SPOILER !! Week Sept 27

I'm glad someone figured out Gabi and Jake's plan.

Why would Justin and Xander work together? And is this the reason why Xander
is in trouble again?

I'm disappointed the family shocking past isn't what we want it to be. Why is
Marlena's story in with "The Sami Brady story?" Was Sami there at the time?

Spoilers from https://www.ontvtonight.com/guide/

Thursday Sept 30-2021
Marlena has a disturbing dream.
John gives Johnny disappointing news.
EJ and Lucas have a tense encounter.
Allie talks to Chanel about Tripp.

Friday Oct 01-2021
Ben shares his concerns with Tripp, while Ciara confides in Allie.
John receives a dire warning.
Chad is surprised when Abigail seriously contemplates Johnny's offer.
Johnny attempts to "woo" Chanel.

I feel like this is a countdown to Johnny getting Chanel pregnant, and her ending up with his sister.

I don’t trust Jake at all. I think that keylogger on Gabi’s computer is a tip off. I hate them as a couple. I, too, wish they wrote her better and gave her something better to do besides stupid villainous schemes. She used to be a mostly good person. I thought they were returning to that, and now it’s out the window.

Last edited:
They were building Jake and Gabi up as a great love, and now, their relationship feels cheap and absurd. I liked Gabi and Stefan. I hated when they killed Stefan. I was okay with Jake coming back because I thought they'd have chemistry without the baggage of all of Stefan's creepy misdeeds. Now, they're turning Jake into a bad guy. I can feel it. Two thumbs down.

EJ asks Nicole out to dinner. [Nicole should run for her life.]
EJ and Lucas almost come to blows. [If Lucas can duck EJ's patented sucker punch, maybe he can mop the floor with the ex-mummy.]
Johnny attempts to "woo" Chanel. [What's he going to woo her with?? He's an immature kid who appears to have no college degree, no occupational skills, and no money other than Sami's. If he wants to try wooing girls, he should go over to Salem High and try to pick-up clueless freshman and sophomores.]

Johnny and Chanel have almost had sex twice. He pretty much just has to show up attractive and charming, which he's already done.

I like Chanel, really do, much more than her mom. And I really like Johnny, a lot. But this stupid, illogical plot of having him wanting to make a film, based on some footage on his phone camera is the most idiotic idea yet. So, no story, no script, nothing at all, but he is out looking for $$$$ to support the idea. Sure, Johnny, I'll give you 500,000 $$$, even tho you never made a movie, never wrote a word down, never filmed anything that got sold to anyone, don't have a script or even an idea of what the film will be about! Yep, really good selling point. Sorry, the smile just doesn't do it.
Does Johnny maybe think that romancing Chanel might give him access to Paulina's $$$$$$???

I really want to know just WHY the demon was able to infiltrate Doug. just WHY was Doug vulnerable? Age? Memory declining? The demon hates Julie......is it because she keeps Doug on track, loves him so much, protects him?

I truly DETEST this story about Possession.

I totally agree. I don't understand the internal story logic of Doug being vulnerable to possession. I can see Julie being vulnerable. She has some nefarious impulses at times. Or almost any other character. EJ has acted possessed since he came to town.

I can forgive the liberties they take with medicine, the law, religion, business, etc., but shouldn't the writers get showbiz right?

I really am disappointed that Days is going to the darkest side with Marlena’s/Doug’s possession. There are so many relevant stories right now… can Salemites not know about anything that’s going on outside of Salem? Has nobody in Salem heard about or had covid? There is no shortage of medical staff? Are there no characters in Salem in the military? No immigrants moving to Salem. And where is the romance? I’d almost like to see the early years again. The only story I’m liking is Roman and Kate right now.

I like Chanel, really do, much more than her mom. And I really like Johnny, a lot. But this stupid, illogical plot of having him wanting to make a film, based on some footage on his phone camera is the most idiotic idea yet. So, no story, no script, nothing at all, but he is out looking for $$$$ to support the idea. Sure, Johnny, I'll give you 500,000 $$$, even tho you never made a movie, never wrote a word down, never filmed anything that got sold to anyone, don't have a script or even an idea of what the film will be about! Yep, really good selling point. Sorry, the smile just doesn't do it.
Does Johnny maybe think that romancing Chanel might give him access to Paulina's $$$$$$???

I really want to know just WHY the demon was able to infiltrate Doug. just WHY was Doug vulnerable? Age? Memory declining? The demon hates Julie......is it because she keeps Doug on track, loves him so much, protects him?

I truly DETEST this story about Possession.
I agree. There used to be a priest in Salem and scenes in the church. They haven’t written anything about the faith life of the characters. The last ones were with the phony wedding of Theo and Ciara and the crazy baptism of the twins.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the REAL WORLD which I know has absolutely nothing but breathable air in common with Salem a young woman who has no job, no income would not be trying to have a baby with a man who has severe mental issues and is on medication without at least first asking someone if the drugs he takes might have a negative effect on the baby.....

No wait.... that is exactly what happens in the REAL WORLD... when two unemployed, no prospects kids do..... but alas in the real world there is no Pop Pop Victor or Salem Money tree...... This just proves there is no story for these two but sex and it's eventual output.....

Ir's such a shame that these writers can't think of anything better for these two than to constantly be pawing each other. A small part of Beyond Salem showed us a Ciara that was every bit as tough as a young Hope. They could have adventures, if the writers had any imagination.

Back