What's on your playlist?

• Thread starter CentralTexGirl88
  • Start date
C

CentralTexGirl88

The thread on Daily Days had me thinking about this, plus I've been getting some "new" music from Rhapsody. It's funny - I used to not like old Country music at all. I find that I really love it now. Right now, I am listening "Ode to Billy Joe". What do you all like to listen to?

I'm not into music much these days but I'll listen to almost anything from the early 1960s and back from there. A few from the late 60s and the 70s. I don't care for 80s, 90s and 2000s music. When I say I like oldies, I really mean oldies.

I do like Ode to Billy Joe, CTG. Can't remember when it was popular but a long time ago.

Gordon Lightfoot, Eagles, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Alice Cooper, Fleetwood Mac, Me First and the Gimme Gimmes, Train, Blondie, Debbie Harry, Motley Crue, Aqua, Great Big Sea, Spider Bait are some of the artists in my Ipod right now.

Gordon Lightfoot - very good!!! You are about as diverse in music as I am...

I have 80's metal, classic 70s, 70's and 80's country....and some things in between..(even some Bee Gees!!!)

Haha, I have everything from (A)C/DC to (Z)ztop, depends on my mood. I like rock, alternative, some old country, classical, even new age. If you want some classic old country, try Kris Kristofferson, gotta love it!

HEY! Didn't think about Kris Kristofferson! I just downloaded Waylon Jennings, Hank Williams - Sr AND Jr...and ah-hem Conway Twitty. I used to not like them AT ALL!!

(hanging my head in shame) Debbie Gibson.

Oh, shame on us, as I also have a few Debbie Gibson songs !:drunk: I love her songs, they're so romantic, love the lyrics !

And how about Air Supply ? Double shame on me ! :D

Seriously, I have diverse tastes too. From Def Leppard, to Bon Jovi, to Heart, to Bryan Adams, Celine Dion, The Canadian Tenors, Il Divo, and some songs from the 80's like Lady in Red (Chris De Burgh), Open Arms (Journey), Suddenly (Billy Ocean), Hello (Lionel Richie), Eye of the tiger (Survivor), not to mention a few movie soundtracks, like Out of Africa, or all Star Wars movies. And it all depends on my mood !

I started listening to Christmas music today, and I'm going to decorate this week, including the tree ! :clap:

Noooooooooooooo.......it's too early!! LOL! Shopper's Drug Mart in Calgary has pulled their Christmas music from their stores due to customers complaining that Halloween is barely over.

Enjoy the start of your holiday season, Writer. I've been to Quebec city around Christmas and Old Quebec is so beautiful at this time!

Thanks, Muzzaman. Quebec City is beautiful indeed (although I'm closer to Montreal, which is nice too), but I hear Calgary is beautiful also. :) Never been there, I've been to Vancouver, BC, but not Calgary... yet.

As per Christmas decorations, you're right, it's early. But it helps me get through the grey temperature. The Christmas lights bring me joy amongst my fall and winter gloom. :)

:back:I also like operette/operas, and musicals. I have The Phantom of the Opera, Les Brigands (I actually sang in a local production of this opera), by Jacques Offenbach, and a few others.

Oh my, did someone(s) say Air Supply?? Haven't thought about them in years. Had an album or two on LP (some of you younger folks may have to look up what that is, lol). I also have some old folk music, like Woody Guthrie, John Prine, etc. No telling what I'll listen to next! :)

I have everthing from Air Supply to Barry Manilow to Journey to 80's hair bands to Motley Crue to Ozzy to Kid Rock to Eminem to Beastie Boys to all things county (from Hank Sr, Patsy Cline to current...Clay Walker being my favorite). Really the only thing I dont have is classical, opera, and most "new" rap....I say "new" rap because I love old school rap...Beastie Boys, Run DMC, etc...and Eminem is newish rap...but I do like him.

Back