SPOILER !! Week July 16

Well, I, for one, like Gabi going a little payback time on Abigail and Stefan. I'm thinking right now if Chad pays the price also, well, it's collateral damage.

At least they are showing someone who is a kind, caring person and how the change can take place in them, or any one of us, if the circumstances and emotional strain are there.

Last edited by a moderator:
they are showing someone who is a kind, caring person and how the change can take place in them,
I don't think of Gabi as being "a kind, caring person." She may have been in the past, but she soon changed. She lied about being stalked in hopes of taking Chad away from Melanie. She knew that Andrew had kidnapped Melanie, but said nothing. She killed Nick. Yes, he was a rotten soul and a would-be rapist, but she did kill him. Even though she told Chad today that she doesn't blame Abigail for helping send her to jail, she's lying through her teeth. Once again, it looks like Gabi is going to betray another "friend." A person who has Gabi for a friend certainly isn't hard up for enemies.

My initial reaction to the preview reminded of a scene out of the musical version of The Producers, accountant Leo Bloom (played by Matthew Broderick) is sitting in a depressing office, in front of an adding machine, along with his fellow accountants singing "Unhappy, so very, very unhappy." I was feeling much the same way.

I don't like that Gabi is doing this. I didn't want her to go down this road. Like soapkitty, I don't mind that she's getting some payback. I just wish she wasn't doing it this way. But you now what? I'm still a fan. I can admit a character I like is in the wrong and still like them. I don't think she's turned evil. I do think the culmination of everything she's been through has put her in a very dark place psychologically and emotionally and she has lost her bearings. I think it will probably be a long road but I want her to find a way through this.

Plus this Salem, which is a place where one can tamper with paternity test and eventually find forgiveness. I mean I know Caroline Brady did this very thing. Admittedly I wasn't watching at the time, and I don't know the particulars of that story, and I'm not comparing Gabi and Caroline as characters. I'm simply saying I know that this act that people have been forgiving for and I'm hoping that's how this story can end as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do think the culmination of everything she's been through as put her in a very dark place psychologically and emotionally and she has lost her bearings.
I completely agree, Troy; however, she knows what she is doing is wrong, yet she keeps doing it. That's her choice, and the blame is hers.

Oh, Sami did it first, changing the results on Belle so that Roman appeared to be the father, then, of course, stole her to sell on black market. And when Caroline changed results, someone else did it as well, lots of switching went on. I seem to remember Nick, doing something like that with Sami's twins. (stupid, stupid storyline, in my opinion).

But here is the thing. It was Melinda Trask's vengeful insistence that Gabi be held in State prison while waiting for her appeal. And it was Melinda who was not in the least wondering why Gabi's friend Abby would spill a secret Gabi just supposedly told her. Granted, it was Stefan who caused Gabi to be charged in the first place, but all in all, it was Melinda Trask who insisted Gabi be held in State prison, instead of local jail, or free on her own recognizance. So why isn't Gabi seeking revenge towards her?

Thanks for the info Poirot. I was aware that Sami had messed with Belle's paternity tests long begore Caroline got in the act of course. But I didn't; mention it because I honestly don't know if Sami is ever really forgiven for her past antics, so I wasn't sure she would make a good example. LOL

You raise a very good and interesting point where Melinda Trask is concerned. My best and honest guess is that she simply is regarded as a recurring character trotted out when needed for trials but not considered important enough to be included in any other way. I wouldn't be surprised if the writers had just forgotten just how vindictive Melinda was in her prosecution of Gabi. When Gabi first confronted Stefan after her release and told him she was going to the D.A, about pressing charges against him, I though, "Really, Gabi? You're just going to go talk Melinda Trask, really?" LOL

I find it a bit odd that Brady is seemingly saying goodbye to Tate in 2 different places, with Tate in different clothes. However I will grant that first Tate leaves the Kmansion with Theresa, then later she gets the call about her mother, so is leaving town. And then, it is rather surprising she is taking an active 4 yr. old. with her when she supposedly (??) is going to care for her mom. But.....if Theresa is leaving, better than going off with some drug lord and letting everyone think she wants her party girl status back. :)

I'm surprised Tate leaves with Theresa. I guess the writer feels he's not needed
in town.

It seems like they are systematically making nearly all of the characters unlikable. I realize there have to be some bad guys, and I don't mind if some of the good ones get off track temporarily but it is occurring to me that the problem I'm having with the show overall is that there's hardly anybody on it that I like anymore. A few, but really, it seems there are more that I don't like than the ones I do like. It used to be there were some characters who weren't nice but I enjoyed watching them anyway. I can't think of any I feel that way about now.

Back