SPOILER !! Week Sept 21

Guess that other announcement of Laura Kai Chen returning as Melinda was someone jumping the gun.

No wonder Melinda looked different in the promo.

Soap Opera Digest has a photo of Trask in the new issue and the photo credit erroneously lists Laura Kai Chen (while the photo is Tina Huang), so people probably went off the SOD photo.

Tripp & Allie, the one pair of young adults who aren't related at all. I guess it makes sense, except he was in medical school (presumably stateside as transferring to do residency stateside would've been difficult) and she was in Paris with Lucas last we knew.

Last edited by a moderator:
Allie wasn't in Paris with Lucas. She was originally in Italy with Sami, started drinking, so Lucas went to Italy to be with her, then she went to college in London. She left school (graduated?) and went partying all over the place. She could've stopped in California to party at one point.

She could've stopped in California to party at one point.
Heck, if John could find time to romance Tori in between Isabella, Marlena, Rebecca, and Kristen, I'm sure Tripp and Allie could find a way to "connect".

Maybe they both took Spring Break in the Forests of Greenland.

According to this issue of SOD.......Allie & her baby will move in with Nicole, after Eric leaves town for Africa, & Sami will be leaving on Friday, 9/25 (tho will be returning to Salem in a few months), & yes, this is some kind of compromise between Sami & Allie. Just hope by then that poor infant has a name.

Maybe the compromise Sami and Allie agree to is to name the baby Sammy?????? Just kidding!

I've never heard of not naming the baby when it is born. What do they put on the birth certificate before they leave the hospital?
Allie herself wasn't named for a month after she was born. Lucas finally took it upon himself to name her Alice Caroline. Sami was ticked-off that he made the decision without her, but had to grudgingly admit she loved the name.

My cousin never named her kids until after they were born because "she had to look at them first". I was annoyed by this lol. She also didn't tell us the gender until they were born. Actual conversation:

my cousin: "It's a boy!"
us: yay, what's his name?
My cousin: "I haven't decided yet. We want to get to know him for a day or so and decide what name we think fits him"

* 2 days later *

Granted, she did name him moments before leaving the hospital, but it was still a day or so later. She announced the kid had a name. Personally, I thought she may have had a few screws loose to be so weird about naming the kid. haha! But whatever floats your boat, I guess. sheesh.

She and her husband had 2 more kids since then, and each one had the same scene. No name for at least a day. Ugh. So weird, in my opinion.

Link to NBC pics. Not many days left now

My only problem with the NEW Claire is the way she keeps making "Wide Open Eyes" when she is doing a close up. It looks like she is trying to have bigger eyes when the camera is on a close up. It annoys me! And yes she does look older than the original Claire to me.

Back