When Calls the Heart

Great! To add to my frustration I cannot find a transcript or video of the show stars Facebook chat today. I wanted to read their responses and comments. Fan comments remain available to read but that is one sided. Bummer:angry:

t supper time for half the country....

Per the Facebook Live, he claimed he is leaving for "personal reasons" and Lori Loughlin (Abigail) made a point of saying sometimes actors don't re-sign contracts. Seriously?! Who says that in a situation like this? Plus the fact that he is still hanging out with his co-stars and engaging with fans. Sounds like a contract dispute to me but that is my personal speculation. I have a feeling we will never know the truth.

They also said that they've known about this for over a year which explains his absences in Seasons 4 and 5. Just pitiful. Had they known this, they should have married them at the end of Season 4 and had her have the baby in Season 5.

I'm really unhappy with all involved here.

:love: Poirot for posting the chat. It helps to understand their choices better but I still will miss Jack. Hope it helped you and other Hearties too.

what was interesting......Lori Laughlin (Abigail, the mayor) is a producer and spoke the most and longest. By comparison, the others may have gotten 3 minutes total each...:sarcasm:..Lori went thru all the ideas about recasting, & discarding them, but was not convincing. they knew he was leaving.....were sitting on this for a year and half..... really, outside of thanking the fans over and over...not much else.

They all will be on that Home & Family show tomorrow a.m.

They also avoided the fact that many Hearties had read and loved the books before the tv series. Jack was not killed off like this and that made the shock deeper about His death. I kept saying "this didn't happen" in the books.

They did what they did and the test is if viewers support Season 6.

Got a kick out of the mention of Downton Abbey and how they handled Michael's death (which I have mentioned earlier)...so their solution for Heart......was to have the wedding, the happy times, then send Jack off to be killed, but the baby is on the way. The future, yada, yada.

:huh: That is an insight into their lack of judgment. I still don't know if I want to watch Season 6 without Jack, their marriage, and the celebration of their first child.

And that is why the hurry up and deal with the fallout, backlash from thousands of disappointed & upset viewers. Lori Laughlin (Abigail) even was urging people not to be angry at the Hallmark channel, it was the producers' decision, blah, blah. They know full well their decision was a bad one. Daniel Lissing (Jack) did say he never in a thousand years expected to ever have a fan base, people caring about him, etc. It is wonderful to have, but totally surprising to him.

I know I sound like a broken record, as do so many others, but the continual urging to watch Season 6, the promises that there are more stories, uplifting, etc. ......does NOT help at all. Doesn't work. They really let the fans of the show down, big time. Astounding all the views & comments (negative mostly) that came about as that was being shown. Even later.

That's why I stated only time will tell if the show continues when Hallmark reads Season 6 ratings. It must may go the way of Chesapeake Bay due to staff changes and poorly written story.

What is Chesapeake Bay? Do you mean Chesapeake Shores? Has that been cancelled already? That show has way too many characters and thus not enough time to develop stories.

I'm in the same boat as Poirot and Noel. I feel hurt, angry and annoyed. They messed this up big time and they know it. Lori Loughlin has a financial interest in the show as executive producer so of course she's trying to save face. I've seen countless tweets from Hallmark Channel executives, the show's production company and Execurive Producer Brian Bird encouraging fans to watch Season 6. They are nervous, probably about losing sponsors too if viewership goes down.

Also, Daniel Lissing (Jack) posted on Instagram today about a phone call about a possible job. He also said he's hopeful to see where his future takes him. So if he's so hopeful about future work prospects, why leave a hit show that's only 12 episodes a year and a steady paycheck??? Something doesn't add up here.

Definitely, Heather, several things do not add up. I think this may be the last season of the show due to fans reactions.

I definitely think Hallmark has a problem understanding their audience. I liked Cedar Cove too and was shocked when they cancelled it. I thought it was much better than its replacement Chesapeake Shores.

Also, the Alison Sweeney (Sami) thing is odd. They seem to have cancelled her Murder She Baked series yet she is in early development for a new movie series. Why cancel the first series then? Was it a ratings issue? If so, how is a new series going to be any better if it's also a mystery series?

I love the 3 channels but they tend to reuse the same actors over and over again in different movies and series. They start to blend after a while. They also have a habit of just taking 2 known actors and putting them together without doing any type of chemistry test. Sometimes they get lucky and sometimes they don't.

In addition to When Calls the Heart, a lot of fans were also upset when they replaced Christina Ferrare with Debbie Matanopoulos on Home & Family.

Yeah, and when Hallmark reruns some of their older movies, a bit disconcerting to see the same actress (like Lacey Chabert) in the first one, then the second one, and a different guy. LOL I really like Paul Green, and miss him in the movies, but have loved him in When Calls the Heart. (he plays the doctor).

I don't mind different actors paired together because their personal commitments and schedules vary. I do think they need to think through more thoroughly the tv series. First, sign major characters to long-term contracts so negotiations are not a problem. Second, have a strategy to please loyal viewers if someone decides to move on or writers dismiss the character. Much of this upset by fans could have been avoided IF Hallmark had prepared more ahead of time. And with over 1 year is plenty of time to do just that.

Back