SPOILER !! Week Mar 13

The thing is, many folks do not have the ability to stream. Honest they don't. And not a clue what one does to attain it. Our local cable companies DO NOT all carry Peacock. I have satellite, DISH, it does not carry Peacock.....

And believe it or not........there are people out there who don't have a computer! Honest. And those who only have one for e-mail. So Beyond Salem was unavailable to folks, and now that Days is completely on Peacock, which is streaming, a lot more no longer are able to view Days at all, or even not viewing because it is not on at a regular time. Oh, great, you can watch any time you want. Trouble is, it gets forgotten with the busy times, activities. Many fans only know what is going on by recaps, summaries, etc.
I hear you except that it’s all streaming now, so that argument against including those plots in the daytime show doesn’t apply anymore. If you’re watching the show on Peacock (the only place to in the main country where it airs), you have access to Beyond Salem. There’s no difference, so there’s no reason not to blend the two. That cow is out of the barn, and I doubt it’s ever going back.

Our local cable companies DO NOT all carry Peacock. I have satellite, DISH, it does not carry Peacock.....
Cable/satellite companies wouldn't carry Peacock because it's an online streaming service, which is a completely different thing than cable/satellite.

As noted by TinaY, if someone is currently watching Days on Peacock (meaning they have the premium tier of Peacock), then they have access to the 2 Beyond Salem installments and can watch to get caught up. I realize some people don't want to watch those Beyond Salem installments for various reasons, but many here on the board explained what happened in those shows so the people who didn't see them were aware of the characters and elements that made their way into the regular show.

Same with the two 2 digital installments (Chad/Abby in Paris, and the Last Blast reunion) that were on the Days app. Kat took the time to find and post each episode (which were only about 10-15 minutes long) here on the board as they dropped on the app. They were able to be viewed for a few days before being removed from YouTube. In addition, we did mini summaries for them so the people who didn't get the chance to watch the little episodes, could read what was going on.

Ron had made it clear that what happened on the digital episodes and Beyond Salem installments were part the actual show (except A Very Salem Christmas, which was a "fantasy" episode, like the April Fool's Day and Halloween episodes that aired on the main show). Many elements of the digital series and Beyond Salem eventually made their way into the main show, like now with Megan and Bo being alive.

Now that Days is exclusively on Peacock, the Beyond Salem episodes are more like bonus material. No different than when movies or TV shows have deleted scenes at the end, or as extra content on a DVD, or upload the clips to YouTube (like when The Big Bang Theory uploaded a deleted scene from the episode of Sheldon and Amy's wedding that had Leonard and Penny giving them a gift from Stephen Hawking that had been mistakenly delivered to their apartment).

Well, lucky for all those folks. I guess my friends who are unable to get Days or streaming are just stupid ......... It costs extra to get Days now, and some cannot afford it. So let's pretend everyone has access and go on. (Wonder how my TV still shows regular programs if everything is streaming) but won't bicker about it. I paid the extra money, but can only watch Days on my desktop computer. Hate it. But those who don't mind it, or watch on their phones (don't have one_) glad it works for you.

I guess my friends who are unable to get Days or streaming are just stupid
Nobody said they were stupid. Just saying that Peacock isn't on any cable/satellite service because it's an online streaming service, 2 completely different things. And no one is saying anybody is stupid who can't afford Peacock or doesn't have a way to get Peacock for whatever reasons.

Not everything is streaming. There are still regular TV shows/movies on regular TV channels (either cable/satellite or over-the-air channels). CBS still airs The Young and The Restless and The Bold and The Beautiful on regular TV, as does ABC with General Hospital. The major networks (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, etc.) all have their own streaming services and offer their regular programs to stream for people who don't have cable/satellite or use antennas/rabbit ears to get over-the-air channels, or just want to stream additional content. Most of the cable channels also have their own streaming services for those who don't have/want/can't afford cable/satellite, or who want to stream additional content (or past seasons, for example).

I also don't care to watch TV shows or movies on my computer either, nor do I have a smart TV or a Chromecast, so I also don't have any streaming services. I also don't want to pay for the premium tier of Peacock just to see Days, so I'm eternally grateful to the folks who watch and do the summaries so I can keep caught up with the show. I didn't get to see either of the Beyond Salem installments but am thankful for the people who explained what happened in them so I was aware of how some of those elements made their way into Days.

So yes, I'm thrilled that "it works" for the people who have the premium tier of Peacock and are so willing to do summaries for those of us who don't. And I want to give a thankful shout-out to the folks who took the time to post in the thread we had for people who had questions about how to initially get Peacock and get set up to watch Days.

I also don’t think anyone is stupid. My point was: everyone who has access to Days now has access to Beyond Salem. It’s not that everyone has access. I understand not everyone has money to pay for the service or for a device to stream the service.

If anyone needs a device, I still have a spare Google Chromecast dongle my brother left at my house. Message me.

Edited to add: When I said it's all streaming, I meant the Days content. It's all streaming now. Not that that all of TV is streaming.

Last edited:
I second what Tina and JS are saying.

It really boils down to this idea - if someone is visiting Salem Spectator and reading the site, then they have as much access to the episodes as someone watching on a streaming device/service/computer.

We should stop acting like the "bonus" installments are different or not part of the "real" show. It's all real.

Well, all over this country of ours, there are different systems in place for different things. For instance, I cannot get local TV at all, 100 miles away, not any TV at all with just a small antenna. So I invested in Direct TV, but eventually switched over to DISH. I get local channels with it. BUT, and the big BUT....I paid extra to get Days streaming. So just because I get the Spectator, via DISH, did not mean I could get Days streaming, for which I paid more. Yes, I got it on a deal. Who knows what will be the case when this ends. It all amounts to too much money to just watch one show and on the computer, not the TV.

I hope the show goes a different route next year, as they will definitely lose me, and probably a lot of others if they continue to block easy access with all the charges.

So while we may think we know all there is to know about getting our Days, there are just a lot of variables about which we know nothing.

It really makes me happy that so many of us are so knowledgeable in technology.....unfortunately there are those of us who are not, thus are excluded. And it is sad that the assumption abounds that "everyone knows"........as NO, they do not. Just reminding you all that this board began, because Wayne had the technological knowhow, and I was the writer. We were and are partners. And I am of the belief, we do not belittle anyone or leave anyone out. All are welcome, we all contribute, in one way or another.

Back