SPOILER !! Week July 31

Just a thought, but I could see Tyler Christopher coming on as Nicholas Alamain. Especially since I heard the rumor that Vivian may be popping back up! Would love to see Louise Sorel (Vivian) back. She was one of my main reasons for watching in the 90s!

I would love to see Louise Sorel (Vivian) return also. I never say never, especially in the Hollywood world. Money talks!
I would like to see Victor Webster back in the role of Nicholas Alamain. What a hunk.:hug::hug::hug:

I noticed today that Camila Banus (Gabi) retweeted the tweet about Tyler Christopher coming to Days. Kind of an odd thing to retweet if it weren't true.

@MelaB There was a casting call months ago for an "Alex" but I think we are beyond the time when that character would have started airing.
Yes, I remember the casting call from a while back. I was just passing along what was mentioned in the rumor. However, since Ron Carlivati has taken over, anything is possible. We'll see if any of the rumors come to fruition.

I don't believe casting news unless it's from Jason47, SOD, Michael Logan at TV Guide, or lately Entertainment Weekly. Daytime Royalty can be good too based on cast social media posts but you have to know how to separate the rumor from actual.

I agree, I don't believe anything unless it comes from a reliable source. I just thought these rumors were interesting enough to share.

Who hasn't said that before though? I know she was treated badly the last time she was on, but time heals SOME wounds and ya never know.....the right storyline offered by the right person with support from the right cast members......never say never, even if Louise Sorel (Vivian) said never.

I agree Muzzaman. The rumors surrounding Louise Sorel (Vivian) and the others may be just rumors now, but in daytime, you can never say never! If the right offer is made, it can certainly happen. I mean who would've predicted Dr. Rolf, of all people, would make a return, but he is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rumors can be self-fulfilling. Some folks use this quality deliberately.

I can't help feeling that Sami's revenge against EJ was disproportionate, when viewed from a neutral position.

I can't help feeling that Sami's revenge against EJ was disproportionate, when viewed from a neutral position.
I don't mean to keep beating the proverbial dead horse, A. Guy, but stealing is stealing. For many, many years, however, the justice parsed as to the level of stealing is woefully inconsistent. Just ask Jean Valjean, (a character in Les Misérables).

Kathy Lu, you are right, of course, about the absoluteness of stealing (in the Biblical sense.) My original comment comparing Sami's thefts to Dario's, was meant to point out that some of us were more outraged that Dario stole from one of the current Golden Boys. :eek:

I still feel that Sami overdid her revenge. Given her own experiences, she could have been a tiny bit more understanding about chemistry weakness. In a real-life situation, I don't think that Sami would have lived very long, no matter where she was hiding. But, these things make watching a soap fun! :drunk:

Well, I wasn't one of those. He stole from several companies, but picked on DiMera on purpose, of course. All that one upmanship. He wanted Chad's money, his wife, his life, really. Counterfeiting was stealing from everyone.

Dario could have been this lowlife penny ante crook, but with a good heart. But instead he was written to have that heart turn blacker and blacker, ruthless. What was even worse, his family turned a blind eye, and I really do fault Rafe for falling down on the job. He was an excellent, extremely sharp FBI agent, who eventually gave up that job to join the police force & was a detective immediately, did well. But he became an ineffectual and inept cop, who now a days, would be lucky if he ever could even find a missing cat, even if it was on the cop shop doorstep. (Same goes for Hope.)

He was an excellent, extremely sharp FBI agent, who eventually gave up that job to join the police force & was a detective immediately, did well. But he became an ineffectual and inept cop, who now a days, would be lucky if he ever could even find a missing cat, even if it was on the cop shop doorstep. (Same goes for Hope.)
This is a huge thing for many of my "tweeps" on Twitter as well. They made Rafe dumb to make him & Hope fit together better. And they made her dumber, too. And yes, Rafe and Dario's roles in the Hernandez family do not make sense and their interactions were sorely missing until the very end. We should have seen him (Dario) in scenes with Arianna and Gabi, then struggling with the decisions he made; in scenes with Rafe solving crimes, talking about how much he's changed and grown up. But, nope. Just "let's steal from everyone and give it to me." No remorse. No second thoughts.

Same goes for his scammy sham marriage to Abby. He never showed an iota of hesitation in tricking her into marrying him, thinking someday she'd just start loving him. That's a level of sickness that Drs Marlena Evans, Laura Horton, and even nutty Dr Wu couldn't manage to treat.

I know Jordi Vilasso (Dario) (in an interview) said he actually asked Higley) about Dario's "instant" love/obsession with Abby. I think she replied...."ummm", or something like that. Am sure the actor was puzzled and bewildered just as the viewers have been.

Agree about the "eventually she will come to love me". Huh? She flat out said she did not love him, would never do so....making it plain he was asking too much.

So now he is gone, he gave up his silent partner....

I had convinced myself that was Raines........but the more I think about it, is it really Kate? She was a bit into Eduardo, maybe knew what he was up to, so when Daddy went to prison, sidled up to Dario & made a deal. Would explain why she is constantly pressuring Gabi to go after Chad (so Dario can have free way to Abby), why she wormed her way into becoming CEO of DiMera by wedding the nefarious Andre.

Chad is distracted, Kate has had free rein......hmmmmm???

So now he is gone, he gave up his silent partner....
I don't know if he actually gave up his silent partner. In real life, he would've had to spill the beans BEFORE getting a deal to go into witness protection. But it seems like with the willy-nilly way they wrote it, he asked for witness protection and was going to tell them who his partner was AFTER he was safely relocated. :rolleyes:

Actually, he told them, but was going to do the signed statement, or recorded statement, etc. when he came back with bags packed. Which of course is not the way it would have gone if story had gone the way witness protection really operates.

I thought he told them and was going to provide them with proof that will put away his silent partner. The evidence was then a hold out. That was my impression.

Back