What happened to true blue Will????

ShaSha

Reaction score
Will has turned into Despicable Him. The writers decided to totally destroy him forever before they leave. When I watched the scene between Will and Sonny yesterday, I gagged.:sick::fan:. Heartbreak for Sonny and a finality I believe for Will. Just horrible!!!! :beat: :eek: ShaSha

I think tptb added Will's cheating in LA as a complete afterthought when as the LA story was playing out so many viewers speculated that if Will was gonna cheat he'd do it in LA thinking that Sonny would never find out. Otherwise he wouldn't have been quite so conflicted about what was happening between himself and Paul when he cheated. He acted like it was the first time, the circumstances were overwhelming and he couldn't believe he actually did it.

I hate to say this but I think this character needs a hiatus. Like everyone else in Salem, he has become very one note and he has become Sami Jr. circa 1993-1995. The only difference is Sami was a professional manipulator whereas Will is an amateur.

It truly is horrible these writers can't think outside the box. Why not have cousin Jeannie T come to Will for baby help and advice instead of to Eve? It would also provide an excuse for him to see his Uncle Brady. The babies could bond too. Also, they should have Lucas and even Eric more involved instead of Kate constantly. I don't mind Marlena but Lucas is his dad and he is in Salem. I realize he has his own issues so another male figure like Uncle Eric would be nice to see, especially since he is Sami's twin. And we never really did see Sonny and Will struggle to raise Ari or deal with daily life after Gabi went to jail.

Lots of story opportunities blown yet again due to poor writing. Instead we get yet another cheating scandal.

In defense of Sami, she was morally opposed to cheating and never did it until the "grief sex" which was also brought on by the current writing regime. I agree that one of them had to have a relationship gone bad. I think Sami would be appalled by what her son is doing. (Granted part of her would be disappointed that he didn't learn how to lie/manipulate the one you love better...but she would be upset with his cheating).

KathyLu, you kill me all day long :clap:

The only difference between Sami and her son is that Sami knows she's wrong and lying, even if she deflects/blames. The end justifies the means, in her head. Will has a similar mindset, but I really think that he thinks he's telling the truth at this point. Which is frightening and sad. He needs more than therapy.

Oh, I think Will knows very well he is lying. He says....oh, no, I am not writing an article on Dr. Myers......and he just asked Gramma Kate if she would ask her friend to publish his article on the man.
He has been berating Sonny constantly of not telling him about having known Paul before, & wanting to marry him.....and had the absolute gall to say that though he had an affair with Paul, he did not ask him to marry him. THAT took a lot of nerve. But is how Will is constantly deflecting his own actions onto someone else.
He purposely changed therapists and has coerced the current one to focus on "the future", just so he won't have to discuss his own past transgressions at all. What a crock! His admission to the affair in L.A........just once? I remember him avoiding Sonny like the plague......just as his mother did to Rafe after she cheated with EJ.

It truly is too sad to see the destruction of Will, and to watch him doing it to himself. His lying, cheating and manipulating just gets him mired down all the more. And he probably has a few more duplicitous things up his sleeve. Will needs to look up the definition of honesty.

You may be right, Poirot. I just loved the Will character so much it's hard for me to believe that it was so easy for the writers to turn him into...this. Like others have said, it's really very painful to watch. We all hoped for so much more. :cry:

I used to love Will. He was probably my favorite character alongside Rafe and Nicole. He had the gall to call out his mother for her harebrained schemes and the 2011 grief romp. But now, the writing is terrible. He's just as intolerable (or even more so, perhaps) than Sami was! He's a total hypocrite who accepts no responsibility for his actions and blames everything on other people. Totally disrespectful and selfish! I really wish he'd just get a divorce from Sonny and leave Salem to be with his mom and siblings in LA.

Will has definitely passed the point of no return with me. He obviously needs to be single for awhile and I hope Gabi returns someday and snatches Ari up. She doesn't need to be raised by a lying, cheating despicable father.

Also, why does Will have to say Sonny's name 5000 times per scene? With his face all pinched up? Ugh! Please let Sonny find happiness AWAY from Sami Jr.

Back