SPOILER !! Week July 13

I still love to see Sami when she comes for her visits. I hate E.J. and her obsession with him to the exclusion of her other loved ones. I love her anyway and as long as I don't have to look at the mummy, I'll be happy to see her.

I'm looking forward to the cake fight. I've said before I love her (Ali Sweeney) comedic timing. I need laughs now very much. I watched her grow up and I know all of the things she did, but I love her anyway.

as long as I don't have to look at the mummy,
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Reply from Sami: How dare you not want to see my darling sweet smoochy-moochy?? He's doing so well in his recovery. Look, see for yourself. He'll be ready to take over DiMera Enterprises in no time now.

0a3f616f0918d9cc94da945981057111.jpg

Sami is the most complex character
Sami is no more complex than my 5 month old puppy. Everything is mine. No, you can't have it. Please play with me.

Sami lost me when she married her rapist.

Alison Sweeney (Sami) is a smart, talented woman. Frankly it amazes me she doesn't ask to have the writers just once allow her to apologize for her over the top horrible behavior. It would go a long way to redeem her in my eyes if she were to admit that perhaps she jumped to the wrong conclusion and asked for forgiveness. But that's just me.

Alison Sweeney (Sami) is a smart, talented woman. Frankly it amazes me she doesn't ask to have the writers just once allow her to apologize for her over the top horrible behavior. It would go a long way to redeem her in my eyes if she were to admit that perhaps she jumped to the wrong conclusion and asked for forgiveness. But that's just me.
I can't argue with that. I'd like to see it too.

But again I love her anyway.

Just like I've come to love Stacy Haiduk's Kristen and want more and more.

Just as I've always loved my Doc. Even when, in the last few years, they've made her advice ridiculous and have her saying things Marlena would never say, I love her.

These three actors, for me, have that something special that I just want to see more and more of. I smile when I see them on screen and am so very happy they are there, whether I like how their stories are going or not.

I'm a big Sami fan too. I watched her since she first started on the show and basically grew up with her. I don't always agree with her but I don't like the other characters bashing her. They have her failing before she even starts but as a mother she should know what is going on with her child and the others shouldn't support Allie in this secret. As we all know, secrets come out in Salem. I didn't like how Nicole was behaving with Lucas, she had no say in this and should have just kept her mouth shut.

The thing is, Sami has caused her own problems within her family. They may joke about it, they all still love her, despite her shenanigans. But Sami should have learned lessons over the years over how her impulsive behavior affects others, and doesn't reflect well on herself. She continues on now as if she is still under 20. Everyone should forgive her, should not cross her (even if she is wrong, & knows it). Allie obviously has felt neglected, ignored, left to fend for herself. That is what she is doing. And she knows her mother would start barking orders and take over her life....tho it doesn't seem Sami worries that much, does it.

I do not know how true this is, but I had read that the actress wanted to keep EJ in Sami's orbit....And thus her past returns had exactly that happening. ??? Don't know. Cannot confirm. Just wish the writers would either find another man for Sami.....heck, we don't have to see him, just know she is involved with someone else.........or Just leave her single and involved with family/friends. Period.

Sami's reaction to Allie's pregnancy is a lot like the way she reacted to Gabi's pregnancy with Ari. She tried to take over and upset Gabi, and made Rafe and Will mad about her behavior. Allie knows her mother well and knows what she would be like when she hears about the baby. It also sounds like Sami does not spend much time with Allie and has ignored her a lot, which is one of the reasons Lucas gave to move to Italy to keep an eye on her. Allie made a remark to Eric the other day about how Sami spends all her time with EJ and is concerned about her other kids (Sydney and Johnny). That remark shows that Allie has always been the neglected child. We saw that when she was a little girl and they lived in Salem.

Everything has always revolved around Sami since Alison Sweeney took over the role. Even when there were storylines which should have made me feel for Sami and sympathize with her, her actions always irritated me to the point of disliking the character. Sami's reaction to Gabi's pregnancy and now Allie's, is how it affects her.

I do like the fact that Allie is going to be interacting with Ciara and Claire. Since she came to town, there has been no interaction of her with the other two girls. They are all close in age and Allie is their cousin, so I want to see them together and how they all respond to one another.

I don’t mind a screeching woman or a nasty one. I still root for Gabi to get herself together and calm the blank down. But Sami is hard to watch for more than a few weeks at a time. She says she’s all about her kids, but she’s really all about EJ. I hate what she did to Rafe. I’m still waiting for him to get the love interest he deserves.

And I guarantee Gwen is no better than Gabi. We just haven’t seen her be awful yet. Waiting to see what happens if we find out Rolf made a spare Stefan twin and that’s who Jake is (or whatever).

Titan TV should issue "Sami Warnings" to alert Salemites of her impending visits. They could be like the emergency broadcast system alerts on TV, or emergency texts that TV news stations send now.
This is a fine idea. And Mayor Abe should take other actions to protect Salem citizens from a Sami invasion. Various sites around the city could be designated as "Sami Shelters," and for those who want to flee town, certain roads should be marked "Sami Evacuation Routes." The Sami Shelters should be well stocked with popular food items like EJ Chow and the Salem P.D. should start training so that the cops can handle the huge amount of traffic caused by panicked Salemites fleeing the city. As for the latest spoilers, here are a few comments.

Gwen tries to seduce Jake. [Is "seduce" the right word? Based on past episodes, all Gwen would have to do is give Jake a come-hither look and he'd be all over her.]
Nicole and Eric’s wedding comes to a halt when Sami interrupts. [Why was Sami even admitted? After the Eli-Lani wedding debacle, busybody Nicole and sourpuss Eric should have hired private security, maybe even Black Patch. (Imagine a squawking, sputtering Sami being immediately ushered out of the venue by John and Steve.]
Bonnie attempts to make amends with Lucas. [Who let Bonnie out of prison? She should be there to help out new inmates Kristen and Gabi if and when they finally get what they so richly deserve.]

Maybe not......since she does that free for all into the wedding cake with Nicole. She is a grandmother already, acting like a bratty teenager, one would she would have grown up by now.
Yea - but that is classic Sami - the time before EJ Sami. They gotta have one more Sami-Nicole flare-up before they become sisters-in-law.

Last edited by a moderator:
But Sami is not 16-17-20 any more. She has grown children, is a grandmother. Sorry, just don't know anyone who still acts the same as they did in their teen years. Especially after raising children to adulthood. Classic Sami is the young Sami. But while others matured, Sami stayed the same bratty, impulsive, self-absorbed person she was when we first met her. It is not a good quality.

I blame the lack of maturity for Sami on the writers. When she was first with Rafe and all throughout her last relationship with Lucas, leading up to and beyond the "Green wedding" the writers started to mature Sami, and then came the hate boink and the de-maturation of Sami. I was hoping that Sami came back and that she forgot all about EJ.

Back