What to do, what to do...

Wayne

WebHamster
Reaction score
So.. Normally on Saturdays I've been heading off to Busch Gardens for a little exercise and relaxation. Today though, it's supposed to be 102 degrees in the shade, which isn't particularly relaxing. Too hot for even riding really, it's 80 degrees at 7:45 am...

Staying indoors or going out to spend money shopping are not really options, so... What to do, what to do?

Wayne

Swimming ? In a public pool if you do not have one. Catching a movie falls into the categorie of staying indoors... So. I'm afraid swimming is all I've got. :confused: Unless you go eat where there is a terrace with ventilation...

Wayne, those are good selections, I have nothing except go to a Park , find a really big shade tree, take a really good book, a nice little lunch and something to drink and read the day away to relax. It's usually 20-25 degrees cooler under the trees!
joan

You probably live in an apartment so you can't turn on the water sprinkler and play in it or get yourself a little kiddie pool to sit in--in the shade, of course--while reading or listening to music. Hey, I'm only half kidding! Those are not bad ideas for folks who have privacy. On the other end of the spectrum, I've spent more than a few hours in my life mall watching. Just going to a mall where it's nice and cool and sit and watch all the strange and interesting sights. Strange or interesting depends on your outlook.

So is my church. LOL. I wear a Blazer or something with longer sleeves every week, and then see the visiting tourists coming in with their flip flops and sleeveless tops, and shivering. :cool:
However, that is not much of an option for Wayne. :)
Movie theatre sounds good. So does mall watching.....especially in a food court. Ha.

Unfortunately, for a truly white guy like me, anything short of SPF 2-billion and swimming is just pretty much basting in the sun...

So is my church. LOL. - snip - However, that is not much of an option for Wayne. :)

Hahaha... I just know there's some joke about me bursting into flames crossing the threshold of a church in there somewhere... :)

We go to the ocean which is usally 10-15 degrees cooler than inland California, do you have a lake you can go to, a river would be too warm? Even if the air isn't cooler the water in a big lake is usually still pretty cold and could be refreshing...

Back