SPOILER !! Week Sept 14

Honestly. I looked everywhere for the articles I read earlier, Corday, Alarr, Carlivati interviews, I could not find them, but.......our headwriter seems happier that he will be having a much shorter time frame now to take advantage of fan reaction.

However, Corday said that to start (this month) they would be doing probably 5 shows per week, but would gradually increase to 6, then 7, claiming financial reasons. I also seem to recall him saying that one of those actors let go had a salary that made them decide to let go, but that person is returning...guess settled for a lesser amount.

And that has been the crux, in my opinion, of Days' problems. I know many of the cast has taken pay cuts, NBC keeps reducing or not increasing what they pay, costs increase, so Days has to scramble, cut corners, to keep afloat. We see it in sets, location shooting (which in now non-existent, & the influx of new, young actors, so glad to have the work, the experience. Maybe this is why characters get "rested" for long periods????

Monday, September 14, 2020
Eli betrays Lani.

Tuesday, September 15, 2020
Hope suspects the truth isn't as it appears.

Wednesday, September 16, 2020
Belle is horrified to find Claire with Jan.
Xander discovers a way to solve his Philip problem.
John lashes out at Sami.
Eric receives a life-changing offer.

(FYI from poster of spoilers from that site said: "There are only two spoilers for the week left, and I don’t think one is going to air." )

Honestly, I watched that preview 3 or 4 times, and I don't see where it shows it is a plane explosion...Guess there is something I don't see or hear???

Wasn't Hope herself supposedly killed in an explosion......she was in a cage over a vat of acid or something. Gosh, so long ago. Anyway, perhaps that is why she is suspicious. ???

Am so happy Eli held on to his scruples, arrests Kristen. Shame on Lani. As someone said, if Kristen was such a good friend to Lani, she would not keep putting her on the spot, asking for help to hide her, knowing Lani is a cop. And what did Kristen ever do for Lani that makes her so beholden to Kristen?

Behind Ben is a big sign that says Salem Airport, and behind Vincent is a big sign that says private airfield. Could be a building at the airport that explodes, but seems to be a waste of the prop department making the signs if that were the case, when it could've just been some random building somewhere.

Yes, Hope was "killed" when she was trapped in a cage over a vat of acid exploded, with Ernesto.

Marlena was "killed" when a plane she was on exploded, while Orpheus and John watched.

Egads, How the heck did I miss the signs? Maybe my "picture" is too small...........will try again.

Well, thank you! Yep, now I notice, tho I guess was paying no attention to background, while watching what characters were doing. I wonder if you might be on to something, and it is a bldg, that explodes, or plane on the ground?? Ben is on the ground at the end, screaming Ciara, with smoke & fire in front of him, like he was knocked down by the force of the explosion.

Monday, September 14, 2020
Eli betrays Lani. [If it's that he arrests creepy Kristen, it's not a betrayal. It's called doing his job.]

Tuesday, September 15, 2020
Hope suspects the truth isn't as it appears. [Of course it isn't. How often in Salem are things as they appear?]

Wednesday, September 16, 2020
Xander discovers a way to solve his Philip problem. [Has he asked Sarah to give him a regular dose of her high-volume squawking? That should be enough to send him fleeing back to Chicago.]
John lashes out at Sami. [When is poor John going to learn that "lashing out" or "confronting" Sami is a losing proposition? What she'll say back is so exasperating that John's blood pressure could soar and he'll end up in another one of his classic comas.]
Eric receives a life-changing offer. [Has Bishop Wright offered him the chance to be Salem's first married priest, and that his assignment will be in the depths of the diocesan archives where he'll never have to encounter people who make him scowl?]

A major difference now is it takes MUCH longer to fix a bad firing than it did back in '04. For a perfect example, see Brandon Barash (ex-Stefan; Jake).

And they still haven't fixed it. I hated Stefan but what he had going with Gabi made sense at least. This Jake character is beyond annoying and they are basically starting over with him and Gabi. I'm not interested in Gwen at all. Why she was put on contract is beyond me. And I certainly don't want to Jake with Abby either. Big casting fail on many levels.

Bad story telling from the first inkling of an idea all the way through to the script writing.

As we've said here many times through the years, we have many Spectator members who have great ideas and superb writing styles who could write a much better show than we've been getting from the so called professionals.

Back