SPOILER !! Week Feb 3

Wednesday, February 5, 2020
Eric moves back in with Nicole. [Why is Nicole giving the unbearable sourpuss houseroom? When will she wake up and realize that when Eric appears, she should run in the other direction? (So should everyone else in Salem.)]

Thursday, February 6, 2020
Rafe and Roman arrive in Prague to search for Hope and Marlena. [They don't have to search a large, foreign city. They should just park themselves in the Café Dvorak, which was featured in the last Prague story line. If memory serves, all visiting Salemites turned up there at one time or another.]

Friday, February 7, 2020

Abigail and Chad question Kristen about the portrait of Steve. [Why are they wasting their breath? When did psycho Kristen ever give anyone a straight answer? If Baby Black had lived to adulthood, she could have written a Mommie Dearest type book entitled: My Sick, Crazy Mother: The Pathological Liar.]

lol, Dr. B, good one.......and just an aside, but Nicole is living in Eric's apt. He has been staying at the Pub, so is just moving back to his own place. :)

The impeachment stuff is being shown across the entire country. But Days airs at noon in some areas. You can either watch Days on NBC's website, or if you start looking on YouTube around 1:00 pm (eastern time), many people upload the daily episode. You have to watch it ASAP because Days/NBC yanks it down within a day.

Yes, the impeachment hearings begin at noon here, while Days is 1 p.m. So, it doesn't show here. There ARE some local stations that will show Days, then go back to the hearings. But not many. NBC really is news happy.......even when they are showing Days ( just before the hearings in NY) they will break in with news flashes. Today it was some man who was going to be standing trial for killing his wife last summer. He "attempted to take his life" outside his home. I mean they said that several times during their "breaking news", but that was all. Back to the show. (The man was dead, but they did not have that news)

Nanahl, contact your local station. Some stations are showing Days late at night. Do you have access to On Demand with your cable/satellite company? You can watch there too.

I didn't start watching full time until after my mother died, over 20 years ago. Before that, I only watched when I was visiting her. I really started watching because it reminded me of her. I too wonder sometimes whether she would watch it now.

It surprises me that Eric warmed back up to Nicole with no apparent explanation--or did I miss something? (I've possibly missed some things by not being able to watch, despite the very good summaries that have been provided).

I didn't start watching full time until after my mother died, over 20 years ago. Before that, I only watched when I was visiting her. I really started watching because it reminded me of her. I too wonder sometimes whether she would watch it now.

I watched as a kid and stopped after college. Then, when my mom was sick, I started watching again. After she died, I was coming back from a memorial we had for her in her hometown, and guess who was on my flight home from Jackson, Mississippi? Kristian Alfonso (Hope)! I always see it as a sign.

My mother and grandmother watched Days from the very beginning. They would get all their housework and shopping done in the morning so they could watch their "stories" in the afternoon. The only one I cared about watching was Days. I think that's the reason that I am so disappointed in the show now. I believe they would be horrified to see what has happened to their beloved story.

I never watched any soaps whatsoever, my mom did not either. I don't remember any relatives doing so, except my sister, who watched GL. I was into the game shows, Password, Jeopardy, etc. But one day, I was flipping channels after something ended, saw this blond guy with a patch over his eye, stopped to check it out. Then had to see what happened, tho it was a couple days later. Took me about 2 weeks to become "faithful viewer", lol.

And again, was changing channels when Days ended, and I have no idea how I started with GL, except I think it was when Reva Shayne blew into town like a hurricane. Got hooked there, too, made my sis very happy. She has passed away, & was glad it was still on then. Well, GL is gone, and I am still with Days, the good, the bad, the ugly, the absolutely unbearable at times. And I strongly suggest, to those who stop watching for short or long periods of time.....to at least turn your TV on to the show....mute it, don't watch, whatever. Just have the TV on for the show. But ratings matter a lot, and while Days got renewed, thank goodness, it seems, with Sony in the picture, it is living on borrowed time.

As to writers, as the years go by, we lose our best soap writers, who are no longer living. And while there ARE writers around, they are not always the best fit for a soap. As we have noted, the ideas come, look good on paper, but the scripts do not live up to the expectations.

Poirot, I have my machine set to record Days each day so I think that counts as a viewer. When I'm at home I usually have the tv on at that time, and yes, I have it on mute. I view bits and pieces as I am doing other things, but then I don't sit down and watch/listen until after I read the summary, sometimes a day or so later, but I do nearly always read the summary the same day it airs. I would miss this board more than anything, if the show got cancelled.

Back