SPOILER !! Week July 16

First of all, if there was a switch, it was off screen, so I’m supposing this is all speculation. (If this is da' plot, I'm sure I’m not alone when I say “l am so sick of this scenario")

Second, how in the world would is a switch possible?

She would somehow have to schedule a separate DNA test, then unseal the envelope switch the report and reseal to perfection.Now this would be a pretty amazing trick even for a soap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Switching DNA results on soaps takes no more effort than changing the color of your lipstick. You can't apply real world facts to how it would have to happen.

Secondly, it's not speculation. Soap Opera Digest stated Gabi changes the results, plus, it's shown in the weekly preview.

Which is why we probably won't see the "how" at all. Then again, even tho she has never worked in a hospital, she will turn on Kayla's computer, go to "lab results", change the "negative to positive" for Stefan and the positive to negative for Chad....... print out the new one, putting the real one in hr purse, rummage around in Kayla's drawer for a new envelope, put Abby's name on it, seal it, and no will come in, Kayla will not return, there will be no record of the change or the new printout, and of course she will have all the time in the world to do that stuff, because Chiefs of Staff leave people in their unsecured offices for ages, don't they? :sarcasm:

Love your scenario, Poirot, but Gabi would also have to take time to figure out Kayla's password. (On another note: I changed all my passwords to "incorrect." :))
Awww, how hard is it to guess "Patch"? But actually, Salem Hosp. doesn't use passwords, as anybody and everybody can access anything and everything in the system, always have.

I never thought Abby and Gabi should have been best friends, so if Gabi going dark for a while is what it takes to change that, I'm all for the drama. However, I would like to see her ultimately be redeemed and go back to being more of a good character than an evil one. I also would like to Rafe be a part of this story as her brother and father figure.

Honestly, there is nothing good about this storyline. The only thing that would make it worse is if the baby was really Stefan's. I don't like that Gabi did this, especially risking her freedom after being in jail for so long away from her daughter. Ugh!

Switching DNA results on soaps takes no more effort than changing the color of your lipstick. You can't apply real world facts to how it would have to happen.

Secondly, it's not speculation. Soap Opera Digest stated Gabi changes the results, plus, it's shown in the weekly preview.
The switch wasn’t stated that I saw when I posted and I don’t get Soap Opera Digest.

Last edited by a moderator:
As stated earlier, to my knowledge, I posted before the spoiler was on the board.
Actually, the SOD spoiler was posted by Poirot on Friday morning, post #69 in this thread. And the YouTube preview about the switch is post #81 in this thread, which kat posted also on Friday. Your post (#101) was on Sunday. You must have missed both of them.

I absolutely HATE this storyline! It's been done over and over and it doesn't get any better.

Why come up with new storylines when you can just pull them from the garbage! I've stopped watching. I read the daily recap so I can keep up but I have no interest in watching. Such a shame as I have been watching for 30+ years.

What I find amusing, but tiresome......every storyline is "thrilling". I mean we have folks bored, but this site still calls a storyline "thrilling". LOL
Is that lady from Child Services, or just court appointed???

Back