristen.]

However, Rex was not raised by his parents, nor did they know he even existed until he was grown. So, while the two are half/bio-brothers, it is rather diffcult to know why Rex is so keen on constantly calling him brother, especially when he actually doesn't seem to care about him at all. Eric was someone that Rex could easily mooch from, since he is a nice guy. Oh, well.

Especially since Eric was gone from Salem for 2 years before Rex and Cassie landed in their pod. So they never had scenes together.

I guess we're supposed to pretend they spent time together and/or communicated off-screen after Rex left Salem in 2005.

I can re-write what was shown on-screen to accept that SORAS'd Brady and SORAS'd Sami/Eric grew up together.

But Rex came to town as an adult, Eric was long gone and already grown. There's no room for the level of bonding they're purporting. Eric's a sucker and Dr Rex McHornypants is a mooch. It's dreadful.

I think you have to assume that Rex and Eric had off screen communication and maybe even spent time together. And in these days of video chatting it's almost like being in the same room. At any rate, just because you didn't grow up with a sibling or half sibling doesn't mean you can't have a bond with them. I understand it may not be the same type of bond that you would have with siblings you grew up with but there can be a bond there.

But to your point, I would think Eric and Brady would have a stronger bond then Eric and Rex.

It's a good thing that Dr. Rex McHornypants and Dr. Daniel "Love Doctor"/"Dr. Feely Gropey" Jonas weren't on staff at the same time. Young, attractive patients and women staff members would get no peace, and except for Kayla no doctor would be on call because her male counterparts would be too busy trysting in their offices, broom closets, vacant patients' rooms, or even sacrilegiously the hospital chapel. (Imagine Eric's horror if he went to the chapel to engage in another round of spiritual, self-inflicted anguish only to find Rexy or Dr. DanTan cavorting with some hottie in one of the pews.)

At least Rex hasn't slept with every female on the set - which Kate seems to have done - Victor, Stefano, Dr Dan, Rafe, Ted, she tried to seduce Nick (can't remember if that happened or not), Roman, Andre, anyone else???? Rex was bad off screen. Watching Sarah lust after Eric on screen has been downright painful.

Oh I'm sure the John and Marlena stuff will hit the cutting room floor so we can have more of Eve- Kate- Kristen- Fake Nicole drama, and/or the ever popular couple of Sarah and Eric.:sarcasm:

Since they desecrated the episode for Caroline Brady's memorial, I have no faith they will allow us a happy episode with some folks who haven't had much airtime

Last edited:
Back