SPOILER !! Week Sept 11

Spoilers from https://www.soapoperanews.net/2023/09/days-of-our-lives-spoilers-september-11-15.html

Monday, September 11, 2023
Sarah’s life is in jeopardy after delivering her baby.
Justin vows to get to the bottom of Vivian’s assertions.
Theresa reunites with Stephanie and Kayla.

Tuesday, September 12, 2023
A shooting rocks Salem.
Chanel grapples with her conflicting romantic feelings.
Ava and Harris go on the run.

Wednesday, September 13, 2023
Rafe hunts for Ava and Harris.
Shawn runs into Belle having a public fight.
EJ is in hot water.
Johnny and Chanel are faced with a difficult decision.

Thursday, September 14, 2023
John and Marlena have a surprise for the Mystery Man.
Theresa digs for information about Alex and Brady’s trip.
Belle worries about Shawn’s drinking.
Chanel tells Johnny she’s ready to commit.

Friday, September 15, 2023
A shocking discovery complicates Brady and Alex’s trip to Greece.
Maggie and Julie feud with Vivian.
Vivian interrupts Stefan and Gabi’s plan.
Gwen’s revelation puts Leo on his heels.

There's a rumor that Theresa goes to Greece after Brady and Alex. When she lands, she looks different.

Maybe this is a Donovan trait when the kids get older. Eve looked a whole lot different when she came back to Salem
:)

Sarah’s life is in jeopardy: Big whoop. Everyone knows that Sarah and her big mouth will be just fine.

Rafe searches for Ava and Harris. Is it too much to hope that they elude him and permanently vanish into the Salem mists.

EJ is in hot water: No matter — everyone knows that he’ll get away with his Ava murder plot.

Maybe this is a Donovan trait when the kids get older. Eve looked a whole lot different when she came back to Salem :)
At least there was 23 years between Charlotte Ross (original Eve) and Kassie DePaiva (current Eve), and not 23 hours like we're getting now with Emily O'Brien (Gwen) taking over the role of Jeannie T. It's a shame because from Jen Lilley's (Jeannie T) interview, she was expecting to stick around and was abruptly replaced with Emily O'Brien (Gwen) without any warning or discussion.

I like the actress who plays Gwen, but having her take over Theresa right after we see the perfection that’s Jen Lilley in that role is just annoying. Why do they write themselves into these idiotic corners and then count on tricks (time jumps, actor swaps) to get them out?

It feels like there’s no rhyme or reason to the casting and stories. We didn’t need the Colin/Talia story. It had no impact on anyone except Chanel, and then only temporarily. She could have just had some other story to get her back with Johnny. What was the point of the Mayor Rawlings story that went nowhere? Is he just gone? If none of it is going to matter, save the money spent on all those zeros and just bring Jen Lilley back for several months with Tate. He could go wherever they’ve sent Holly, so you barely need to cast him.

Then, write Gwen a real story instead of this silliness with Dmitri followed immediately by her playing a legacy character. I’ll try to keep an open mind, but I don’t have a good feeling about Gwen/Theresa. It’s like they think Ben/Alex has been successful. I don’t know what they’re smoking. All I could think today with Alex at Victor’s funeral was: why would Ben show up without Ciara and why is he giving a speech? I know why the actress wasn’t there, but it was one of many moments when Alex and Ben having the same face is a problem.

There is a surprise (think Joe Pesci's line from "My Cousin Vinny") to the article katmouse posted above in terms of where Theresa and Alex are heading. :sarcasm:

Here's hoping to see Brady lay a beat down on Alex when he comes around and decides he wants Theresa back for himself. I'm sick and tired of the Alex character. I hope Brady pounds the crap out of him.

Last edited:
Ugh well this is disappointing. Theresa rolls in wanting Brady and instantly moves on to Alex. I thought for sure they'd team up to make Brady jealous because we don't need another notch for Alex but why on earth I'd be optimistic about that I have no idea. I suppose maybe they're trying to ruin Theresa. I was a little upset that my free Peacock year is up Tuesday but now I'll just live with it without a really good. deal.

I like the actress who plays Gwen, but having her take over Theresa right after we see the perfection that’s Jen Lilley in that role is just annoying. Why do they write themselves into these idiotic corners and then count on tricks (time jumps, actor swaps) to get them out?

It feels like there’s no rhyme or reason to the casting and stories. We didn’t need the Colin/Talia story. It had no impact on anyone except Chanel, and then only temporarily. She could have just had some other story to get her back with Johnny. What was the point of the Mayor Rawlings story that went nowhere? Is he just gone? If none of it is going to matter, save the money spent on all those zeros and just bring Jen Lilley back for several months with Tate. He could go wherever they’ve sent Holly, so you barely need to cast him.

Then, write Gwen a real story instead of this silliness with Dmitri followed immediately by her playing a legacy character. I’ll try to keep an open mind, but I don’t have a good feeling about Gwen/Theresa. It’s like they think Ben/Alex has been successful. I don’t know what they’re smoking. All I could think today with Alex at Victor’s funeral was: why would Ben show up without Ciara and why is he giving a speech? I know why the actress wasn’t there, but it was one of many moments when Alex and Ben having the same face is a problem.
:clap::clap::clap:

The writing team certainly loves having Robert Scott Wilson (Alex/Ben - whoever he is today) in as many scenes as possible or so it seems. How else are they going to pair him with a different woman each week?

Anyway, Alex had to be at the funeral for his great-uncle Vic.

Back