SPOILER !! Week Feb 21

Tony was told by his mother that he and Renee were not related, because Stefano was not his biological father. By that time, however, Renee had married David Banning.

On another board, it mentioned that Philece Sampler, the actress that played Renee in the early 80s, passed away last July. It's possible this little story was written in tribute to her? We will have to see if it is mentioned when the episode airs.

I am seriously concerned that the Paulina and TR story is going to end up as a poorly done abuse storyline. What little we know about their history points to some kind of horrific physical and emotional abuse from TR. Paulina was affected by it so badly that she gave her baby to her sister to raise so TR would never know about Lani. That act says volumes because Paulina loved that child enough to give her up to keep her safe from the monster who fathered her.

I hope that Reron and his cohorts don't write Paulina falling for TR's load of garbage and giving him another chance. Paulina may be loud, and sometimes uncouth, but she is one heck of a smart and strong lady. We need someone to break the Salem cycle of falling in love with criminals, abusers, rapists, etc. We need some brave lady to stand her ground and say, "get lost" and go on with her life.
You must be kidding! That would be an original thought and Reron doesn't have those!
Spoilers from https://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/spoilers-for-the-week-of-february-21-t43559.html#p2108739

Friday, Feb 25, 2022
Julie, Ben, and Ciara wonder if the Devil is still in Salem…
Gabi deceives Jake.
Tripp shares with Chanel that he’s planning to propose to Allie tonight.
Nicole resorts to desperate measures to clear Rafe
Duh! You think?
When Reron can't think of anything else for a storyline, he goes all "Ben and Ciara". Have them "make love" anywhere, anytime, anyway; or have them kidnapped! UGH!

:angry:

It puzzles me why the writers, thru the years, insist on calling Tony a DiMera, same for Andre, Kristen & Peter (who Stefan only took in when their parents were deceased)
But then it bothers me when these adult children come into play, having been raised by loving adoptive parents........forget all about them, just associating and claiming only the parent they never knew. You know, like Tripp, Chad, Jake, ...yeah, it's a soap, gotta have annoyances. LOL

Well, André was a de jure son of one of Stefano's brothers, before being retconned as a de facto Stefano spawn, and Tony was also his son in the important ways (at least pre-swapping-with-André-island-stashing, and other soap nonce).

Kristen really bugged me. Frankly though, I wouldn't mind the numerous spawn if they kept their names (let's see how many we can remember... DuMonde, Hathaway, Blake, Peterson-Woods, Lambert, Maitland...whom have I missed?). Only Benjy kept his name.

Back