SPOILER !! Week July 27

Yes, she was talking about Jake's New York accent.

I thought the same thing. I don't notice much of an accent with him.
You're right OC. The only thing about Jake's speech is that it reflects that he's an unrefined guy. I lived most of my life on Long Island and there's nothing "New Yawk" in Jake's speech. If there was, he'd be eating his pawk and beans with a fawk and tawking to Gwen about getting out of Salem and taking a vacation in Flawrida.

I still think it's possible that there was some sort of switcheroo and Jake is Stefan after all. The writers did leave an opening for it by having Jake inject himself with the serum. Who knows? Maybe at some pivotal point in a few months he will have a flood of memory and pretend to still be Jake while hatching some dastardly plan.

Anything is possible. With a few clicks of the keyboard, they could say Jake was the one to jump in front Vivian and was shot, while Stefan was somehow held captive and injected with something to erase his memory and give him Jake's personality and semi-memory.

Oh, egads, I sure hope not. I think the show has received a lot of static already about the chips, serums, etc. It has been overkill with those.

I do admit, Jake does kind of overdo the New York accent. I suppose when a man is described as a "greaseball" and worked for the mob, they automatically have a NY accent lol. I heard Camila Banus (Gabi) was leaving, so Jake being a separate character not in love with Gabi makes sense to me. The question is who will be for Jake, once Gwen leaves, as I doubt she is permanent.

I really think they are getting ready to end the show and the actors know it. Maybe that's why so many main characters are leaving. In a picture next to the one about Eric leaving there was a picture of someone coming to Days--Shilstone.

Back