SPOILER !! Week Nov 28

After just watching today's episode I am betting the farm again that Eric the unforgiving is going to blame Nicole for Jada changing her mind since she talked to her right before Jada's decision.
Nicole might have played a small part, letting Jada realize what it's like as a single mom, but ultimately it is Jada's decision.

Actually, I thought Nicole was very honest with Jada. Of course, no telling what Jada will say to Eric. I am still a steadfast Nicole and Eric fan so I hope their disagreement won't last too long. I know many others don't like Nicole and/or Eric anymore but I just take it for what it is....entertainment.

Nicole needs to grow up! She is like a spoiled toddler always wanting what someone else has. When she finally gets it (him), she doesn't want it and moves on to the next unavailable man. I can only hope that Jada is smart enough to figure out that Eric is a lost cause and that she deserves someone much, much better.

The stuff about Li made me realize I'm not sure what his story even is. I admit I always sort of thought that he wanted to be with Gabi for business reasons. I don't feel like they ever really pushed a love story there. They never made much clear about these two except that it's part of a bigger story.

Somebody needs to check on robin.

In the meantime, I need to go get a cool drink and maybe turn down the furnace.

7188000b9e80e9d93dad0cc1594d1083.jpg

The stuff about Li made me realize I'm not sure what his story even is. I admit I always sort of thought that he wanted to be with Gabi for business reasons. I don't feel like they ever really pushed a love story there. They never made much clear about these two except that it's part of a bigger story.
The writers don’t know his story either. The official line is that it started out about business, but now he wants her. The have sexual chemistry, but I don’t get emotional affection vibes from them. He wants to possess her. She wants someone to help her forget she was half in love with Jake and totally in love with Stefan.

And on Nicole… What she said might be true at times, but she wasn’t being honest with Jada. A) Her intention was manipulation to manage her insecurities. B) She purposely only shared the bad, knowing that if she could get pregnant again (single, married, whatever), she’d do it in a heartbeat. So those feelings about single motherhood weren’t genuine, honest feelings. C) They’re not friends where that was an honest exchange about the ups and downs. She was not asked for her input. She forced her perspective on Jada for a desired effect. See A.

Eric, for once, would be right to hold Nicole accountable for dropping poison in Jada’s ear while she was tired and vulnerable. If this were about supporting Eric, she wouldn’t try to convince Jada to take away his shot at fatherhood. If it were about honesty, she’d confide in Eric about her insecurities, not manipulate Jada, but Nicole is all about pretending she’s the nice one who’s sorry and just wants Jada to be happy. None of that is true right now. She’s not sorry about what she did—just that it makes her look bad. She doesn’t give a rip how Jada feels—just that Jada’s anger reminds her that she looks bad.

Oh Nicole was definitely putting a bug in Jada's ear with a nice smile on her face. She's back to bad Nicole again. They could do a good story on why Nicole is like this but instead we get this stuff and no one really cares why anymore.

My biggest problem is Nicole is around 50. They’re writing her like she’s half that or even less. It’s cringeworthy. Yes, it’s on brand, but does no one mature even a little? She IS a mom. It’s not like she didn’t finally have a child whose father was someone she loved (even though Daniel was dead by the time she got Holly). She’s being petty. She’s knows Eric lost a child. I hope they don’t have her return to true old school form and kidnap the baby or something crazy.

I do not dislike Jada. I think she has the qualities to become a great character if only the writers will write her that way. It is my opinion that on several occasions she has acted like a manipulative, scheming teenage girl by going to Rafe and Eric to let them know what she heard, saw or her conversations with Nicole. Someone that has relationship insecurities would do that. The writers are turning Nicole into an unlikable person right now and I hope it doesn't last long. Too much of a buttinsky right now for my taste.

I would normally agree about Jada acting childish and tattle-telling, but I'm relieved that these reveals happened so fast. Otherwise, we'd be stuck for weeks (as we usually are, given the writers) before the characters learn the truth about these interactions. I'm still a bit skeptical about Jada and Rafe as a couple, but I'm willing to give it a chance. I'm warming up to the idea, but her and Shawn-D also seemed to me like a good pairing for awhile.

Back