What (who) makes the most sense?

I don't think the hitman has a name. He hasn't talked much.

I'm going to go with Gabi because she told Will and Sonny not
to worry about the custody hearing. I also think someone opened
the closet and took gun out of the backpack.

Jason47 also told us that Kristen's last day was in November only to tell us a couple months later that she was back for one more episode(Brady's video). The actor playing Percy very easily could have pre-taped the shooting sequence.

I wonder if the show did a Who Shot JR(Dallas 1981) thing and taped multiple shooters to throw off spoilers. I could see them making Ben the shooter as he is least likely and especially if fans continue to dislike the character. But I still think it's Percy either on his own or on behalf of Stefano. He did NOT want to go to Devon!!!

I've been thinking for weeks that it would be Percy but with him having disappeared from canvas as far as we know right now, I'm pushing him down into my #2 spot. The idea of multiple murderers makes sense...it's also possible that Lucas saw the shooter on the way to the park to confront Nick and decided to look the other way, then came back frantic to find Allie because he was shaken by what he just saw. Lucas and Kate will probably suspect each other while Sonny and Will will suspect each other, which means it's probably none of them. Ben is a definite possibility. Abby is not likely in my opinion, though Will will suspect it's her because of her cryptic comment about the Nick problem being solved soon.

This murder reminds me of when Stefano was shot and the suspects were nearly everyone...however, today's episode ending, I was actually laughing out loud, literally, when everyone coincidently all made their ways to the same location as everyone else did??!!
As for who did it, I first thought Gabby, but now that you've all mentioned Percy, I'm not sure?

I posted this in the Daily thread but when Gabi first appeared to Jordan and Allie, she was carrying a purse. In the next scene, she looked like she also had a diaper bag? Doesn't that usually stay with the baby???

3 different people, one shot each:
Gabi. The scene in the apartment showed the gun as Sonny and Will were leaving, and Gabi was only in the last moments of the show. Not to mention how Nick terrified and threatened her recently.

Percy. He was shocked at the horrible things Nick did when Sami and Kate brought up his past. And it would be a gret wist. Like Gabi, he is leaving.

I can't decide if the third person is Lucas or the hitman. Lucas asked where Nick was, and then appeared out of nowhere in the Square shuffling his clothing, as if he had a gun to hide. The hitman headed back to the park after Julie was outside the Pub.

Lucas texted Nick and asked where he was, wanting to see him. Nick texted back that he was in the park, so Lucas left the pub abruptly.

I don't think it was the hit man, he had a large caliber gun. Whoever shot Nick only stung him at first, lol. And why does half of Salem probably have guns with silencers, lol!!

Back