SPOILER !! Week Sept 14

John wakes up. [At last. Who wants to watch fan-favorite Drake Hogestyn (John) do nothing but lie in bed with his eyes closed.]

Eli visits Kristen. [Hopefully, he's bringing his handcuffs.]

Claire meets Jan. [Let's hope that the Shady Hills veteran, Jan, won't be giving the Bayview graduate any misbegotten ideas.]

Brady asks Victor for help. [Anyone who's taken up with creepy Kristen doesn't need Victor's help. He needs several sessions with Marlena or a stretch in Bayview.]

Evidently, in that digital Last Blast thing, that many of us did not see, Jan kidnapped Shawn again, and set a bomb that exploded nearly killing Belle & some others. This is the "recent" explosion they are referring to now. Personally, if it was not on the show, it isn't fair to be referring to it, as if everyone knows what t hey are talking about. (& no, I did not see that thing, as my phone doesn't get any video, etc. )

Kat posted the videos here when they were available. They've since been taken down.

But the storyline was Belle and Chloe ran into each other in NY and saw a little cafe called Dot.com. They thought it was funny and went in to have a drink. Somehow the Last Blast reunion was thrown together. We saw Jan kill Chloe and Mimi. Turned out she was writing a story and she was imagining those deaths.

Then she kidnapped Shawn-D and held him in some rundown place. She went to that Dot.com cafe with a bomb, intending on blowing up the Last Blast gang, but one of the lesser-known members managed to disarm her (I think Philip helped?). She was taken away by the police. Belle managed to find and rescue Shawn-D, but not before they had a sexy roll in the hay.

Was it mentioned how Sami knew Jan and Nicole’s involvement with the (attempted) murder of Victor some 15 years ago?

I don’t remember Jan or Nicole telling anyone or if there was a police investigation that led to knowledge of them dropping the radio into Victor’s bathtub while he was in it.

Since Victor is alive and well, I think Nicole’s offense is smaller compared to Sami’s many offenses (shooting EJ point blank in the head, drugging and raping Austin, kidnapping Belle, switching paternity results in hospital computer).

Was it mentioned how Sami knew Jan and Nicole’s involvement with the (attempted) murder of Victor some 15 years ago?
No, but I guess after the Salemites were rescued from Melaswen, Victor probably told people how he was "killed" and Sami must've heard about it back then. It was weird that his death was fake too, since it had nothing to do with Marlena as the supposed Salem Stalker.

You’re right Just Samantha.

It was not explained how Victor’s murder was an illusion (or delusion) like the murder victims of the Salem Stalker who all turned up alive on Melaswen.

I still don’t understand those murders. Especially Marlena who was shot on the roof of the prison and it being televised as she said her last words. Then she wakes up in her coffin at the cemetery and the coffin gets jetted/transported underground——to Melaswen?! Really strange.

The writers probably didn’t have a way to explain that so they hoped we didn’t remember or question it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, none of those characters were supposed to return. They were all going to be dead and gone forever. But the viewer outrage made NBC/Sony step in and say fix it, no matter how ridiculous the explanation, just fix it, NOW. Thus, we got all the deaths being an illusion and everybody was alive and well on Melaswen.

Maybe Nicole/Jan/radio/Victor was also part of the illusion. Just a separate part. But NBC was very firm about that "fix it", since Jim Reilly was killing off so many major characters. And every single actor whose character was killed, was out job hunting, because they had been definitely "let go". The outrage from the viewers was massive.........which made it surprising that someone had not stepped in earlier, saying YOU cannot kill everyone off.

Well, none of those characters were supposed to return. They were all going to be dead and gone forever. But the viewer outrage made NBC/Sony step in and say fix it, no matter how ridiculous the explanation, just fix it, NOW. Thus, we got all the deaths being an illusion and everybody was alive and well on Melaswen.
You mean just like what's happening now? Repeat circumstances. Let actors go or actors leave unhappy. Viewers are not happy. Scramble to offer better pay etc to actors to come back. Actors come back.

The difference was they fired 11 actors: Abe, Jack, Maggie, Caroline, Tony (Andre), Cassie, Roman, Doug, Alice, Victor and Marlena within a relatively short time. They were all gone gone (or about to be gone in Marlena's case; this was supposed to be her swan song storyline), not a temporary thing. But the viewer outrage made NBC/Sony step in to bring them all back to Salem.

Now, I don't think the viewers even bat an eye when the show gets rid of actors.

So it seems the rumor about John having a different personality with mood swings when awakening may become true. I had a feeling Jan would start fixating on Claire eventually. That's the next step to get revenge on Belle and Shawn.

Back